It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real problem with the United States of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: network dude

Too polarized these days, we're too divided. I don't think we'll ever get past this, and if post #2 is any indicator then I know I'm 100% correct. There will be a political civil war before we find peace and compromise again.

So you think civil war is the only answer. Who would be on the two sides of the war and what would victory look like?

No, I think it's the only solution, and you've yet to give one so for now, my solution is better than yours.

I'd rather see the democrats take their ideology and policies to one side of the country where they they can live in their utopia under their own rules and Republicans can do the same in their own part of the country.

For the present, things are only going to get worse. We're too divided.

Solution to what??????

There's really nothing wrong. The billionaires got a HUGE tax cut. And many consumer protection laws have been gutted. Worker's rights have been curtailed. Monopolies and cartels are thriving. Why do you think there are any problems? What problems? Things are GREAT in this country!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That’s what I always thought. Though I never believed it, I wanted the Russia collusion narrative to be true, because if it wasn’t, it means the government is compromised, corrupt, and our intelligence leaders are either liars or stupid.

Yes, it is a good thing that the American President never colluded with a foreign power to win an election, but it is a bad thing that our intelligence services and media are inept and corrupt.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot

We need to purge these elements from our country

Are you suggesting we start purging Democrats from our country?

LOL GREAT STRAWMAN! 5/5 POOP EMOJI'S WOULD READ AGAIN!

Seriously, why do I even bother responding to people like you completely misrepresenting the content of posts? So blatantly deceitful.

Just further proof that anything following "You're suggesting" or "So you're saying" is usually a straw man.

link   
Well, I don't know much but I'll tell you this much. IMNSHO, Donald Trump IS not, WAS not and never WILL be an outsider. Everything I need to know about Donald Trump is contained within the basic facts of how I ever even knew who Donald Trump was in the first place.

About the only advantage to being in my mid 40s at this point in history is that I'm old enough to remember HOW Trump became a household name in the first damn place. If you're not old enough to remember a time before smartphones, I'll give you a hint. Trump didn't just come out of nowhere and win the presidential election. Trump was entirely MADE by the MSM. The same MSM that we have been told has been trying to tear him down.

First of all, when these people brought Trump into the spotlight, they were easily one of the most powerful forces on earth at the time. The mainstream media was it before the internet. They had the power to create and the power to destroy. There was absolutely no reason why they needed to build Trump up at the time. He first started becoming a fixture in the media sometime in the 70s (I think). Now actually, this is kind of before my time. Meaning I was alive but not paying attention to the news.

But as a teenager, I knew who Trump was and I didn't know much as a teenager so that should tell you something right there. Everyone knew who Trump was and he was probably one of the most widely known people in the world. For no real reason, other than the fact that he was wealthy. Which, OK. Wealthy people have a higher profile (sometimes) but most wealthy people were not Donald Trump and it never made any sense because there were people who were richer than he was (and smarter) who most people had never heard of. Why was Trump a household name and the rest of them were not? That's a good question and I doubt anyone can answer it. I sure can't.

The MSM was seemingly irrationally obsessed with him from early on for no apparent reason. To me, this is suspicious. Again, at my age, I'm old enough to have some common sense about the media. I have never seen them fixate on anything for no reason at all. They ALWAYS have an agenda. What was their motive for making Donald Trump who he became? Because Trump (though he may have been successful in any case) absolutely IS a product of the MSM. 100%. They kept his name up there on a billboard for decades for no obvious reason. Every single mention of a rich person probably had Trump's name plastered on it in blinking lights. This makes no sense if they were just doing it to be doing it. No. Someone had an agenda and Trump was part of it (whether knowingly or not).

But outsider? No. That is one thing I don't believe for a second that Donald Trump is. The man spent most of his life in and around NYC. And if there is a festering cesspool anywhere on the planet, NYC is it's capital city. This fact is so well known that it's like an open secret. Everyone just knows it. This man is not an outsider of any kind.

Perhaps the liberal MSM deliberately created their ultimate villain specifically because they knew the result would be too ugly to withstand the light of day. Certainly in this day and time, the average person is offended and upset by absolutely everything. The state of hypersensitivity about everything now is so high you can't fart in your own home without setting off a panic alarm somewhere. The idea that this assclown rose to the presidency at this exact time in history by accident is absurd. I can't believe people are buying this story. Something is wrong with this picture.

link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

I am pretty confident government is compromised and corrupt at every level including the judges.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

You still did not answer the question. What are you suggesting needs to be changed?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The beauty of democracy
The people choose how the country is run and by who
And everyone that are not criminal can run the country if they get enough votes.
Not all will be happy with democracy, but the majority will

I think america is doing just fine

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They have established the precedent. That's all that matters.

The only solution is full transparency. No more cover of darkness -- especially not in the name of "national security." Give the people the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and we can figure it out.

And we will vote accordingly.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So where do we go from here?

I know it's a long shot, but I am hoping that Q is real and that military tribunals fill prisons with the corrupt sooner rather than later.

Those that fight with their vote watch the seas of voters vote for who they hate the least. It seemingly shows that the Red/Blue band-aid may hurt too much for the voting masses to even peak outside their gang colors. Politicians represent the voters. It's just my opinion, but it seems as if the integrity is lost prior to voting, and that what happens after is more of a resulting consequence.

Voters may just be as good as only the mail room guy is... let's just face it already. So the core of the dilemma would reside in the hard route if you ask me. Integrity in voting has already left the dock long ago.

Adding no less than 3 more party's to general elections may show to break up the one-sided thought processes better than any measure of elimination.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Going forward, is this how we do things now? I do want to know how we as a nation evolve from this fiasco. Do we automatically start a resistance campaign against the guy we didn’t want to win and weaponized any and all government agencies we have IN OUR CONTROL AT THE TIME?

This is like every generation thinks they were the ones who invented sex:

"Kenneth Starr's successor as Independent Counsel, Robert Ray, released a report in September 2000, that stated "This office determined that the evidence was insufficient to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that either President or Mrs. Clinton knowingly participated in any criminal conduct."[24] Nevertheless, Ray criticized the White House saying that delays in the production of evidence and "unmeritorious litigation" by the president's lawyers severely impeded the investigation's progress, leading to a total cost of nearly $60 million. Ray's report effectively closed the Whitewater investigation.[6]"

Whitewater Investigation

I think in this country we have a history of this type of fiasco. I don't understand why this is such a big deal from OP author's perspective.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think both sides are quick to celebrate the "justice" system when it works in their favor and than turn around and cry foul when it doesn't.

There are plenty here who think that Hillary got special treatment for lack of transparency by using a private email server (I'm one of them). To make matters worse she deleted emails the FBI were investigating. But then it's like crickets around here when it comes out Ivanka uses private email and Jared uses Whatsapp.

I think it comes down to the age old saying there are laws for us and laws for them.

Those two situations are apples, and oranges in many ways, but off the top of my head, did Ivanka, or Jared destroy evidence post congessional subpoena?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

So where do we go from here?

I know it's a long shot, but I am hoping that Q is real and that military tribunals fill prisons with the corrupt sooner rather than later.

So what you are suggesting is a military style dictatorship take over the government and end the corruption? What about what the Constitution says about elections?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Furthermore, we need to address the issue of whether Russia influenced an election, which is now what the Russia hoaxers are falling back upon. It seems to me that meddling on social media is not the same as meddling in an election.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think both sides are quick to celebrate the "justice" system when it works in their favor and than turn around and cry foul when it doesn't.

There are plenty here who think that Hillary got special treatment for lack of transparency by using a private email server (I'm one of them). To make matters worse she deleted emails the FBI were investigating. But then it's like crickets around here when it comes out Ivanka uses private email and Jared uses Whatsapp.

I think it comes down to the age old saying there are laws for us and laws for them.

Those two situations are apples, and oranges in many ways, but off the top of my head, did Ivanka, or Jared destroy evidence post congessional subpoena?

No they just used back doors while they were under investigation 🙄

Most analogies aren't perfect fits... This one is not, and I've already said I think Hillary was more flagrant and I'll go further to say I think she committed a crime I certainly couldn't get away with.

But the unwillingness for people to call out Ivanka and Jared just proves my point.

The defending them proves my point.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

how to fix it? First step is repeal the patriot act. Second is to expose the NSA for what they really are. Third is to shut the NSA down.

That's the first start.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I think the report in its entirety needs to be released so people can see how much they have been fooled or not and let the people make the decision after analysis of the investigation.

If not, were just going in circles, government officials say whatever they need to to get person x or y behind them. Let the people think for themselves;

Release the report. Show the extent of the hoax.

Nobody, including President Trump, is suggesting otherwise. The dem talking heads are acting like there is some widespread coverup, which there isn't.

There are regulations about what can be released publicly that were put in place long before this started. Dems know this, but they are just trying to stir up their uninformed base.

Pathetic really....

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What, in my post, looked like I was defending them? I was just pointing out a huge difference in the two situations that you were comparing.

If it wasn't an apt comparison, in your mind, why make it at all?

That's just whataboutism.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: snarfbot

You still did not answer the question. What are you suggesting needs to be changed?

Your question was loaded, it misrepresented the content of my post. Why would I answer a question about an statement I didn't make?

That last question was rhetorical, it does not require a response.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

how to fix it? First step is repeal the patriot act. Second is to expose the NSA for what they really are. Third is to shut the NSA down.

That's the first start.

Ok.

Repeal the Patriot Act.

I see this a lot.

How?

How's it going to be done? Really. HOW?

Who's going to do it?

Repeal this, enact that, vote for xyz. . . .

How is repealing the Patriot Act going to become a reality?

It's like saying, "Congress should not vote themselves raises".

How do we stop it?

Face it, the only way "repealing the Patriot Act" would ever get done is by wiping out DC and starting over again. I don't even think a zombie apocalypse would stop the politicians in DC. They'd just tax brains.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
Furthermore, we need to address the issue of whether Russia influenced an election, which is now what the Russia hoaxers are falling back upon. It seems to me that meddling on social media is not the same as meddling in an election.

Did other countries ever not attempt to influence American elections? The idea that this never happened before is beyond belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join