It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange Arrest Imminent? Get ready for document dump of a life time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I want my freakyleaks !

edit on 24-3-2019 by TheMasterOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'll give you that one, I was wrong on the speculation here (but I did clearly call it speculation at least!)

But it does help to remember this is an allegation by someone following the decades old government spook playbook

The use of sex and sex-related matters in intelligence work is as old as...well, its old

And the aircraft N996GA is well known as a USG aircraft that participates in extraordinary renditions undertaken by DOJ (I heard CIA renditions prefer watercraft for at least part of the journey)

Nonetheless, I was mistaken here. Assange was not snatched, the hype was for nothing. Hey... that sounds familiar

schuyler, and I do appreciate your reasoned responses
edit on 3/25/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
The use of sex and sex-related matters in intelligence work is as old as...well, its old

Maybe, like many celebrities, he could be a sexual predator and has allowed these conspiracies to build up because it helps his cause. After all he managed to avoid Swedish justice by hiding in the consulate. Most people familiar with rape think he's a coward and protests too much.

Anyway. The OPs source says the Ecuadorian consulate is surrounded by police, yet the police presence was withdrawn some time ago. I occasionally walk past the consulate and there's nothing there. It's a waste of money to police him. It's well known that Assange will be arrested if he leaves the consulate, as the warrant for his criminal offence of skipping bail in England is still valid.

He could walk to the pub and have a few beers before the police turned up to arrest him, but he's probably more afraid his Ecuadorian hosts would lock the door and change the locks if he sneaked out!
edit on 25/3/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Maybe, like many celebrities, he could be a sexual predator and has allowed these conspiracies to build up because it helps his cause.

True enough, we can't rule it out that is for sure

Anyway. The OPs source says the Ecuadorian consulate is surrounded by police, yet the police presence was withdrawn some time ago. I occasionally walk past the consulate and there's nothing there. It's a waste of money to police him. It's well known that Assange will be arrested if he leaves the consulate, as the warrant for his criminal offence of skipping bail in England is still valid.

He could walk to the pub and have a few beers before the police turned up to arrest him, but he's probably more afraid his Ecuadorian hosts would lock the door and change the locks if he sneaked out!

That information was from Wikileaks themselves, highlighting a number of plainclothes units with their not-so-discrete coiled wire ear pieces. I too cannot vouch for the veracity of their information

I agree though, not much of a point in having a permanent police presence as he has no means to flee the country. If I lived there, I would help him happily but only because I appreciate the work he does (regardless of the veracity of the allegations against him) in exposing the government and generally helping to keep the chain around government's neck

As far as Ecuador goes... bet they didn't expect a decade-long debacle when they granted him asylum

Embassy life is no life at all.... at least when you can't leave. Hell at least prison lets you socialize with others, but I highly doubt he is facing any real prison time. Once he's returned to the US, the same precedent that has always applied to journalists will apply to him (starting with Pentagon papers) and he should skate on any sort of espionage/communicating national defense information charges

As far as the others go, who knows. If there is evidence to prove he engaged in any sort of sex crimes then I'm sure he will have to answer for those. I just find it very convenient that somebody like Assange would be that stupid (although it wouldn't be the first time, granted)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Embassy life is no life at all.... at least when you can't leave.

Ah, but he can leave. He's in the consulate voluntarily.

Once he's returned to the US,

That's not certain, even if the US try to make that happen. The UK-US extradition process has frustrated the Americans by not working in their favour, and as the process will be widely reported and transparent we can all sit and be armchair judges.

Assange's greatest fear is being deported to his adopted Ecuador, as I cannot imagine his UK visa is valid anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Ah, but he can leave. He's in the consulate voluntarily.

You got me again, I am wrong.. he is there voluntarily. By can't leave I should have said "Can't leave without facing arrest" but you are right he can leave any time he wants just can't come back when he does

That's not certain, even if the US try to make that happen. The UK-US extradition process has frustrated the Americans by not working in their favour, and as the process will be widely reported and transparent we can all sit and be armchair judges.

Hey it is understandable, if he has outstanding charges in the UK and they are the ones physically in possession of him, can't blame them for doing what is best for their country. I don't fault them for that

Have to love the "court of public opinion" and the arm chair legal systems. I admit I am guilty of quarterbacking a few from my lazy boy also

Assange's greatest fear is being deported to his adopted Ecuador, as I cannot imagine his UK visa is valid anymore.

Ouch, I can see why that would be undesirable

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
April 5, 2019

Does anybody have a good idea what's going on? Is Julian Assange still alive? He used to speak via the Internet, on a balcony, and also give face-to-face interviews to select individuals. But over the past 2 years, there are periodic reports of what's "about to happen" to Assange...then everything goes silent.

From this afternoon for example:

LONDON (AP) — The Latest on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange (all times local):

Britain’s foreign secretary says Julian Assange is a “free man” and can leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London whenever he chooses.

On Thursday, tweets from WikiLeaks quoted what it said were high-level sources saying that Julian Assange could be kicked out of the building within “hours to days.”

Ecuador’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying it wouldn’t comment on what it called “rumors, theories or conjectures.”

British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said Assange “can leave that embassy whenever he wants to, so we want the situation resolved as quickly as possible.”

Assange hasn’t left the embassy since August 2012.
More at: www.apnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join