It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clarke

emphasis added

I like that. Clark put probably there, for obvious reasons.

Yep, never say never :-) lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

No it doesn't. You're implying that God exists within space time, which is categorically false.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Time is a human construct. Imo, for God everything is happening simultaneously, including all points in what we call time. Time is just our way of measuring seasons and solar/astrological cycles. These seasons/cycles can speed up or slow down at any instance. Imo, this is why so many older people look so young currently & why sometines time seems to be going fast or slow. Infinity is also a human constrict & is something we are unable to perceive. God is everything from A to Z including both good and evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: tkwasny

No it doesn't. You're implying that God exists within space time, which is categorically false.

Jaden

Through presence within finite conscious beings (us) is how and why infinite Mind can and does exist within space-time. The Door, available to all, is the bi-directional communion.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

It's not possible. All evidence and research points to an older earth and universe. The only way one could argue that is by saying that it was created 6000 years ago, but was created to appear much older and I don't really see a purpose in doing that to deceive us.

edit on 3 25 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If you believe in God, then anything is possible.

So yes, the entire universe could have been created 6,000 years ago. If a scientist tested a rock for age one day after it was created by God, do you believe it would test as one day old, or 2 billion years old?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

It's not possible. All evidence and research points to an older earth and universe. The only way one could argue that is by saying that it was created 6000 years ago, but was created to appear much older and I don't really see a purpose in doing that to deceive us.

Not at all. Was Adam created as a fetus, or a grown adult male? Why then wouldn't a rock be created as an appropriately aged piece of matter?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

What’s you thoughts on a global catastrophe that could have quickened the formation of rocks, with atypical pressure and friction?

Could rock layers be dated older, only because we date rocks based on a slow gradual formation.
When perhaps they were just formed more quickly due to an abnormal global event of pressure and friction.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No.

There are trees older than 6,000 years old.
We have fossil records, showing millions of years.

Then there are the Galaxies out side of ours, that took trillions of years for their light to reach us.

What is 6,000 years old is monotheistic religion.
In all practical sense, most religions are polytheistic and much older than the interpretations recovered recently.

There is no way any universe, would only be 6k yo unless said universe is or was being born in last few thousand years.

Just by ice age records alone, which goes back 2.4 billion years and happens almost every 50,000 years proves in itself alone, that any low ball estimate is disingenuous or misleading by intent.

It sounds of flatworlder mumbo jumbo.

The easiest way to disprove flat worlders is have them fly in a plane internationally. Problem solved.

Do I think it's possible for a universe to be 6k yo.
Sure, but it won't have any planets with fossil and ice core records, or a geology.

Baby universe ours is not.

Common sense, provides us that universal truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: richapau

The fewer declarative statements one makes, the less foolish one looks in retrospect.

Jaden

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

To add to that....

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clarke

Cheers - Dave

RNA (1) is required to make proteins (2), yet proteins are involved in the production of RNA. How could either one arise by chance, let alone both?
Researcher Hubert P. Yockey, who supports the teaching of evolution, goes further. He says: “It is impossible that the origin of life was ‘proteins first.’”5
5. Information Theory, Evolution, and the Origin of Life, by Hubert P. Yockey, 2005, p. 182.

Source: The Origin of Life​—Five Questions Worth Asking (QUESTION 1: How Did Life Begin?)

Oh no, he broke the agnostic code, maybe they should put him in the basement again and hit him with another dose of Dr. Pepper.

Btw, another way of saying that we cannot know something with certainty (as in the video) is to phrase that as 'it's impossible to know that with certainty'. You'd still be claiming the same thing and making the same declarative statement. Similar to declaring that: "The fewer declarative statements one makes, the less foolish one looks in retrospect."

Oh, is that so? 'Foolish' is very much a concept that is determined in the eye of the beholder. I for one think it's foolish to make declarative statements that imply one should make less declarative statements in order not to look foolish. Not sure if that's the right description for the statement I just quoted but it sure sounds like it. It also reminds me of the following technique (see the bolded sentence):

Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.

For example, fear is an emotion that can becloud judgment. ...

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. [whereislogic: or “foolish” on this occasion, no implications about this being done on purpose on this occasion, more of an effect of having it been done to you and picking up that opinion because it appeals to one's pride to think according to this variant of or derivative philosophy on the agnostic code] Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.
They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

Source: The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000
edit on 26-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So a star billions light years away from us light is just getting here now, what does that mean, that star existed all those billions of years ago. Thus the earth and the universe are much older than 6000 years, besides Gen 1:1 covers this with no time frame.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Theres the possibility that it's younger. We could be like, moments old, and everything could be taking place all at the same time.

hmm, Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Its a marker in time that brings us to that age. The universe is older the present age of man is not so old. The Eden in the bible happens after the great flood.

Most old cultures know. This is the fourth age of man.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Barcs

Not at all. Was Adam created as a fetus, or a grown adult male? Why then wouldn't a rock be created as an appropriately aged piece of matter?

Adam was also created with a belly button. But that's none of my business.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
How old are things that appear in a dream?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

There is no scientific merit that the universe is a simulation or hologram. That would be just another creation myth.

This idea is only popular again since known fraudster and pyramid scheme operator Elon Musk said it was, presumably after one of his pot smoking sessions.
edit on -050006am3kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I'm a protestant Christian. I read the Bible. I believe in God.

Even I know the universe is more than 6000 year old. Literal translation of the Bible is a phenomenon that is no more than 200 years old. Prior to that, people had the common sense to understand that the Old Testament was based on oral tradition & allegories. Many people still do.

I'm sorry, this thread is not really about the universe being 6000 years old, but about if a Creator made the Universe as a Hologram or Simulation, it could be, 1 day old all of your memories, history could just be bits and bites of information, stored on a 2 dimensional memory space, some where with the Creator.

There is a Master computer some where, that is so great, it doesn't even exist.
I sorry you just imageded all this, all is illusion, done with smoke and mirrors.

That could be possible. I prefer to think as God as the architect who can walk into and out of His buildings as He pleases, or as the computer programmer who can log into His software with any avatar as He pleases. Nothing prevents Him from creating the universe 2 seconds ago and all of creation is pre-constructed memories. It would seem like an awfully elaborate deception if it were the case, and I don't see why He would do it.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

If god was an alien that came from somewhere else. That has a different measurement of day/year.

It's possible.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

There is no scientific merit that the universe is a simulation or hologram. That would be just another creation myth.

This idea is only popular again since known fraudster and pyramid scheme operator Elon Musk said it was, presumably after one of his pot smoking sessions.

We were talking about the universe being a computer simulation in the 70's, so wrong, elon musk is just plagiarizing ideas. As far as probabilities, this finite and deterministic reality has a higher probability of being a simulation than a chaotic non-deterministic reality.

When it comes to time, imagine we are a system of information recorded on a VHS tape. Time is experienced differently by the characters played out on the tape (inside the reality construct) compared to the entity holding the tape (outside the reality construct).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

light from the farthest stars has taken longer than 6000 years to reach our telescopes here on earth !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join