It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O'Rourke: America May Not See 244th Year If Mueller Report Not Released

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Uhhhhh that dude is a freaking joke man.

If I can request one thing is that we stop talking about him. All the media attention be it positive or negative is just fueling the fire. He must go away on his stupid skateboard. I hope he breaks an arm like I when I was young. That’ll teach him!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He’s just another establishment political hack. The older I get the more advanced my inner Hack-radar gets.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We should never trust someone who is into Coprophagia.

All I'm saying.

And saying, and saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 24/3/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: mugger
Um, what democracy is he talking about? We're a Constitutional Republic. I've noticed most of the liberals have trying to push that agenda since trying to get rid of the Electoral College.

A constitutional repbulic that uses representive democracy.... the US is a democracy.... where the hell did this “not a democracy” bs on the right start?

About two hundred forty three years ago.

# 1024

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: mugger
Um, what democracy is he talking about? We're a Constitutional Republic. I've noticed most of the liberals have trying to push that agenda since trying to get rid of the Electoral College.

A constitutional repbulic that uses representive democracy.... the US is a democracy.... where the hell did this “not a democracy” bs on the right start?

Article 4 Section 4 of the US constitution.

Try reading it some time.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature can-not be convened) against domestic Violence.

So it guarantees each state should be ruled by democracy specifically representative democracy and not monarchies? Or are you trying to say "Republican Form of Government" means something it doesnt?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,...

Fail.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,...

Fail.

I quote article 4 section 4 and give the understood meaning and all you can say is fail?

Alright then what does Republican Form of Government mean? Because EVERY SINGLE STATE is a representative democracy and always has been.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Robert francis o'roark is a huge idiot.
His mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberrys.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Technically the United States is a Constitutional Republic. It is composed of 50 individual states, with their own representative government and rights, yet participate in a collaborative republic of states governed by a Constitution.

At least that is how it is supposed to work.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Technically the United States is a Constitutional Republic. It is composed of 50 individual states, with their own representative government and rights, yet participate in a collaborative republic of states governed by a Constitution.

How do the people elect every position but the president/vice president? Hell even that is done through representative democracy because we elect the electors from each state as apposed to directly electing the president.

The US is both a constitutional Republic and a democracy they are not exclusive.

Which is why I question this push that the us is not a democracy that people have been spreading for years now.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Fail.

I quote article 4 section 4 and give the understood meaning and all you can say is fail?

Alright then what does Republican Form of Government mean? Because EVERY SINGLE STATE is a representative democracy and always has been.

Where you fail is in understanding what a representative democracy is. I described it several pages back I think.

One thing it's not is a pure direct democracy which is what a national popular vote is, and the only reason you currently want it to be a pure direct democracy is because you have Donald Trump as president. Not so long ago, a pure direct democracy would also have rendered gay marriage illegal which I am pretty sure you are not at all for.

We have several levels where there is a direct democratic process at work, but the COTUS clearly outlines where those levels are. You directly elect your representative to the House, and you directly elect your Senator. There is some argument that the Senate should go back into the hands of the states like it used to be so that Senators are the direct representatives of the state governments and indirectly through those governements the people of their states who would again, directly elect them,

And as I said, in every single state on presidential election night, there is a direct election to decide which candidate that state will support in the presidential vote with it's apportioned electors. You directly vote in a democratic process to decide that. Your state and the other 49.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

How do the people elect every position but the president/vice president? Hell even that is done through representative democracy because we elect the electors from each state as apposed to directly electing the president.

The US is both a constitutional Republic and a democracy they are not exclusive.

Which is why I question this push that the us is not a democracy that people have been spreading for years now.

Because that is how the Constitution lays out the process (i.e. Constitutional Republic of individual states). We were never intended to be setup as a pure democracy, never. We were individual states, where the electorate directly elect their representatives for local and state government.

The Federal government consists of representatives from each of the states, and to even the playing field, the representatives are based upon population density, whereas senate is equally 2 senators per state (not population based). This provides a balanced representative republic of states at the higher federal level, all falling under the highest law, the United States Constitution. No state or federal organization (i.e. Congress) can legally pass any law that usurps that Constitution. The states, each individual state, decides how their electoral college electors vote in the federal election (i.e. the Presidential election). That also balances the field to ensure that smaller less populous states still have an equal voice in the process. After all, isn't it acceptable that every state has a voice, and no 1 or 2 states decide the president? Remember, STATES elect the president, not individuals.

For crimeny sakes, I wish they would teach civics in schools again. This is civics 101 stuff!!!

We are not, never have been. and never will be a democracy.....notmatter how many times you or others refer to it as such.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
nm, deleted. blah
edit on 25-3-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Too tired of politics

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wait have you been trying to say we are not a direct democracy when all you say is democracy?

Because you are correct in that, but we are still a democracy because we are a representative democracy. The fact that we are also constitutional republic doesn’t negate the representative democracy part. The US is both.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Wait have you been trying to say we are not a direct democracy when all you say is democracy?

Because you are correct in that, but we are still a democracy because we are a representative democracy. The fact that we are also constitutional republic doesn’t negate the representative democracy part. The US is both.

For the presidential election, we are NOT. And, we are still not a pure democracy even at the state level. The reason being that within the states, it is broken up into regions, known as "wards" so, we do not vote for all electors in the entire state. We vote locally only. A true democracy would be everyone voting for every office across the entire state.

Again....why is this not understood? Did you not get a civics class or ancient history class in school?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

<< 1  2   >>

join