It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US District Court Strikes Down New York’s Ban on TASERs and Stun Guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What now? Will Cuomo plan on another "midnight emergency," to pass a controversial bill restricting their use, with no hearings, no testimony, no time for opponents? As a law abiding gun owner in NY, I applaud the Court's decision. I can't wait to legally purchase a device for my wife and daughter.

New York, being opposed to citizens having the ability to adequately defend themselves, either within our outside their homes, has had a longtime ban on the possession of electronic dart (TASER) and stun guns. Owning one is a misdemeanor and displaying or threatening to use one is a felony.

But not any more. In a decision announced today, US District Court Judge David N. Hurd has struck down the state’s ban under the Heller decision, ruling that the prohibition is a violation of the Second Amendment.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com... EI9HalTcwwZqUbCYfGrJsgWA2bsEoy9jrvuPiTEkvAKJdakiRS_Bq4nU

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hurray, great victory for freedom. They'll be sold at corner stores to thugs to use on people for fun and robbery.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A federal judge that actually understands, and follows the Constitution?

Who woulda thought.......

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hurray, great victory for freedom. They'll be sold at corner stores to thugs to use on people for fun and robbery.

That's your takeaway?.... SMH

You don't stop crime at the expense of law abiding citizen's constitutional rights.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Rule of thumb; a weapon gets used for attack more than defense as defense requires an attack to be possible.

That said, guns are one thing and tasers are another. Making them freely available will only arm more attackers than defenders as attackers are looking to attack, defenders are victim not always prepared to defend.

Regardless of this, the forefathers would've been upset over young men not being able to get tasers to taze each other and for crime.

Don't taze me bro! *zzzttttt*

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Here...I'll give you something else to whine about:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is no sane reason less lethal 'arms' should be banned.

Good for the USDC.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

They don't care about our Constitutional Rights, nor do they care about us defending ourselves, family, neighbors, or property. They only care about spinning the narrative and making excuses.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To reiterate my point,

If I go buy a taser with intent to attack, I'm using it today or really soon. If you buy one to defend or for someone else to defend, statistics would say that they'll probably never even use it. Sure, some would get used for the proper purpose, but these cases numerically would be dwarfed by the number of attacks made with them if they were legal.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No doubt dude. The hoodlems are gonna be running rampant through the streets tasing old ladies and babiez.

Happens all the time everywhere they are legal. All. The. Time.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
To reiterate my point,

If I go buy a taser with intent to attack, I'm using it today or really soon. If you buy one to defend or for someone else to defend, statistics would say that they'll probably never even use it. Sure, some would get used for the proper purpose, but these cases numerically would be dwarfed by the number of attacks made with them if they were legal.

That could be said of a knife, or a baseball bat, or a roll of duct tape.

Get a clue.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ten years ago I bought a tazer on eBay.

A quick peek shows you can still buy the exact same one for eight bucks- now available in colors!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Let me go ahead and amputate your pancreas.

There, now you never have to worry about dying from pancreatic cancer. Prevention is always best.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All we need now is a new federal law that bans infringements of any kind upon the second amendment.

Make it a gross misdemeanor or a class C felony in all 50 states.

Then when gun grabbing traitors in state legislatures, or congress cretins pass a new gun grabbing law they go straight to prison plus fined and removed from office.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That said, guns are one thing and tasers are another. Making them freely available

Didnt think that one out , did you ?
Tasers are ALREADY widely available.
Except for Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.

Now , your point was ?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Stupidest comment. Criminals don't care about the law.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Actually you are clueless and guns are used defensively more than you can imagine, we're talking over 2 million times a year.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Illinois court threw out/reversed a weapons ban enacted by a Chicago suburb today too.

Big win for the NRA: www.nraila.org...

link   
a reply to: a325nt

It being available must mean thugs use them on you daily.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

No, freedom loving Americans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join