It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1929 Frank Loyd Wright house at risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Okay I may be neive but if they can move whole castles from one side of the ocean why cant they move the 1929 historically registered house built by frank loyd right out of the way of weather related destruction by land errosion in california. Dont they have some way to save this place , looks like they are going to watch it be destroyed to me.

Does anyone know a philanthropist group or something that could arrange this so we can send the info to the dim wits to get help moving this house , I am a past CAD and architecture student and totally love these old homes and dont see why someone hasnt already stepped up to move the house or atleast shore it up with stilts or some thing.

Any arcitechture people out there got any ideas.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here's the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's website:

www.savewright.org...

A 1916 house in Michigan was just demolished this past November.

Any links to the 1929 house in danger?

Sometimes the owners just don't care.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It is sad to see buildings that are works of art destroyed. However, sometimes it happens.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Man oh man, am I ever familiar with this sad phenomenon....

Except, in our case - here in Tallahassee we have one Frank Lloyd Wright house, but it's fallen into disrepair - The lady’s husband passed away and she neglected to take care of it....

People have actually offered her their time and money to simply come and professionally restore it, but she turns them down b/c she refuses any outside help....

Check out the full story on it here

I've driven by it only once before, with hopes of getting a glimpse of it....but the whole place is overgrown.....You can tell that if that yard was maintained and the house repaired, it would shine in all its former glory....

You can sort of see it in the background of this picture....Looks like the old hag actually let someone on the property for five seconds to snap a photo....

I think a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright scholars call it "The Boat House"...As it resembles the hull of a boat....which is one reason why so many people are keen on offering her the help to restore it....

Sad stuff.......:shk:

[edit on 3/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

join