It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for New Zealand-Style Gun Ban in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Take the guns away from all criminals first, then maybe we will start to discuss this,

How about the people pushing to take our weapons give up their guards weapons first?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

But It's not about FULLY automatic at all, its about semi automatic RIFLES (not assault weapons!) - maybe you should do some research on the subject rather than sounding off like a CNN reporter with zero knowledge of what you are preaching.

These fully automatic "assault weapons" you speak of are both expensive (5 digits and up) over 30 years old, and almost impossible to get your hands on unless you are law enforcement, military or an enthusiast with special licenses and an extremely fat wallet.

IMHO I do think there is too many loopholes in the current laws which allow nut jobs access to firearms but thats a whole other debate.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
In my opinion civilians have absolutely NO need to own fully automatic, military style assault rifles with high capacity magazines. Handguns more than suffice for personal protection.

Just...........please dont......thats not even in what they are proposing because its already banned........hell you cant even have them in the US without the proper permit, and literally NO legally owned fully auto weapons are used in mass shootings........

In fact....most shootings are carried out with hand guns......

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The public shouldn't have assault weapons. That's pretty much all there is to it. What the hell are they (gun mfrs.)thinking selling them to the public in the first place? You can't justify that nonsense. Not with any amount of asinine mental gymnastics.

The amendment is outdated and does NOT apply to the kind of weapons around today. The amendment these idiots continually try to beat everyone over the head with, was referring to muskets not bloody AR 15's. Someone needs to gently explain this to all these gun happy Muppets . Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti gun, I have a couple of semi-auto handguns, which I'm not too happy about but I do quite enjoy shooting them for practice, very theraputic. But I kind of feel even that is overkill and at best a necessary evil in today's world. I sure as hell don't need some massive crazy rapid firing machine gun like the one Ripley has in Aliens to feel safe or to outsmart some animal with a brain the size of a watch battery.

These things are not toys and we should be taking them away from the infantile and sometimes mentally unstable or retarded adults that rabidly defend the sale of them with their deranged interpretation of the 2nd amendment twitching and flailing like a dying haddock behind them.

Enough is enough. Enough was bloody enough 6 years ago. Where's the action? where the # is it eh?

6 days it took NZ to act. 6 days.

My new favorite country. I want to live there.

# the NRA and all they stand for. Antiquated Jackassery. We need to outlaw these stupid weapons now. You want one? Join the army.

I think it's time to re-open all the lunatic asylums. This 'care in the community' isn't working. The criminally insane all have jobs in Washington DC and at Fox news.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You get a handful of nutters a year, WORLDWIDE and yet we have millions of responsible gun owners here in the US and they want to crap on their rights. For a few nut jobs... its never made sense, will never work in the US. Everything the left says is more governmental control when they can't keep their own noses clean. Want to work on something? work on mental health care and treatment, real treatment not just 3-4 prescriptions that turn people into zombies when they are on the meds and semi-dangerous when they are off. But even those headline making criminals take years to develop into their final selves with many opportunities for somebody to intervene. We have to develop our senses to watch on pay attention to the people in our lives, even then the vast majority don't have the capacity to hurt beyond themselves, its only those handful that goes well crazy.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders calls for...gun ban.

Bye bye, Bernie!

**waving**

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

# the NRA and all they stand for. Antiquated Jackassery. We need to outlaw these stupid weapons now. You want one? Join the army.

Then pack your S# and GTFO!! NOW!!!!

Don't like it??? Then GET OUT!!!

ETA - BTW, NZ hasn't done S# ...in 6 days! All they've done is talk.
edit on 3/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
First off, I think we have to many gun laws on the books right now as it is.

That said, attempting to ban the AR is the pinnacle of doing something just to feel good and wont actually do a thing to the murder rate.

Long guns account for about 300-400 murders a year in the US (last I looked like 2015-16) not even enough to cause a blip on the statistical radar.

I am still against the idiocy, but I would have more respect for him if he went after the guns that actually are responsible for the bulk of the murders.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I call for a ban on Bernie Sanders.
If he wants a ban like NZ , he can move there
(from a once Bern supporter)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Does he want my 30 round clipazines too?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Please explain your definition of an assault rifle and why it should be banned?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: angus1745

Please explain your definition of an assault rifle and why it should be banned?

Ahhh....they won't define it, because either

A: like the above poster, they are ignorant of the subject, or

B: definining it would mean admitting that functionally there is no difference between an AR type weapon, and a vast majority of other rifles.
edit on 3222019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
on a side note, I just scored a sick deal on an AR15

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The public shouldn't have assault weapons. That's pretty much all there is to it. What the hell are they (gun mfrs.)thinking selling them to the public in the first place? You can't justify that nonsense. Not with any amount of asinine mental gymnastics.

The amendment is outdated and does NOT apply to the kind of weapons around today. The amendment these idiots continually try to beat everyone over the head with, was referring to muskets not bloody AR 15's. Someone needs to gently explain this to all these gun happy Muppets . Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti gun, I have a couple of semi-auto handguns, which I'm not too happy about but I do quite enjoy shooting them for practice, very theraputic. But I kind of feel even that is overkill and at best a necessary evil in today's world. I sure as hell don't need some massive crazy rapid firing machine gun like the one Ripley has in Aliens to feel safe or to outsmart some animal with a brain the size of a watch battery.

These things are not toys and we should be taking them away from the infantile and sometimes mentally unstable or retarded adults that rabidly defend the sale of them with their deranged interpretation of the 2nd amendment twitching and flailing like a dying haddock behind them.

Enough is enough. Enough was bloody enough 6 years ago. Where's the action? where the # is it eh?

6 days it took NZ to act. 6 days.

I think it's time to re-open all the lunatic asylums. This 'care in the community' isn't working. The criminally insane all have jobs in Washington DC and at Fox news.

You seem intelligent enough to have a meaningful discussion, so here goes.

What is your specific definition of an "assault weapon". That is the very first criteria that has to be established, then we can move on.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745 Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of semi-auto handguns, which I'm not too happy about

If you're concerned that you might snap and start shooting people, you should probably get rid of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
on a side note, I just scored a sick deal on an AR15

Just picked up an anderson lower last weekend at a gun show, i should be able to put together a nice plinker for under 500.
I had to do a background check, wheres the "gun show loophole" i hear so much about?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders Calls for New Zealand-Style Gun Ban in U.S.

Neo calls for the rest of the '56' states to follow Missouri's lead.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
In my opinion civilians have absolutely NO need to own fully automatic, military style assault rifles with high capacity magazines.

It's not like I can walk into my local gun store and get one of those.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I have a deal for you.

Document yourself renouncing your United States citizenship and I'll use my United Miles and get you a first class ONE WAY ticket to New Zealand, cool?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

In my opinion civilians have absolutely NO need to own fully automatic, military style assault rifles with high capacity magazines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join