It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for New Zealand-Style Gun Ban in U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Funny that the names of both Beto and Bernie are not that far removed from Benito...

Berneto then?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So he was lying when he pretended he didn;t want a gun ban and was only for keeping guns out fo the hands of criminals and mentally ill people... I guess 'comprehensive background checks' is now a 'weapons ban'. As always the goal posts are moved inch by inch to the left's goal of seizing ALL guns by force. It's a must of they are to reach their ultimate goal of complete control and tyranny over the people.

edit on 22/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Lysergic

Hell at one point I supported your retarded ass.

Wont make that mistake twice.

LULZ!!! You drank the kool aid, boy!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
In my opinion civilians have absolutely NO need to own fully automatic, military style assault rifles with high capacity magazines. Handguns more than suffice for personal protection.

There are dozens of scenarios where a fully auto m4, m16, r4, r5 could be necessary. Hell, I can think of a few that could use RPGs, grenade launchers, mortars and mini gats. I can think of a few more that would require Barrett 89b's, m107a's or headhunters with 338 and 50 cal lapau rounds.

Sometimes, you have to fix a problem that can't be cleared by a 44 at 50 yards, sometimes that target, errr, deer is 1600 yards away lol. When I was going to buy a sailboat in Durban and sail to Perth, then Los Angeles, the first thing my CO offered me was a shoulder fired rocket launcher with laser painted guidance. He said my hand guns and autos were nice, but they wouldn't stop pirates. Sometimes, you just need the right tools for the job, none of which are liberal tools.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

In my opinion civilians have absolutely NO need to own fully automatic, military style assault rifles with high capacity magazines. Handguns more than suffice for personal protection.

As a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter, I agree. The only one's who might qualify for fully automatic military weapons are collectors with lots of cash, and they should have to get a special tax stamp and go through extra background checks.

Semi-auto rifles and handguns are fine as they have been for quite a while.

I'm glad we could see eye to eye on this.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

6 days it took NZ to act. 6 days.

My new favorite country. I want to live there.

enjoy the trip, and please, don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
So he was lying when he pretended he didn;t want a gun ban

Of course he was! He's a politician, after all. To a politician, the only bad lie is one that doesn't get them anywhere. If they need to lie to get what they want, to hell with the consequences. The worst thing that can happen is they'll get unelected after the damage is done. And even then, the chances of that happening are fairly slim if we're talking about someone who is popular because their base will reason that it was necessary and "a noble lie". Though they will generally prefer to default to just denying the lie ever took place or refusing to discuss it at all. (LOL)

Anyway, yeah. Of course he was lying. They're always lying. The way I look at it is when their lips are moving, they're lying unless/until proved otherwise. And even if they're telling the truth (for once) they're using the truth as an adjunct to their usual lies, deception and manipulating.

And I mean.....it's Bernie Sanders. What more needs to be said? If you like him, you know he's a damn liar.....but he's "the good guy" and you hope he gets away with it because the lie is necessary. If you don't like him, you know he's a goddamn liar and you will tell anyone who will listen (those who like him won't listen).

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Dude just needs to shuffle off to Florida to Boca Raton and play some shuffle board he was not even riled up when it was proven that the demotards in charge at dnc took all the money that berni supporters ters donated for his campaign and funneled it to Hillary's before they even had a primary and sorry but the law makers in kiwi lands are to quote red foreman dumbasses this attack was not done by a new Zealander it was done by a foreigner from Australia so why should kiwis or us citizens be punished for that guys actions?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Yea it's a ridiculous argument when you know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Optics and shaping opinions.
Look guys ppl here on ATS are saying it is time In the US now.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I personally think Bernie ,and Hillary need to just sit back and retire from public life

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
More relevant here:

This is a perfect illustration of the gun debate. We're not inclined to listen to people who don't know anything about the subject matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Since voters no longer hold their elected officials feet to the fire when violating the oath of office, maybe its high-time the oath to support and defend the constitution itself had teeth via law and sanctions when violated by candidates for federal office or already elected federal officials and those appointed that must take the oath.

The constitution has several processes spelled out on how to make changes, the threshold is high as it ought to be. If subject matter is individually objectionable but can't meet threshold for amendment then one must accept that. We cannot have voters put up with elected or appointed office holders that take the oath to uphold parts agreed with and denigrate parts that are not agreed with - chaos is result.

On this basis, Willingly calls for violation of 2nd Amendment today, demonstrates mindset that will likely violate other Amendments as deemed convenient later.

A politician such as Sanders who openly promulgates violation of the oath, office and constitution should be automatically disqualified and sanctioned.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Gun control is just a bandaid that makes you feel good, like you've accomplished something, but underneath the wound is still festering. Look at the UK, they banned guns, and then they had knife attacks, so they ban most knifes, you have to be over 18 to buy a steak knife at the store! Now they have truck attacks, acid attacks, etc.

You're merely banning the tool used, rather than addressing the hate, the emotion, and the mental illness that caused the suspect to want to injure others.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24272372]infolurker[/post
It almost seems he is wasting his breath. In New Zeland only a few people have turned them in. My guess is the majority will not.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

The constitution has several processes spelled out on how to make changes, the threshold is high as it ought to be. If subject matter is individually objectionable but can't meet threshold for amendment then one must accept that.

Too bad they don't teach this in schools anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Gun control is just a bandaid that makes you feel good, like you've accomplished something, but underneath the wound is still festering. Look at the UK, they banned guns, and then they had knife attacks, so they ban most knifes, you have to be over 18 to buy a steak knife at the store! Now they have truck attacks, acid attacks, etc.

You're merely banning the tool used, rather than addressing the hate, the emotion, and the mental illness that caused the suspect to want to injure others.

That's correct. There's actually idiots that believe, when a person decides to commit MURDER, and can't get his hands on a gun, he'll just change his mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I dont think you should have anything newer than a 2000 model vehicle, or a computer either, you dont NEED either one...

Nor do I think you need TV, or a facebook account......

Thats why we have the 2nd amendment, so that people cant dictate what other people have, based on what THEY think.....

comprende?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Guy is way too old.....

Those fantasy rape stories were just too weird...

The general dumb public will live him..

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the personal attacks and cyber bullying everyone. You all seemed to miss the first 3 words of my post - "In my opinion"...

You're adamant that I'm dictating guns should be banned. That's not what I said at all... I admit that I should have used the term "semi-automatic" instead of "automatic". Fair enough - I'm not a gun expert. I don't have a problem with most guns, it's the military style assault rifles that give someone the ability to kill dozens upon dozens of people in a matter of seconds, that I don't think everyone should have unlimited access to. I can't see why that's so hard for you to comprehend?

So many of you constantly harp on about how you need your assault weapons so you can overthrow a tyrannical government. Here's a little home truth.. Your government has been tyrannical for a very, very long time, and none of you are doing a single thing to remedy it. If you think one man with an assault rifle is going to win, then I'm sorry, but you have delusions of grandeur. If some of you actually do band together at some point and cause some resistance, then they will simply level you to dust from the air.

For those of you who said I should move to a country without guns, I already do - I'm Australian. Sure we have our problems, but gun crime isn't one of them. In fact it's a very peaceful and safe place to live. I'm sure there are many Americans who would love to be able to say the same!
edit on 24-3-2019 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join