It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Man Charged With Assault After Catching Child Molester In The Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know what I'd have done if I'd causght someone in the act but I think the guy would be getting some beats at least... before I tied hm up and called the police to deal with the paedo filth, either that or I might go too far and kill the POS

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Everyone hates chesters, but there has to be more to the story, like use of force.

Did he do enough to stop and restrain, or did he deal out punishment?

My guess is he beat him bad. While deserving, probably illegal.

Some states allow lethal force to stop a forcible felony.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Playing devil's advocate here; a Police officer assaulting a suspect, even in those circumstances, would be in trouble. Why should there be more legal leeway for civilians? The question will be how much force was needed to stop the event and carry out a citizen's arrest.

edit on 24-3-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

LOL,

Barking up the wrong tree on this one. I am hard on cops when there are clear abuses of authority, questionable shootings (to include dogs), planting evidence, and corruption.

If this was a police officer who used force to stop this, I would be applauding and speaking up for the officer.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmm. I guess they want you to just let it happen if you catch someone in the act.

F that noise.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
The jury will determine if he went too far, or if he applied an appropriate amount of force.

I think the appropriate amount of force in that scenario was for him to crack open the pervert's skull with a framing hammer.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Where is Richard Adams' GoFundMe?

That is one I would gladly donate to.

Apparently, here, created by his uncle.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
His defense should be that he was performing a citizens arrest because he was in fear for the boy's life and in placing the perpetrator in custody he resisted causing him to fall and receive two black eyes and several missing teeth as he repeatedly bashed his face against his closed fist.
Not guilty!

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Not Guilty, drop the charges and give the man a crime stoppers reward check.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

At least he didn't film it on his phone or just watch like people do in a subway of NY when someone is getting beat to death.

I'm curious how much each weigh and how tall they are... That would determine how much force i go in with from the get go.

Besides, the molester is 17.. He is considered an adult in most states. And may have looked as such. It's not like you are checking his id at that time.

He deserves a little roughing up in my opinion

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
At least he didn't film it on his phone or just watch like people do in a subway of NY when someone is getting beat to death.

Apparently, he streamed part of his attack on Facebook, trying to make the 17 year old to confess what he had just done.

I'm curious how much each weigh and how tall they are... That would determine how much force i go in with from the get go.

According to his uncle, he beat the 17 year old "pretty bad".

Besides, the molester is 17.. He is considered an adult in most states. And may have looked as such. It's not like you are checking his id at that time.

He knew how old both the little boy and the 17 year old were, as they are the younger brothers of his girlfriend. He was on his girlfriend's father's house, doing the laundry, when he walked in on the abuse.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yea...he would've just been better off stopping what the17 yo was doing

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In cases like this, surely there has some to be some leeway given to the defendant, given the circumstances that triggered his emotional response. Honestly, anyone who witnesses something like that and doesn't have uncontrollable anger overwhelm their response to the situation (thus "assaulting") is not right in the head. In certain situations like these, there really should be exceptions to assault charges.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Look up pedophile, and then search your name...do you have a no candy sign too?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is a good example of why I changed my mind about wanting to be a cop. Imagine having to arrest someone who should be given a medal?

How does that work with police discretion, did the officer HAVE to arrest this hero?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1
How does that work with police discretion, did the officer HAVE to arrest this hero?

Maybe he had to, considering his uncle says he beat the 17 year old "pretty bad".

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Awww it survived?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join