It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Another thread title question on ATS to which the simple answer is "No".

You would think so, but sometimes "no" needs some explaining so they can spread the word. Education needs to be contagious or it doesn't get very far.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Education is wasted on some people, though.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

There are many other "theories" out there that support a 6,000 year age of the earth.
To blindly say that science disproves the bible is, although the popular argument, antiquated and without the understanding of hypocrisy.
Scientific understanding and law has continuously changed for hundreds of years. It is still changing today. And it will never stop changing IMHO.
The laws and stories of the bible have not changed. It is however interesting to observe how the understanding of the depth and magnitude of creation just continues to elevate our image of the massive ability of the Creator.

If you want proof that the God of Abraham is the one true God and Creator, and his son was Yehoshua, then I will point you to irrefutable truth. It is called prophecy. Do some research on the prophecies fulfilled by the rehabitization of Jews in their homeland 2,000 years after they were spread throughout the globe. Look at the prophecies and time tables given of the appearance of the Messiah. Those who seek the TRUTH will find it. That truth was put into the bible for people like you and me.

Once I discovered this truth, pretty much all unnecessary questions about the universe, science, etc had little meaning to me other than a "well, isn't that interesting." God is truly unfathomable for us in this current form.

edit on 27-3-2019 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

That's not proof.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

There are many other "theories" out there that support a 6,000 year age of the earth.
To blindly say that science disproves the bible is, although the popular argument, antiquated and without the understanding of hypocrisy.
Scientific understanding and law has continuously changed for hundreds of years. It is still changing today. And it will never stop changing IMHO.
The laws and stories of the bible have not changed. It is however interesting to observe how the understanding of the depth and magnitude of creation just continues to elevate our image of the massive ability of the Creator.

If you want proof that the God of Abraham is the one true God and Creator, and his son was Yehoshua, then I will point you to irrefutable truth. It is called prophecy. Do some research on the prophecies fulfilled by the rehabitization of Jews in their homeland 2,000 years after they were spread throughout the globe. Look at the prophecies and time tables given of the appearance of the Messiah. Those who seek the TRUTH will find it. That truth was put into the bible for people like you and me.

Once I discovered this truth, pretty much all unnecessary questions about the universe, science, etc had little meaning to me other than a "well, isn't that interesting." God is truly unfathomable for us in this current form.

Do you know what self fulfilling prophecy is?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Another thread title question on ATS to which the simple answer is "No".
Well..."No, but thanks for playing."

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

With that attitude, we wouldn't have flushing toilets. Glad you're not in charge!

Damn, and I thought my microwave could only boil water!

The cosmic microwave background (CMB, CMBR) is electromagnetic radiation as a remnant from an early stage of the universe in Big Bang cosmology. In older literature, the CMB is also variously known as cosmic microwave background radiation (CMBR) or "relic radiation". The CMB is a faint cosmic background radiation filling all space that is an important source of data on the early universe because it is the oldest electromagnetic radiation in the universe, dating to the epoch of recombination. With a traditional optical telescope, the space between stars and galaxies (the background) is completely dark. However, a sufficiently sensitive radio telescope shows a faint background noise, or glow, almost isotropic, that is not associated with any star, galaxy, or other object. This glow is strongest in the microwave region of the radio spectrum. The accidental discovery of the CMB in 1964 by American radio astronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson[1][2] was the culmination of work initiated in the 1940s, and earned the discoverers the 1978 Nobel Prize in Physics.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

as I've said the sumerian King list predates the bible and provides evidence that the earth is much older than 6000 years

who then speaks the right truth , the bible or the sumerian king list as to the true age of the earth ?

Sumeria came before christ !

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think the universe was created by God, but I don't know how long ago. If you read the Bible, the only time that "time" is mentioned is "in the beginning." Are we 100% certain that our carbon dating is accurate past a couple hundred years? Personally I think the earth is billions or hundreds of millions of years old and I think we're the second advanced civilization on it. Once we're wiped out or brought home during the 7 years of our Tribulation, life will begin again and the third advanced civilization will start advancing about a million years after they're created. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

Yes, there aren’t many “theories” supporting this. At least nothing based on actual testable, repeatable data or the scientific method. There are hypothetical scenarios that people who don’t understand science like to push, but none of them stand up to the level of scrutiny a Scientific Theory must undergo.

Like blindly believing that science is definitely wrong and the Bible is absolutely correct and perfect? The position is neither antiquated nor lacking an understanding of hypocrisy. I can read your hypocrisy right here in black and white.

The laws and stories of the bible have not changed.

Science changes when new information is discovered. That is a positive thing, not a negative.

As for the Bible not having changed... completely untrue. The Hebrew scripture changed quite dramatically from what was written prior to the Babylonian diaspora and what was written after they were allowed to return home after Cyrus conquered Babylon. The Noah Flood myth didn’t exist until after Hebrew scribes had to translate the Gilgamesh Epic and that is just one example.

It is however interesting to observe how the understanding of the depth and magnitude of creation just continues to elevate our image of the massive ability of the Creator.

Speaking for everyone now? It may elevate YOUR image of YOUR interpretation of god but Christianity encompasses only 1/7 of the worlds population.

Self fulfilling prophecies aren’t evidence of anything other than someone literate was able to convince you that events were prophesized in the past.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I'm breaking protocol here. I'm not supposed to reveal this, but, consider this a temptation:

You are the creator of the universe. You created this universe last (that is, this most recent) Thursday at noon, and it will expire next (that is, this upcoming) Thursday at noon. Everything you perceive as predating last Thursday was planted by You in order to create the impression of an ancient universe governed by natural laws. This planted evidence includes all of your memories and all physical evidence of prior events.

You created the universe as a test for you. Everyone who is not you is an aspect of You, placed here to complete the environment for the test. Everyone but you is aware of this.
The Creed of Last Thursdayism

I don't fear judgement, because, hey! I will just show up again next Thursday; or not.
The test is yours, and yours alone.

Impossibru... If this is my world that I created, I couldn't have made up most of the BS the left pulls on a daily basis...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
Scientists Find First Observed Evidence That Our Universe May Be a Hologram
Physicists finds evidence from just after the Big Bang that supports the controversial holographic universe theory.

PAUL RATNER
02 February, 2017
bigthink.com...

You're overanalyzing the simplicity of the universe, to the extreme. 2+2=4 and you don't scratch paper to reach that sum. But with common core, much like scientists and the universe, you could go through multiple pages of paper to reach "4."

I mean, a hologram? Come on man.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

as I've said the sumerian King list predates the bible and provides evidence that the earth is much older than 6000 years

who then speaks the right truth , the bible or the sumerian king list as to the true age of the earth ?

Bible doesn't say the Earth is 6,000 years old.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As far as I know for sure, the universe is only as old as I am. There are things that appear to have existed before I did, but not from my frame of reference. I don't recall there being any universe before I was born.

In the same way, the universe will likely end when I die. As far as I'm concerned. Which is the only thing that matters, when you think about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If this is my world that I created, I couldn't have made up most of the BS the left pulls on a daily basis...

It wouldn't be much of a test if everyone agreed with you.

Remember when you tried that a few Thursday's back?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Barcs

It's not possible. All evidence and research points to an older earth and universe. The only way one could argue that is by saying that it was created 6000 years ago, but was created to appear much older and I don't really see a purpose in doing that to deceive us.

Not at all. Was Adam created as a fetus, or a grown adult male? Why then wouldn't a rock be created as an appropriately aged piece of matter?

Because both notions are absurdly ridiculous. Especially the radiometric dating one. Why would a god purposely set up the world to appear older than it is with scientific measurements? Why even both with that if you want people to have faith that you exist? If you want to believe a creator can do anything, that's fine, but it doesn't change reality.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
What’s you thoughts on a global catastrophe that could have quickened the formation of rocks, with atypical pressure and friction?

Could rock layers be dated older, only because we date rocks based on a slow gradual formation.
When perhaps they were just formed more quickly due to an abnormal global event of pressure and friction.

No chance. All of that has been completely debunked and refuted. We know the grand canyon was not suddenly made. The erosion patterns prove it.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: sapien82

Bible doesn't say the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Not directly, but the people that believe it, justify it by adding up the lineages in the bible.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
regardless of whether the bible says its 6000 years old , how is the christian version of creation any more real or true than say the sumerian , or mayan , or egyptian , when they were written before the bible and its version of the creation of the universe, that was my point!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

matter then no matter and who knows what comes after , but your energy (or the energy of the one) will still remain!
immortal ?
edit on 27-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join