It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Never Let Them Live It Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Normally I advocate for a quick conclusion and burying of the hatchet when there is a dispute but when it comes to "russian collusion" those who pushed it should never live it down. At least not until trump is long gone. It is the only way to prevent such a mass brainwashing again. There was never any evidence that trump colluded with russia. It never warranted an investigation of this magnitude.

Lets sum up the evidence.

There was the trump tower meeting, where the son of a candidate met with someone who promised dirt on the person his father was trying to defeat. 99% of people take that meeting. Nothing happened in it. That was known within two days of the original story breaking.

There was the "russian bank" pinging trump tower. The FBI had already examined this before the election and said it was likely innocuous spam or the like.

There was trump's joke (yes, libs, it was a joke) about russia finding hillary's emails. Her server had been offline for more than two years.

Then there was the famous dossier, whose entire purpose was to discredit trump through lies and political mud. A dossier, which was "dirt" on a political opponent, compiled by a foreigner and commissioned by a political campaign. (irony abounds)

There was the $100k spent by a russian troll farm AFTER the election.

And that's it. Sure you had innuendo from people like brennan, but since when do we trust former intel operatives turned news analysts to tell the truth? We don't trust them when they're former KGB, why would we do so for brennan or clapper? It's bannana republic level stuff.

Then there was the appointment of a special counsel which should have never happened:
Rod Rosenstein recommends Trump fire comey > Trump fires comey > Rosenstein appoints a special counsel because Trump fired comey.

This was an obvious setup based on nothing but a few flimsy coincidences combined with a devious plan hatched by hillary/DNC (they're basically the same entity at this point). If they couldn't be convinced of that over the last two years, they need to be properly shamed. They should not go on without addressing the absolute absurdity of the narrative they supported, fed to them by a complicit media.

Once they have each accepted the truth and apologized for helping further divide the country by supporting this bogus lie, then they can be accepted back into normal society. They needn't like trump. They needn't agree with conservatives on policy issues. But they absolutely must accept responsibility for the lack of critical thinking they displayed and vow to never allow themselves to be manipulated like that again. It's bad for everyone in this great country.

If they won't then they should have this hung around their neck. Branded onto their shirt like the scarlet letter it should be.
edit on 24-3-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS Screaming doesn't make it more relevant

• posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:29 AM
    link   
    now will they go after clinton and obama?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:00 AM
    link   
    a reply to: musicismagic

I think so.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:48 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Dfairlite
    Good luck getting an an apology or even an admission of Trump's innocence from them. They'll still demand more investigations because most were led to believe it was true by the media. Only a few actually did their own research beyond cnn telling them what to believe. Ask them specifics and they have none. But, but, but I know hes in cahoots with Russia! Ef him, he's a racist rapist liar with small hands and too much ice cream. I hate him because I've been told he'll start a nuclear war and his hair makes me want to stab him! Ahhhhh!!! Proof? I don't need proof because my feelings dictate my logic. Michael Jackson wasn't a pedophile! Show me some proof in court before you make accusations! Kavanaugh? Ef him, I don't need proof! All Trump supporters are racist homophobes! How dare you say anything bad about the religion of peace! I hate guns! Those Covington students should be shot because I don't like how he smiles! Diversity is our strength! Eff that white b#@ch for wearing cornrows!
    Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:22 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I think so.

I remember Obama at the news something just tearing apart Trump , why I don't know. Even then I never heard of trump, but now it is trumps turn to get even with obama. go trump, sink his fkn atst in quicksand

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:30 AM
    link   
    The report conclusions should be released today.
    I understand why the apologies were not made yesterday - it's possible that there are no indictments because collusion with Russia to help the campaign is not a crime. It's also possible that there are no indictments because a sitting President can not be indicted (less likely as others involved would have been indicted).

So, let's see the conclusions - hopefully today.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:42 AM
    link   
    Why wasn't Hillary investicated instead of Thrump , never understood that.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:51 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Starhooker

Then call them what they are: Conspiracy theorists. And it's a conspiracy with tons of official research and absolutely zilch for supporting evidence.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:02 AM
    link   
    a reply to: UKTruth

No more indictments pretty much sums it up. Conspiracy to defraud the US is the collusion charge they would go for. Hacking is a crime and collusion to do so would make them an accomplice. Hell, does anyone believe they're above trying to coerce a plea on logan act violations? Don't let them off the hook for the goals that THEY set up. They are not reasonable to you and until they see reason, there's no need to be reasonable with them. That's how they shift so quickly from one failed narrative to the next.

No more indictments also is highly unlikely to have anything to do with the president. They didn't interview him and therefore it's basically impossible to bring an obstruction charge. They should have people much lower than the president in any "collusion" related crime. At the very least there was carter page (you know, the guy they used to get the FISA warrant).

No more indictments means that the only possible thing in this report is innuendo. I expect it will be heavy with that. At best it will make trump out to be a buffoon unaware of russia trying to take over his campaign. At worst it will accuse him of trying to get russia's help but being too incompetent for that. The one thing that won't be in this report is the truth: Hillary lost because she sucked and Trump won because he had an identifiable, attractive agenda.

You can't open the door for them to use that innuendo to neuter the fact that they have ripped this country apart for two years based on nothing but their inability to accept the results of the election (all while screaming to change to rules of how the election process works, because they lost). Your magnanimity is not strength against these people, they have absolutely no morals or honor, it is weakness.

ETA:
    Mueller invented a crime against the russian troll farm. He would not be above doing so for other "collusion" related crimes.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:06 AM
    link   

The real collusion was between Clinton, Comey and Obama.. All of this has been a misdirection hoping they could find something they could stick on Trump to cover their own misdeeds.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:09 AM
    link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

The real collusion was between Clinton, Comey and Obama.. All of this has been a misdirection hoping they could find something they could stick on Trump to cover their own misdeeds.

I felt that all along.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:09 AM
    link   

Why weren't hillary and her cohorts investigated for the exact same crimes? Why was podesta let go when he was a partner of manafort doing all of the illegal crap manafort got locked up for????? Because the deep state is as real as the air we breath and they are all about control, which makes them dems.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:15 AM
    link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
    Why wasn't Hillary investicated instead of Thrump , never understood that.

I agree wholeheartedly! While investigating Trump, they HAD TO HAVE COME ACROSS HRC INVOLVMENT. Which seems to me, they ignored. I will be sorely disappointed if Barr doesn't go after the Dems on this. There is such a large footprint left there to investigate. Get it, LEFT there????? Ahh, oh well.

I want the media held liable as well for spreading poison....LIES....their leftist agenda. Right now, they look like the absolute TOOLS and FOOLS for the left that they are. A bunch of mimicking idiots. We don't need them. Might as well have a bunch of parrots sporting the repetitive information.

But when they claim "No more indictments" does that imply only against the Trump personnel/people? Or any Russian collusion by ANYONE? Or any collusion period to affect an election. Because clearly, there WAS collusion.
    edit on 24-3-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:21 AM
    link   

a reply to: UKTruth

No more indictments pretty much sums it up. Conspiracy to defraud the US is the collusion charge they would go for. Hacking is a crime and collusion to do so would make them an accomplice. Hell, does anyone believe they're above trying to coerce a plea on logan act violations? Don't let them off the hook for the goals that THEY set up. They are not reasonable to you and until they see reason, there's no need to be reasonable with them. That's how they shift so quickly from one failed narrative to the next.

No more indictments also is highly unlikely to have anything to do with the president. They didn't interview him and therefore it's basically impossible to bring an obstruction charge. They should have people much lower than the president in any "collusion" related crime. At the very least there was carter page (you know, the guy they used to get the FISA warrant).

No more indictments means that the only possible thing in this report is innuendo. I expect it will be heavy with that. At best it will make trump out to be a buffoon unaware of russia trying to take over his campaign. At worst it will accuse him of trying to get russia's help but being too incompetent for that. The one thing that won't be in this report is the truth: Hillary lost because she sucked and Trump won because he had an identifiable, attractive agenda.

You can't open the door for them to use that innuendo to neuter the fact that they have ripped this country apart for two years based on nothing but their inability to accept the results of the election (all while screaming to change to rules of how the election process works, because they lost). Your magnanimity is not strength against these people, they have absolutely no morals or honor, it is weakness.

ETA:
    Mueller invented a crime against the russian troll farm. He would not be above doing so for other "collusion" related crimes.

I understand and I am more or less with you on it.
    Just keep in mind it is not illegal, for example, for Trump to have called Putin and asked him if he had any dirt on Hillary. I very much doubt that happened, but just wanted to highlight something that could be damaging for Trump without it being illegal or indictable.

I am fully aware that the anti-Trump crowd have been harping on about crimes, treason, "agent of Putin", etc. ... it's been sickening to watch those idiots spout off. Clearly they have been 100% incorrect on that score.

But I want to see the conclusions from the report today to inform the position I take on how to interact with these people.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:23 AM
    link   

Why weren't hillary and her cohorts investigated for the exact same crimes? Why was podesta let go when he was a partner of manafort doing all of the illegal crap manafort got locked up for????? Because the deep state is as real as the air we breath and they are all about control, which makes them dems.

Give it time. I fully believe that the shoe is going to be on the other foot fairly soon. There is no way that the current, obvious, unequal application of the law can be let stand. There has to be a full investigation and indictments of political operatives on the left also.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:03 AM
    link   
    I recall a few months ago Sillyolme said something very presumptive regarding Russian collusion, and another member replied saying they'll put that post in their signature if it's proven that no collusion occurs. I'm really hoping to see that post in a signature soon, although I cannot recall what the comment was, I know it was hilarious.
    edit on 24/3/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
    link   
    I’d be okay if they admitted they were wrong and that the hysteria was overblown..

The thing is, while some people are cooling their jets, others are pivotal to “Mueller is compromised” or “it doesn’t matter he is still guilty.”

I do think though that corrupt characters that pushed this and manipulated the public need to be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:17 PM
    link   

Agreed, the politicians and pundits were dug in so deep, swore up and down they had seen evidence of "collusion", consistently called our President a "Russian KGB Kremlin agent spy" and insinuated that dozens of congressional Republicans, millions of Trump voters and every single pro-Trump pundit/writer was also a Tom Clancy KGB super shadow stealth spy

Super Secret Top Secret! Warning! Russia "collusion" intelligence within

*blank*

They do not deserve to live it down. They do not deserve a chance to restore their reputations. The only ones who get a pass in my book are the Dem voters who were duped by these crooks. Unlike the radical left, it is not right to attack voters - despite the trend that hag Clinton started

now will they go after clinton and obama?

We can only hope

The legitimacy of our entire justice system is hanging on it. Otherwise, the double standard and two sets of laws will be apparent. Why even keep the government/justice system after this debacle? We've seen what it can do. Time to oust the existing structure and turn it all over to the private sector - every single last function of government.

That is of course unless they manage to EARN back our hard-won trust and confidence. It is a monumental task, and they have a very long and grueling road ahead of them making it up to the American people. But it can be done. But only once the guilty conspirators behind this charade are brought to justice and made an example of

Anything short of that......well, just isn't good enough. In the mean time, we should start considering what laws can now be violated as a result of this startling precedent.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:34 PM
    link   
    a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I think that was me

I did save a lot of those post links (posts can't be deleted on ATS)

I decided against rubbing it any voter's face, as these folks were duped by their own party who played off their emotions and farmed them out for votes/money/outrage/etc. Plus I believe political trolling is against ATS rules

Of course sharing the posts themselves would not be, but I think the membership of ATS remembers who made these ridiculous claims, who double down on those claims (dozens of times, actually) and who is able to bury their head so deep in the sand as to actually be taken by surprise on this outcome

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:41 PM
    link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
    I recall a few months ago Sillyolme said something very presumptive regarding Russian collusion, and another member replied saying they'll put that post in their signature if it's proven that no collusion occurs. I'm really hoping to see that post in a signature soon, although I cannot recall what the comment was, I know it was hilarious.

Take your pick - there are literally hundreds of quotes that can be used to immortalise the stupidity on display over the past 2-3 years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join