It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalism and the Reactionary Power of White Identity Politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is a copycat thread of the discussion we should rather have in the mud-pit for more frank replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are two long reads for you to catch the drift:

The flipside to the criminalization of non-whites has been less articulated but arguably even more important: an us-vs-them dichotomy that defines whiteness as good develops from the contrast to the criminalized non-white ‘wrongdoers’. In other words, we have for so long and strongly lived in a society where we have been taught that the black man (truly extends broader to the generalized non-whites) is a criminal, we arguably see police brutality as an act of self-defense rather than a product of internalized racism.

The second effect of Neoliberalism is the amplified frustration of the working class by the reliance on the incarcerated free labor and more importantly, the move to global economies. As globalization increases, cheaper labor is found in countries where there are few regulations on production and the treatment of workers. This outsourcing of jobs decreases the available jobs in America and increases competition such that the worker is paid less and easily replaceable thereby creating a loss of job security. Combined with the influx of immigrants and poor media portrayal, the working class cannot help but feel frustrated, heightened by an impression that immigrant workers are taking the limited jobs available. This sets up the demonization of non-whites as ‘job-stealers,’ which has increased especially since the War on Drugs that fabricated the association of primarily black and brown people as criminal drug dealers (Kapoor 2011; Beirne and Messerschmidt 2011; Berlet and Vysotsky 2006). Together, these create an image of a labor force comprised of racial minorities that are stealing jobs away from the white working class and wasting the opportunity due to their perceived inherent criminal tendencies – an extremely popular misconception amongst white supremacist activists.

The Neoliberal Train for White Supremacism

A white backlash politics was reenergized and sustained over several election cycles, elevating the political careers of men like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and of course, Donald Trump. These right-wing politicians and their corporate allies have appealed to whiteness as they dismantle the welfare state and replace it with a neoliberal one in which the economic elite hordes the country’s wealth while everyone else has to work multiple jobs to survive. White Americans are told, implicitly and explicitly, that it’s their African American neighbors and immigrants of color who are making life difficult for them and that white businessmen and white politicians are the only ones to trust.

Capitalism and the Reactionary Power of White Identity Politics

To overstate things a notch and present you with a conspiracy theory, one could state this reactionary response to globalism and noeliberalism is a scripted event with the aim to create a blatantly fascist new world order.

Have a good day!
edit on 22-3-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Attacking people based on their skin color is racist.

Believe it or not, hating white people for being white is also racist

Why is it so openly allowed in our overly PC culture to be racist, but only when the target race is white?

Two birds in the air, buddy. Just for you.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Well now that you've dragged this BS into the pit, I think I'll let Gator handle it-

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Just another diversion story to get our minds away from any kitchen table issues that would make average people's lives better.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I hate that everything must be divided by race, sexual orientation and the like....
But if white identity politics really is a thing, shouldn't there be a Congressional White Caucus? Shouldn't there be a movement to make the NBA 'look more like America'?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nationalist - a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

So if you put the word white before that, why does the definition all of a sudden change?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well. The class-warfare we call neoliberalism doesn't care about skin colours. And Roman Gladiators didn't have to be fellow whitebreads in order to deliver the distractions tyrants craved in order not to be assassinated like Julius.
Bread and games works like a charme, obviously.

a reply to: dfnj2015

Your irony is very subtle.
I would post a picture of that on fckbook if I could eat it.
edit on 22-3-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Bread and games works like a charme, obviously.

You post a thread about white nationalism, then if we discuss it, we are sheep that are led by the people directing us?
I was showing how weak the argument is when someone says that white nationalism is a big problem.
Again, I wish that race was not an issue in this modern age that we live in today.

ETA: I am sorry if I misunderstood your point.
edit on b000000312019-03-22T09:04:04-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 22 Mar 2019 09:04:04 -0500900000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

There was no support for your nation from the nationalist crowd once the coup happened and you've decided to bail out banks.

White nationalism... plain egoism and the politics of fear (with regards to self-preservation) covered up with a flag. That's what I see.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind

The emotions of the people of the World are played like a fiddle.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

This thread has a premise and it comes with a conspiracy theory I would dare to call a conspiracy fact. It's way down in the OP though, maybe you missed it?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The writings you’ve presented are racist conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

There was no support for your nation from the nationalist crowd once the coup happened and you've decided to bail out banks.

White nationalism... plain egoism and the politics of fear (with regards to self-preservation) covered up with a flag. That's what I see.

It all depends on how you define "white nationalism"

If you mean people who want a white ethnostate, sure I agree they are absurd. There are very few of them though.

However, any ethnicity that is solely focused on that has the same porblems.

Now ask yourself, which groups have more political clout.

Neo nazis? ALmost universally rejected by everyone with power.

Black nationalists like Farrkhan? Respected or palled around by many politicians.

We have a media that covers for black raciosts yelling at white klds becuase they are so investied in identity politics and hat8ing the "oppressor" whites.

We have university courses about the evils of whiteness.

So yeah, all of that stuff is dumb, but its obvious to me white nationalists have far less power than the cultuarl marxists playing identity politics in the progressive movement.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

White implies a focus on race. Usually meaning keeping white people a majority. From my personal perspective, these people tend to believe that cultures shouldn't be mixed.

It doesn't necisarily mean white nationalists want violence or to be like hitler, but rather they have a race-centered view of nationalism.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So because I love my country and have white skin color makes me a racist. Good to know how you feel about it. I'll quietly bow out now so I don't waste any more time on a prejudice person like yourself. Thanks for being honest though.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

So what, fellow whitebread?

Why is it so openly allowed in our overly PC culture to be racist, but only when the target race is white?

Is it? And who on Ceres cares? Make up your own thread for that tangent in case we don't have a bunch already. None of that justifies white supremacy, nor does it explain a thing.

You are exhibit A in the ongoing operation mindfck, feels good to be a victim. We both are!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We have university courses about the evils of whiteness.

And you didn't visit any of them, otherwise you would see the prevailing paradigm of a white settler mentality which was mentioned in the counterpunch article. You don't read much, do you?

So yeah, all of that stuff is dumb, but its obvious to me white nationalists have far less power than the cultuarl marxists playing identity politics in the progressive movement.

And your Mr. Presents struggles with a deep state which means he holds no power whatsoever, I know.

So lame. So ignorant. It's pathetic.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

White implies a focus on race. Usually meaning keeping white people a majority. From my personal perspective, these people tend to believe that cultures shouldn't be mixed.

No, white implies that the nationalist in question has white skin, plain and simple. Just like there are black nationalists, asian nationalists, korean nationalists, etc. Are all those people racist as well because I put nationalist after their skin color or nationality?

edit on 22-3-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yes I did take some of those classes, and I debated left wing idenity politics all through my time in university.

Your arrogance and smugness in pushing racism is at least amusing though.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Did you protest the takeover of the financial market? No? Then you don't seem to love your country very much, all you care about is yourself.

And you have that in common with pretty much every nationalists I had the honor to mock. And that, my fellow whitebread without nutritional value, would be the thesis of this thread in a nutshell. Played like a fiddle you are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join