It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter Page not indicted - Precedent now set for Trump to pay for rumors and spy on Dems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To begin with, I have been consistent on threads this week about the Mueller report saying I want the public to see it, and we shouldn't rely on people in the press telling us whats in it to make up our minds. So take the following with a grain of salt.

Having said that, almost all media outlets are reporting Mueller will recommend no new indictments. IF that is true, this is damning for the Russian collusion narrative.

The first thing that comes to mind as important to discuss is the case of Carter Page.

Quick summary for those who may not know.

Page was a periphery member of Trump team. He was accused of conspiring with Russians to help steal the election for Trump in return for shares of an Russian oil company in the Hillary ally paid for opposition research conducted by former British spy Christopher Steele.

The FBI then took Steeles dossier to a FISA court to wiretap Page, and accused him of basically being a Russian agent or spy. They got their warrant are spied on Page for quite some time.

Now when this all came out, I was stunned. The FBI using opposition research paid for by one campaign to spy on their opponents? This is one of the most corrupt things I could imagine.

In fact, here is the thread I did and a portion of what I said.

The precedent has now been set for a sitting Presidents party to pay foreign agents to go to countries that we are rivals or enemies with, get any kind of poorly written or scandalous info from that countries agents about the other parties candidate, then without the other party knowing it, get Fisa warrants to investigate and survey them with the FBI, spread that info far and why and to make sure it gets leaked to the press, and even tell allies about it.

In effect, this makes the FBI a tool for the sitting party to act as its own opposition research team; a team that can violate your rights and arrest you. It is the most Orwellian thing imaginable, and should be rejected in the strongest possible terms, and all of those responsible need to be held accountable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, many people on ATS, and more importantly in the institutions of power like the main stream media, said there was no problem with this. They said that they knew the FBI or mueller would come up with proof that they were right, and page was a russian asset.

Now keep in mind, to get this warrant, the FBI didnt say Page was an unwitting dupe by Russians. No they said he was actively working as an agent of Russia for personal gain to commit crimes to help Trump win the election.

Since my initial thread, it has came out that the dossier that was used to get the warrant on Page was not substantiated at the time. But I was told that didnt matter, because once the wiretap was gotten on Page, they would be able to prove the accusations in the dossier.

So surely, after nearly three years of investigation, including two of a special counsel with near limitless resources, they would have proved Page was a Russian spy.

Not only didnt they, they couldnt prove he broke any law at all.

And so we are right back to what I said in my thread on October 26, 2017.

This may be the biggest political scandal in the history of the country.

The pushback I am getting now goes as follows;

"well of course they didnt have proof Page was a Russian assett, thats why we needed the investigation! The accusation, even if made from paid oppo research from the political opponent, was so serious that we had to have an investigation of this magnitude"

And thus my claim from that 2017 thread is proven true

The precedent has now been set for a sitting Presidents party to pay foreign agents to go to countries that we are rivals or enemies with, get any kind of poorly written or scandalous info from that countries agents about the other parties candidate, then without the other party knowing it, get Fisa warrants to investigate and survey them with the FBI, spread that info far and why and to make sure it gets leaked to the press, and even tell allies about it.

So what have all the people who dislike Trump who legitimized this insane corruption by Obama's administration now justified?

Lets look at a now possible scenario for the 2020 election.

Its doesnt matter which democratic candidate wins the primary, but we will pick one. Lets say Cory Booker

Trump or his allies pay a foreign agent from any country to get opposition research on Booker.

They come up with a amateurishly written dossier which describes Booker going to China and getting peed on by hookers, people in Bookers campaign working with Chinese officials to steal the election for promise of money, etc.

None of this is verified.

That dossier is now taken to a FISA court and people connected to Bookers campaign can now be wiretapped and spied on. Trump can then spread all of the accusations all around, to government agencies, to foriegn allies, and in turn they can leak these accusations to the press. Bookers lawyers and other people to him can have their offices raided in the middle of the night. They will be investigated for crimes going decades back that have nothing to do with the 2020 election.

And thus in their zeal to take down trump and excuse Obama admin corruption in weaponizing the intel agencies to take down trump, these people have set the stage for trump to do the very same thing, and they will have no credibility when arguing that it would be corrupt.

It will be up to those of us who knew this was corrupt and called it out to not allow Trump to do the same.

Just like that, 90% of the msm, the entertainment industry, silicon valley, academia, and all of the people that cheered on this abuse have set the precedent for more harm to our republic than any foriegn power ever could; sitting Presidents may now use the intel agencies as their personal weapon to attack opponents based on rumors they or their allies pay for.

Its time for an investigation into this corruption, and for people to be held accountable in Obamas admin and the intel agencies.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have also found it odd that Page is an ex intelligence officer that the FBI used as late as 2015 as an asset in Russia.

SoOo... the FBI was fine using him as an asset in Russia before, but now suddenly he's being accused of being a Russian spy, although earlier he was cleared of the same by the FBI then worked for them?

He was set up as a way for the FBI to start spying on Trump.

Period.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This why we all need full transparency and a complete audit trail on this situation with all those involved brought to justice. Otherwise it will happen again.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think you are probably right.

We know form testimony from people like Strzok and Page that the FBI was worried about Carter Page being in contact with russians.

The FBI had jsut a few years earlier used page to help take down Russian criminals.

And yet instead of approaching trump and telling him this, they claimed Page was a russian spy using hillary paid for oppo research that was inverified then and even now three years later, and wirteapped Page.

If they were worried about Page being a russian spy, they would have approached Trump and warned him.

This shows it was most likely just an excuse to spy on people connected to trump.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Who can we hire to create a really good dossier?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I wonder how a possible future democrat president, campaign and administration will hold up under the same level of scrutiny and investigations in search of crimes?

The precedent has been set, I suppose we'll find out someday.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

People like Michael Flynn and Page are broke and ruined, while Comey and McCabe are working the talk-show sofas plugging their books. It’s sick. If there is no accountability it will only continue.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Also remember they used blog posts from one of Comey's friends to validate the dossier on some of the FISA warrants.

But now no more indictments...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

People like Michael Flynn and Page are broke and ruined, while Comey and McCabe are working the talk-show sofas plugging their books. It’s sick. If there is no accountability it will only continue.

Eactly right.

I have not seen one person who defended this use of the dossier and investigation say they would be ok with Trump paying for unverified rumors and then using them to spy on his opponents.

NOT. ONE. PERSON.

They know it was corrupt, and they know if Trump did it they would demand his removal from office and imprisonment.

Which shows all along that some many people are willing to cheer for corruption, as long as it is directed at the people they dont like.

And I have been warning of how dangerous that is, and those cheering loudest for this will eventually have that corruption turned against the people they support.

We must investigate this now and hold those accountable or it will go on indefinitely, and what little voice the average person has through voting will be irrelevant as the intel community can usurp the will of the voters any time they feel like it.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I wonder how a possible future democrat president, campaign and administration will hold up under the same level of scrutiny and investigations in search of crimes?

The precedent has been set, I suppose we'll find out someday.

I'd really like to see all the fbi "evidence" leading up to fisa and what should be considered illegal wiretapping and a breach of article 4 of the Constitution. I'd also like to see how the fbi and DOJ whitewashed Hillary's criminal activity, espionage, treason, embezzlement, fraud, etc and how the DOJ insulated her from charges. There is too much loose crap floating around here. I can only presume that clintonista had dirt on everybody and to comprise Hillary would destroy everyone (or at least most) in the doj, fbi, nsa, Cia, Congress, senate and agency bureaucrats. Otherwise, with the reams of surveillance data the nsa is collecting, they could have damned Hillary and exonerated trump without all this bs. Therefore, it is likely even the nsa is compromised.

I just see this whole fiasco as waste of tens of millions of taxpayer's funds, the attempted discrediting of a good man and the deliberate withholding of justice for the American people against the Clintons and Obama.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/24.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I have also found it odd that Page is an ex intelligence officer that the FBI used as late as 2015 as an asset in Russia.

SoOo... the FBI was fine using him as an asset in Russia before, but now suddenly he's being accused of being a Russian spy,

Could you please link source for this re: 2015? Trying to put together a long, comprehensive timeline of events which took place from the time of the Russian Reset to now. I'd like to detail this info. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ucanthandlethetruth

Lot's of good information with relevant links in the thread, "It Gets Worse: Carter Page Was An Undercover Asset For The FBI."

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The most damning portion of what was done is easy to describe; they got a fisa warrant instead of a wiretap warrant.
They knew they did not even have probable cause to be able to get a simple wiretap warrant. Instead they lied to the fisa court who rubber stamped their efforts to ignore Carter Pages 4th amendment rights.

Why didn't they get a simple wiretap warrant when so much "evidence" existed?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If you also recall Obama used the IRS to investigate and harm TEA Party and other conservative groups, was in charge during the largest expansions of the NSA's domestic wiretapping and surveilance programs, authorizating the DOJ to wiretap reporters to determine who in the media could be relied on to regurgitate the desired WH narratives, Brennan and Clapper lying to Congress when asked about spying on Americans and DC staffers... It's not hyperbole to say that the Obama administration was the most corrupt, abusing of power admin in modern history. I'd rather not see repeats of the crimes he approved while in office. We need leaders to prosecute his admin and make it clear this won't be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This thread has aged well.

I wanted to add a few interesting notes re: Carter Page not detailed here yet.

It's interesting he was also in the Trident Scholar Program at the Naval Academy and wrote his senior thesis about "weighing the need for 'Balancing Congressional Needs for classified Information: A Case Study of the Strategic Defense Initiative.'
Source

I found this write-up someone did on Medium about how strange it is balancing his thesis in 1993 up against the FISA abuses which were done against him. Interesting.
Medium

Due to the fact we know now he was ex-intelligence or at least worked closely with FBI/CIA at times, it becomes further interesting to note how Felix Sater has come out as a deep intelligence asset, and hinted Cohen may have been one also, his childhood friend.

As the circumstantial evidence mounts towards Sater allegedly laundering Russian money through the Trump brand and deals, including a recent lawsuit against him. He purportedly "plott[ed] to use Trump-branded skyscrapers to launder money allegedly stolen from a Kazakhstan bank. Source

Same allegations surround the Bayrock and Trump SoHo developments. So what is going on here?
Does anyone have a clue?

Why does the fact it's Kazakhstan interest me? Well, to go there I'd have to delve into UraniumOne, which isn't the point of this thread.

new topics

top topics

join