It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little help requested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Somehow I've never been able to take Jello seriously. Something about the way it just wiggles. So, me being a really serious guy, well, me and Jello never really saw eye to eye. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a 'live and let live' kinda guy, so I'm perfectly fine letting Jello exist in the same space as me, but we've never been best broh's.

So the other day I'm walking down the baking aisle in the store and I come across the Jello section and I get a completely wild hare. I politely introduced myself to the various Jello's, and suggested we just bury the proverbial hatchet. The Jello's were kind of mum on my request, but I took it as begrudging agreement. It was at this point which I loudly exclaimed..."BECAUSE TODAY, I AM GOING TO EAT ONE OF YOU JELLO'S!". The Jello's stopped wiggling and started quivering (and the heavyset older woman in the mumu down the aisle perked up like they were giving away free donuts over here).

Like the Eye of Mordor, I scanned the Jello's to see which one would fall prey to my alchemist plan. My gaze stopped on some Jolly Rancher flavored Jello...of the Cherry persuasion (I distinctly thought I heard the regular strawberry and lemon Jello's heave a sigh of relief). Hmmmm...Cherry, or Green Apple? Choices, choices. Well, Cherry it was. (It was a good thing too because the lady in the mumu was now breathing heavily right behind me craning her neck looking for the free donuts).

Once safely back in my laboratory, I set out making said Jolly Rancher Cherry Jello. I put the exact amounts of liquid together in my testubes and beakers and carefully measured out the mixtures. Then I connected all the hoses and wires, and heated everything over my trusty Bunsen burner. Everything appeared to be a success (and I didn't even spill anything on my lab coat) so I put the concoction in my lab cooler for the predetermined amount of time.

Well, the results of my experiment were a smashing success. Did I ever mention that Jolly Rancher Cherry Jello is...AWESOME??

So, okay, Jello...now I can take you somewhat seriously, but now I have a problem. A serious dilemma has befallen me. ...

What can I use Jolly Rancher Cherry Jello for? What dish can I make with it...and still be taken seriously? I mean...seriously?

edit on 3/24/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't know. We have Jell-O jigglers molds and occasionally we'll make some of those for our kiddo's desserts at night, but he hasn't asked for that in a long time.

Also, in the summer, there is a recipe where you mix Jell-O and a matching or complimentary flavor of Kool-Aid and freeze them in dixie cups to make popsicles. Again, you don't want to make much because there's lots of sugar in them, but they are good, and we loved them as kids.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Okay, but Jello "Jigglers" and "popsicles" are absolutely NOT "serious"...and remember, I'm a really serious guy!

LOL

ETA - I mean seriously, can you imagine moi, of all people, asking someone..."Would you like a Cherry (ahem) Jiggler?"..?????

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You want to get crazy? Ditch the Jello and go for Agar Agar!
You can really come up with some ART using this stuff. It isn't exactly like jello as it has kind of a crunch to it's chew?

]]]

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Boil cup of water.
Empty jello powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
Add in the 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 cup of vodka.
Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
🍷

I saw once on tv, wine shots with unflavoured gelatin, using double the gelatin amount, set in a sheet pan, then cut into cubes.

Serious stuff !!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That's pretty cool. I'm aware of Agar, but don't think I've ever done anything with it.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Okay, now we're getting serious.

Hmmm...Jolly Rancher Cherry flavored Jello made with...Everclear!

Probably need to keep a fire extinguisher handy for heating that mixture though!!!

We may be onto something here!

ETA - Then, after a few (dozen) of those, the jello wouldn't be the only thing wigglin'!

ETA 2 - Flaming Jello Shots!!! OH YEAH!!! (anything with fire is good!)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Jello is one of the best metaphors for the Universe. Given the analog wave-like nature of the Universe, everything is connected to everything else in every possible direction like jello. Rogue waves of energy converge causing the laws of physics to have outlying data points. This is why the Universe is so fascinating because even though it operates with known patterns still things occur at every level that bewilder the imagination. Energy jello is the Universe.

edit on 24-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: seeker1963

That's pretty cool. I'm aware of Agar, but don't think I've ever done anything with it.

I have never used it either, but just bought some to make that recipe I posted. lol I just need to make a trip to the city grocery store to get some good fruit!

I am just not a big jello fan for no reason really, just doesn't do anything for me. Also I guess I conseder it old folk food because it seems always on the menu in nursing homes..

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh yeah, this is all coming together now...

Flaming Cherry (9000 proof) Jello shots over discussions of Einstein...man!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Vodka-jelly is definitely the way to go, we used to make huge bowls of the stuff,

Beware, though, the stuff is lethal 🤓

Vodka-jelly recipe & method

🍻

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Great OP!!!

So I'm not usually a Jello fan either, but I like this recipe:

Raspberry Cool Whip Jello Recipe

I'm sure you could replace the raspberries with cherries. Sometimes I layer it with white cake cut into bite size pieces. I've also put the Jello filling in a graham cracker pie crust and topped with whip cream.

I've seen some similar recipes made with cream cheese that I'm meaning to try too.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yep. There is only ONE word in the universe that should follow Jell-O.

And that is "Shooters."

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Okay, so we've got the cocktail party part covered now.

What about the appetizer course?

And the dinner course?

The dessert course is easy.

Jolly Rancher Cherry JELLO, man!!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.kraftcanada.com...

Another good recipe, a light no bake cheesecake. It works well with any jello flavour.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lemme' lay this idea on you fine peeps...

What if...

I take a couple Cornish Game Hens, season them up on the outside and stuff the cavities with the Cherry Jello. Then I put them in a disposable aluminum pan and put it on the smoker for a couple hours at about 250? Yes, the jello would eventually melt but then it would serve as a cherry marinade, with the smoky flavor and the spices (like garlic, etc.)

The jello would melt, but it wouldn't melt right away until the internal temp of the bird got warm enough to allow it to melt.

That might be good. What say you?

Served with some wild rice and steamed asparagus.

ETA - See? I told you guys I was "serious"!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
DBL
edit on 3/24/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: So "serious" I double posted it!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How about a “next level” parfait?

Sour cherry Jello topped by an Italian zabaglione, flavored with a bit of sweet Marsala wine,and a dollop of coco-dusted whipped cream.

I’d maybe substitute rum or brandy for the Everclear in the Jello

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Wow...that sounds pretty darn good!

Regarding the rum / brandy...I was kinda' goin' with the "sledgehammer" theme. We could call 'em Flaming Cherry Skull Crushers.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You lucked out with your choice, it does not have aspartame in it. We learned to avoid the aspartame containing ones, the ones with sugar are way smoother tasting. I have never tried that brand, we usually get Jello brand or IGA brand because they do not contain aspartame. Jello is actually full of collagen, which are good for you. Of course, too much too often of anything is bad. I eat a lot of soups made by boiling bones so I get lots of collagen in my diet. Most people do not like to eat skin or intestines, or even soups made from collagen rich parts so their skin is thin and also their intestines and their veins are not strong either.

Jello goes real good with a bit of whip cream on top of it.

edit on 24-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join