It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No i don't believe it for a second. Even if timescales are wrong, complex life takes far longer to evolve than 6'000 years.

Another consideration, Voyager left in 1977 and is literally only just out of the Solar System - one of millions in our one galaxy alone. So, in 40 years, we have just shut our front door behind us and haven't even entered the street yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
a reply to: OOOOOO

Theres the possibility that it's younger. We could be like, moments old, and everything could be taking place all at the same time.

hmm, Something to think about.

At least some yous get it, I thought, the people on ATS were so smart.
At least you, don't have your head stuck in the sand. Maybe it's the fluoride.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Its a marker in time that brings us to that age. The universe is older the present age of man is not so old. The Eden in the bible happens after the great flood.

Most old cultures know. This is the fourth age of man.

I think so say 5th or 6th, You say flood, do you mean the last time, Nemesis cam thru.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

There is no scientific merit that the universe is a simulation or hologram. That would be just another creation myth.

This idea is only popular again since known fraudster and pyramid scheme operator Elon Musk said it was, presumably after one of his pot smoking sessions.

"
The Holographic Theory
en.wikipedia.org...

The physical universe is widely seen to be composed of "matter" and "energy". In his 2003 article published in Scientific American magazine, Jacob Bekenstein summarized a current trend started by John Archibald Wheeler, which suggests scientists may "regard the physical world as made of information, with energy and matter as incidentals." Bekenstein asks "Could we, as William Blake memorably penned, 'see a world in a grain of sand,' or is that idea no more than 'poetic license,'"[12] referring to the holographic principle.

Think of it like The Matrix. I recommend going to YouTube and searching for "holographic theory" and watch a few video's"

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

light from the farthest stars has taken longer than 6000 years to reach our telescopes here on earth !

But, the game only came out in 2014.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If you believe in God, then anything is possible.

So yes, the entire universe could have been created 6,000 years ago. If a scientist tested a rock for age one day after it was created by God, do you believe it would test as one day old, or 2 billion years old?

That would be up to Creator, as Creator would have created the puzzle and all the pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It sounds far-fetched, but if true, it would actually solve some pretty hefty questions in physics, and recent research has dished up some tantalizing evidence that suggests the hologram principle works just as well as the standard Big Bang model in explaining the early Universe.

First proposed in the 1990s, the hologram principle is an attempt to unify the two major arms of thought in modern
One study earlier this year even claimed to have found what could be the first direct observational evidence that Universe once was a hologram, based on the cosmic microwave background - the 'afterglow' of the Big Bang.

physics - quantum mechanics and general relativity.www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Scientists Find First Observed Evidence That Our Universe May Be a Hologram
Physicists finds evidence from just after the Big Bang that supports the controversial holographic universe theory.

PAUL RATNER
02 February, 2017
bigthink.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ya know it's just like the guy who discovered Binary, it was in like 1943, around that date.

The strange thing is now they are saying, everything in the universe, is written in binary.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
Ya know it's just like the guy who discovered Binary, it was in like 1943, around that date.

The strange thing is now they are saying, everything in the universe, is written in binary.

You don't know what you are saying, this is what i think.

".fandom.com/wiki/Learn_to_read_binary
In the Universe, info is written in the hidden language of binary code. If you never heard about it, read this article. Now you will learn: Binary code is what info is written in 1/0, true/false, on/off, accept/deny and also nice/mean."

Is the Universe a Computer? New Evidence Emerges. - Nova Spivack
www.novaspivack.com/uncategorized/is-the-universe-a...
For example maybe the universe is a cellular automata machine, or perhaps a loop quantum gravity computer. Digital Physics – A New Kind of Science. The view that the universe is some kind of computer is called digital physics – it’s a relatively new niche field within physics that may be destined for major importance in the future. But these are still early days.
edit on 26-3-2019 by OOOOOO because: Erased something

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Scientists Find First Observed Evidence That Our Universe May Be a Hologram
Physicists finds evidence from just after the Big Bang that supports the controversial holographic universe theory.

PAUL RATNER
02 February, 2017
bigthink.com...

Although not an example with holographic properties, it could be thought of as rather like watching a 3D film in a cinema. We see the pictures as having height, width and crucially, depth -- when in fact it all originates from a flat 2D screen. The difference, in our 3D universe, is that we can touch objects and the 'projection' is 'real' from our perspective. In recent decades, advances in telescopes and sensing equipment have allowed scientists to detect a vast amount of data hidden in the 'white noise' or microwaves (partly responsible for the random black and white dots you see on an un-tuned TV) left over from the moment the universe was created. Using this information, the team were able to make complex comparisons between networks of features in the data and quantum field theory. They found that some of the simplest quantum field theories could explain nearly all cosmological observations of the early universe.

Professor Skenderis comments: "Holography is a huge leap forward in the way we think about the structure and creation of the universe. Einstein's theory of general relativity explains almost everything large scale in the universe very well, but starts to unravel when examining its origins and mechanisms at quantum level. Scientists have been working for decades to combine Einstein's theory of gravity and quantum theory. Some believe the concept of a holographic universe has the potential to reconcile the two. I hope our research takes us another step towards this."

still doesn't explain what is doing the projecting or what manner of surface is being projected upon. also doesnt invalidate the 4.5 billion year old earth.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
No i don't believe it for a second. Even if timescales are wrong, complex life takes far longer to evolve than 6'000 years.

Another consideration, Voyager left in 1977 and is literally only just out of the Solar System - one of millions in our one galaxy alone. So, in 40 years, we have just shut our front door behind us and haven't even entered the street yet.

I am not trying to be mean, but it just seems you are all caught up in the illusion. You know, these scientist, that are trying and figure this all out, said when they got down into the quantum level, there wasn't anything there. Now that would piss me off, wasting all my time like that, like I have time to waste.

Oh and you are mistaken, the Voyager is still with-in the solar system, it is in the heliosphere .

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sorry but it's either 6000 or 14.5 billion, what's 10 billion give or take.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
They are also trying to say, we are bumping up against some other universes, I don't think so. You have to leave room for a place, to put all the Nothing.

I think it's more like Bang, bang, Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, or bang, crunch, bang, crunch, bang, crunch, bang, crunch, and so on, then you have plenty of room for nothing.

But then it could be Bang,------------------------------------Rip, Tear, quark, quark, quark, quark quark, -----------------quark-------------------quark, Bang---------------------------------Bang-------------------------------------------Bang and so on.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

10 billion is twice the current age of planet earth, give or take

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How do you come up with 4.5 billion when everyone else says 14.5 Billion or 13.5 Billion

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How do you come up with 4.5 billion when everyone else says 14.5 Billion or 13.5 Billion

The universe is 14 billion years old

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I'm a protestant Christian. I read the Bible. I believe in God.

Even I know the universe is more than 6000 year old. Literal translation of the Bible is a phenomenon that is no more than 200 years old. Prior to that, people had the common sense to understand that the Old Testament was based on oral tradition & allegories. Many people still do.

It was Bishop Ussher that came up with the 6k thing in the 1600s by counting begats. That's longer ago than 200 years...even if you count by begats.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
well the sumerian king list is longer than 6000 years

but what did they know

sumerian king list
edit on 27-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Another thread title question on ATS to which the simple answer is "No".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join