It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real problem with the United States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Going forward, is this how we do things now? I do want to know how we as a nation evolve from this fiasco. Do we automatically start a resistance campaign against the guy we didn’t want to win and weaponized any and all government agencies we have IN OUR CONTROL AT THE TIME?

I ask because a serious conglomerations of events took place, and a whole lot of laws were bent, hidden, or outright ignored. The most important law that was disregarded is the Constitution. Our forefathers enacted a system of government to be used for our nation. In it, was provisions for electing leaders. That system lays out the process in a fairly simple way, so that constitutional lawyers and leaders can understand it, and act accordingly. When we think something is broken, those crafty old dudes even provided for that, an amendment.

So rather than go about fixing what must have been a YUGE mistake that allowed an outsider to be elected by the people, our leaders (both sides if you buy into that) decided to use some out of the box thinking, and just blatantly use the dirty tricks book they had been operating out of with impunity. Well, now that we know a good deal of what happened, and likely will hear a whole lot more in the coming weeks about just how bad things actually were/are, what can be done to correct this course?

I don’t have the answers, all I have is questions. That, and a few facts that seem to point to a serious problem. It’s time to forget about right vs left, and I don’t like Trump cuz he’s orange. It’s time to focus on the corrupt system that allowed this mess to happen in the first place. If Trump is really a bad leader, the next election should sort that out, so we don’t need to spend a whole lot of time rehashing old lies. He did enough dumb things that are factual to hold up an argument, as well as the good things equally as factual.

So where do we go from here? Ignore it and hope it goes away? Prosecute the mail room guy and call it a win? Or do we go the hard route and try to fix this at it’s core? Is integrity worth the cost?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Word vomit

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Going forward, is this how we do things now?

the endless investigation?
that has been a congressional strategy for a while now, from both sides
what appears to be new here was the weaponization of the intelligence community
while the patriot act really screwed things up, the lengths gone to in an attempt to unseat a duly elected president are frighting

big brother is watching, and bad actors will now use that against political opponents when no crime was committed

that is scary

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is nowhere near over.
The Dems have shown they are willing to do anything to get/stay in power and they don't give a damn who they hurt doing it. They will continue the attacks on Conservatives and anyone who doesn't follow the groupthink .
There is no middle ground with these folks and I'm f**king tired of trying.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think both sides are quick to celebrate the "justice" system when it works in their favor and than turn around and cry foul when it doesn't.

There are plenty here who think that Hillary got special treatment for lack of transparency by using a private email server (I'm one of them). To make matters worse she deleted emails the FBI were investigating. But then it's like crickets around here when it comes out Ivanka uses private email and Jared uses Whatsapp.

I think it comes down to the age old saying there are laws for us and laws for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

wow

so ivanka and jared are passing classified info now?
i must have missed that.
if it was in the mueller report they will not be prosecuted for such

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Word vomit

This is the last stage of Liberal argumentation, pretending that the opposing party's arguments are incoherent.

Just a bald assertion that they cannot understand the content.

Pathetic.

(post by toysforadults removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I saw cnn praising themselves for such great journalism and how they're happy a sitting president isn't a traitor. Can't make this up

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I love this way they are ............uh...... staying in power. Carry-on, power to you, uh don't stop doing what your doing.... There's a career for Pelosi and AOC....... on SNL, with the likes of what's his name.... Baldwin.. Alex Baldwin.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I didn't say they passed classified information.

Merely I pointed out their efforts to circumvent FOIA by not having communications on government channels.

What wrong with asking for transparency from all the players and not exempting the ones you decide?
edit on 25-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: added not

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Repeal the Patriot Act

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot

originally posted by: toysforadults
Word vomit

This is the last stage of Liberal argumentation, pretending that the opposing party's arguments are incoherent.

Just a bald assertion that they cannot understand the content.

Pathetic.

Yea I've only seen liberals do that here. /s

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So where do we go from here? Ignore it and hope it goes away? Prosecute the mail room guy and call it a win? Or do we go the hard route and try to fix this at it’s core? Is integrity worth the cost?

There's really nothing wrong. The billionaires got a HUGE tax cut. And many consumer protection laws have been gutted. Worker's rights have been curtailed. Monopolies and cartels are thriving. Why do you think there are any problems? What problems? Things are GREAT in this country!!!!

edit on 25-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
At least so far they have held the racist Dems back so maybe more people will see the way they operate and treat people.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm very carefull being critical about other nation's political system since it's a mess any place you look. Big difference between my corner of the world and yours, from the outside it seems like there are only two sides you can choose from in America and if you are for one, you are automatically against the other.

We've got like 36 political parties having to manage a balance to govern our country. Only the extreme right and left are pretty identifiable but they'll remain minorities because the average Joe isn't extreme in his/her opinion.

Peace
edit on 25-3-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I saw cnn praising themselves for such great journalism and how they're happy a sitting president isn't a traitor. Can't make this up

Stop operating under the delusion any of the news channels are anything more than propaganda outlets. What is spoken is designed to make outrage. Outrage makes more people watch. Rating equals more money. Every news outlet is about one thing more than anything else and that is ratings and making money. People in these outlets will say anything and everything. They will say outright lies if it gets better ratings. There is no grand left or right wing media conspiracy. Soros means nothing. It's simply a form of entertainment people choose to watch.

If you are sick of the Democrats stop watching. If you are sick of the Republicans then stop watching. Nothing being said has anything to do with reality.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

How can we solve this problem?

Not sure, there is corruption in every branch of the government, in its law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

The media, and Hollywood are controlled by enemies of the people, so are the largest most powerful corporations.

We need to purge these elements from our country without entering into some kind of Third Red Scare, and I'm not even sure if that is possible. At any rate anything we do will be presented as such by the corrupt media for sure.

It is going to be very difficult.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Democrats haven't been this mad at Republicans since Republicans took away the Democrats slaves.

I ready dont see it as a problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
At least so far they have held the racist Dems back so maybe more people will see the way they operate and treat people.

I agree. Democrats are the cause for everything that is bad in this country. What we need is STRONG leadership that can only come from having a right wing military style dictatorship. Everyone hates Congress. Everyone hates the Democrats. But everyone loves the military.

I think George Carlin said it best:

"These rich cockadoodledoos don't care about you"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join