It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we wear our MAGA hat's now without being Harrased Freedom of expression Makes Comeback

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now that the truth is out will we see more people wearing MAGA hat's all over the place ? Honestly people didn't wear them because it would get them into potential situations when with family So Now will it be OK for freedom of expression

LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Go ask your father. If he says it's fine I guess you can wear it for an hour or two AFTER you do your homework.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you do better be armed and ready.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You always could....and if anyone tried to physically stop you, then the law is on your side.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That hat has come to represent a modern day Confederate flag, like it or not all it does is highlight the division in our country.

People who wear that hat in places they know they are going to get a reaction are douchy trolls in my opinion. They know that the reaction is going to be anything from sneers to physical violence and yet they proudly wear it hoping for confrontation.

It is a shame that it has gotten to this point in all honesty, never in my lifetime has a president caused such division with an article of clothing stamped with their slogan. The only thing that would have come close is if republicans were running around proudly wearing g.w.bush shirts. SMH

Imo trump by acting like a "loud mouth Archie bunker" brought this division and hatred towards his brand, hey but it helps him sell hats right?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I dont live in the states but my brothers were vísiting Orlando in 2016 for the world Championship in weight lifting. There were 4 of them, all huge guys and as soon as they started asking people where they could buy maga hats. People got less than friendly.. downright hostile.

People freaky the f# out of the sight of this hat.

There's á thread on it were Girls slashed the tires of a security guards car because he had a MAGA hat in his car.

"Its a symbol of hate"

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

I dont live in the states but my brothers were vísiting Orlando in 2016 for the world Championship in weight lifting. There were 4 of them, all huge guys and as soon as they started asking people where they could buy maga hats. People got less than friendly.. downright hostile.

People freaky the f# out of the sight of this hat.

There's á thread on it were Girls slashed the tires of a security guards car because he had a MAGA hat in his car.

"Its a symbol of hate"

And, who is stopping anyone from wearing it, really? They can shout and whine, ignore you all they want. However, if they become violent, and resort to physical altercations, then that is assault and battery and can be taken to court. Just like those wacked out chicks that slashed the tires.

Just because someone "thinks" it represents hate, does not make it true. The more people hide and allow that behavior to occur unchallenged, the more emboldened they will become.

Appeasement in the face of threats never works.....ever.

edit on 3/25/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
That hat has come to represent a modern day Confederate flag, like it or not all it does is highlight the division in our country.

People who wear that hat in places they know they are going to get a reaction are douchy trolls in my opinion. They know that the reaction is going to be anything from sneers to physical violence and yet they proudly wear it hoping for confrontation.

It is a shame that it has gotten to this point in all honesty, never in my lifetime has a president caused such division with an article of clothing stamped with their slogan. The only thing that would have come close is if republicans were running around proudly wearing g.w.bush shirts. SMH

Imo trump by acting like a "loud mouth Archie bunker" brought this division and hatred towards his brand, hey but it helps him sell hats right?

In your dreams, perhaps. The hat is a hat. You and your ilk have chosen to be triggered by it. You all have chosen to be divided. We are not the ones that created #Resist. You probably believe Jussie smollett still.

Go see a doctor for that TDS.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
If the hat is a 'confederate flag' to somebody they're the problem. It is very childish to be so triggered by a hat that conveys real hope and change for a better America. If I'm wearing it then I'll tell you what it represents to me, others can't tell me what it represents to me.

Just because somebody is wearing provocative clothing doesn't mean they're asking for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I figure if my hubby has the em, er, you know, to wear a Uof M hat, while doing construction on MSU's baseball locker room, he'll wear a MAGA hat anywhere.
That was far more dangerous. LOL

Comparing the hat to a confederate flag?
Seems a bit extreme.
Although either should be free to be worn or flown.
We are still America, aren't we.

Do they still teach keeping your hands to yourself in kindergarten?
Seems people need a refresher course.
edit on 25-3-2019 by chiefsmom because: spelling yet again

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So it's the fault of the people wearing the hat, and not the one's attacking them for it? Really?? Short skirts anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Never liked ball caps. But this one says Made America Great Always. I wear a black one that has faded out over the years.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And whats wrong with the Confederate battle flag anyway. Same as a MAGA hat, stupid people attacking something because someone told them to. Useful idiots as they are known to the dims.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I know is right now the Dems need a MDGA hat. Perhaps adorned with a sickle and star.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I don't agree.

Since you do, how exactly did you arrive to this stance? What actions did folks who wear the hat take to be the object of your frustration?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Sorry, Trump caused nothing, intolerant Democrats did.

I guess women wearing short shorts are to blame when they get raped too.
edit on 25-3-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, Trump caused nothing, intolerant Democrats did.

I guess women wearing short shorts are to blame when they get raped too.

The problem started with the entire idea floated by Trump. "Make America Great Again" implies that it was great at one time for the people of this nation and it now isn't. Except that for most everybody except white men, it wasn't better. Only a naive privileged idiot would be foolish enough to make a statement like that considering how bad this country has treated a good lot of Americans (and women, obviously). So a lot of people took that statement that way. And if it wasn't being stated that way then it was still someone making the statement who has no awareness of others and doesn't deserve to head up this country (this just being one of the many reasons). This turned out to be very true.

Trump has divided the USA at every turn starting before the campaign trail and continues to every day. Blame the media all you want, they just joined in on the Trump game. That game being reality TV and capitalism.

Sorry, it isn't 'just a hat'.

And comparing Trump hats to women who get raped? Man, another all time shameful low. Raise that victimhood flag high.
edit on 25-3-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

and the hospitals

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

No.

Because leftist assholes hate free expression.

/thread

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
The problem started with the entire idea floated by Trump. "Make America Great Again" implies that it was great at one time for the people of this nation and it now isn't. Except that for most everybody except white men, it wasn't better.

That's actually quite sad that you and many others seem to come to that conclusion regarding that statement. I've got brown skin and yet when I hear MAGA I don't sit back and think to myself "Yeah, let's return to the time that white men had everything and the rest of us were shat on!!!", not at all. When I think of MAGA, I think of all the great things of the past mixed with the diversity of today. I'll be 40 in May and I'm already looking back fondly on the good ol'days that seem to be disappearing.

One example is freedom of speech. I actually miss the days when people fought for their right to free speech, to say and joke about what we want and when people could actually laugh at themselves. Nowadays everyone is so afraid of hurting others feelings that it's just not fun anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join