It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Diaper Need Act...Our House representatives hard at work...on wasting our taxpayer money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Metallicus

So these children should punished for circumstances that are beyond their control?

That's a fair point, actually. Expand the foster care system, use the money to build orphanages, and remove children from unfit homes (in which, I would say the lack of ability to provide basic needs for your child certainly constitutes an "unfit" home.)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Metallicus

So these children should punished for circumstances that are beyond their control?

So they should be murdered for those same reasons ?
Did not think about that one , did you ?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Really?? Folks, think about this for a moment, what has the Government ever solved? They treat symptoms, because then you always have a job, the Government Never cures anything, there is no money in cures. Lots of $$ in treating the symproms, and a steady income continuing treatments.

this is like the active military paying federal income taxes, when I did the figures in 1982 it was like 500$ a year that runs in a huge circle for each person in the military on average. why do people getting paid from federal tax monies pay federal taxes?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As much as people like you hate our Constitution and Congress, I prefer Congress over a military style right wing dictatorship you all seem to prefer with your negative comments about Congress. We the people is all we have. What else are you suggesting? Armed revolution?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Government exists to keep our markets free and open. Government exists to make sure we have consumer protections and labor rights. Government exists to make sure corporate monopolies and cartels do not destroy the value of the dollar by concentrating it into too few hands. Without government, the dollar becomes worthless.

As much as you hate government, what alternative are you suggesting? Anarchy with gun toting thugs shaking down old grandma on her way home from the doctor?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How about they don't # us?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well if theyre gonna do this and the whole Period Equity thing they better be getting some free pallets of Extra Strong Charmin ready for my bunghole, and STAT!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The amount of money it would take to overhaul the foster system to the point where you're not essentially punishing these kids for circumstances beyond their control would be way more than just giving out some diapers.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Start executing unfit parents, then.

Unchecked breeding shouldn't be rewarded with free money- the entire welfare system is almost as broken as our currency.
Government isn't doing their job either. The fact that this is being voted on is ridiculous. The fact that it's on paper is ridiculous. Whoever wrote it needs to get a real job and stop wasting tax payer dollars.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah sod the kids who need em just shows many only care about kids once outside the womb.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash
Yeah sod the kids who need em just shows many only care about kids once outside the womb.

...what?
They don't need diapers inside the womb.

I mean, we went hundreds of thousands of years without them all together.
I'd say we turned out alright but the fact that I'm going to be taxed to pay for jessie down towns vaginal discharge tells me we didn't.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have to say it seems to me that many people are missing the point of this idea. Yes I'm sure they are doing it for votes, but it goes deeper than that. They're doing it to justify their jobs. Sooner or later the American people are going to figure out that we don't really need all of these different representatives on our payroll. They have to keep coming up with new laws, new ideas, and so on, to justify their jobs. I tried to contact my congressman a bunch of years ago. Before I got to him I had to talk to about a dozen people asking me questions about why I was calling. I can understand maybe one or two people to cull the nut jobs. I can even understand having a dozen people taking those calls due to high volume of calls. I don't, however, understand why it took me almost 3 weeks of waiting for yet another person to call me back so I could explain myself to them.
So I don't really see this as a getting your vote thing, but as a see you still need someone in this job thing. Oh and since you still need someone in this job it might as well be me, since I have experience.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: a325ntI had to use them because my son had very sensitive skin and the plastic in disposable diapers was no good for him. I could not use the plastic panties over the diaper. So I always had to carry lots of diapers and piddle pads whenever we took him anywhere. But since I was married, I got to stay home with him until he was out of diapers. I tell young people now, that I would not have children unless the family could make ends meet on one wage earner. We had already bought our first house before getting pregnant. Planning is necessary if you want to be a successful parent, even more so now than fourty years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join