It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting into 3D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ive been in the ad business for 15 years now, so I was beginning to fee l a bit tired. But then I discovered... or.. I finally got myself together and started investing time in learning 3D modelling and rendering and I love it! So many possibilities.

This one is my latest and I really feel like I raise my own bar quite a lot.
Modelled in Maya and Substance Painter. Was really only trying to learn to make rough ice, then things got out of hand

edit on 23/3/19 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Ive been in the ad business for 15 years now, so I was beginning to fee l a bit tired. But then I discovered... or.. I finally got myself together and started investing time in learning 3D modelling and rendering and I love it! So many possibilities.

This one is my latest and I really feel like I raise my own bar quite a lot.
Modelled in Maya and Substance Painter. Was really only trying to learn to make rough ice, then things got out of hand

Hang on, is this a trick. Black Hole art or something?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

hehe... sorry... couldn't upload the render from my phone so had to boot up the computer but had already written the post x) Have updated the original post.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

That's better, Great pic.

bally

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That is a really good ice render lol, I been doing 3D modeling and animations as a side hobby for the past couple years using blender.

Any other 3D renders you've done so far?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

Thanks mate

Yeah same here. But recently I really wanted to up my game a bit.

Did these two last week:

And this one was an idea an had from childhood memories and so on. But I'm taking a pause on it since I have to get a bit better and revisit it once I have more skill.

"Battle Cat and his Catatomic Adventures"

edit on 24/3/19 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/3/19 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Have you tried using Zbrush?

I do some computer based 3d design work, but what I really enjoy is working with paper- specifically foam-core board. I've made some interesting, beautiful, and functional pieces using only foam board, an x-acto and metal ruler, and sometimes hot-glue. I made a chair that looked like a skull using foam board that could hold at least 350 lbs and used no glue- just the structure of the material held it all together and provided the strength to allow someone to sit on it.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Nice... I had a short experience when I tried to stay in architecture school when I was younger. Didnt pan out. Was good fun though working with foam core and cardbord foam.

I have zbrush, but havent gotten too much into it. Mostly for messing around with edges etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Very nice love it..
I'm also making various digital art , but never tried Maya but substance painter I did but didn't managed to control it as I want it to be
in time it will be better .

Mostly when I've free time I'm busy with Zbrush , After effects, keyshot, premiere to make what I want.

Takes some time to learn all those disciplines

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

It sure does and you gotta stick to what you like or what turns you on
you should check out flipped normals on YT. They are very good at several of those...

Repition is the key I think. And of course time
man it takes time.

One of my latest... its hype season ;D

edit on 20/4/19 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Cool, Mostly I'm learning hard surface modeling. I made some cool stuff from what I'm proud of but when it comes to texturing I totally suck, but that's because my polygons are so high that it won't fit into substance painter.

I'm now focussing more on low poly models to use inside after effects because I love to do animation also.
In time I will learn but it's something that gets demanded from you if you want to make cool things..

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So ofcourse with the new trailer out and the hype train rolling, I had to jump on it as well.

Work in progress. Its damn hard seeing the complete shape in that split second darkly lit shot x)

top topics

join