It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant About "US"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
SPOILERS.

This is a rant about the new Jordan Peele movie "US". SO we can not just like a movie just because we like the person that wrote and directed a movie. I feel like a lot of the reviews that I read were just people saying they liked the movie and not giving a reason why you liked the movie. One of the reviewers said it was a great movie because it is left up to you interpretation. (what??!!)

ANd I am probably going to add to this rant as the days progress. But we cant just say that this movie is "Inception" level and you have to watch it multiple times to get it. NO! :ets be honest there were big plot holes in this movie. You have to really stretch to look for the social aspect or social commentary for this money. some people have said institutionalization was a part of this (didnt see that)

I am going to add more to this but I feel like there is a mob like tendency going to support some thing that is not actually good.

And I like Jordan Peele I think he is very intelligent and very funny. This was not as good of a movie as people are saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And another thing. I dont think Jordan peele can do a good Horror movie. To me you are bot suppossed to laugh half the time through a good horror movie. This is the second movie Jordan you have done where they are to many laughs, I know and realize you have a great and accomplished comedy background. But please if you want to get into the genre of Horror lets respect the genre and not try and transform the genre.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Seems like a good flick to me. I will see it and report back.

join