It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Signs Executive Order to Defend Free Speech on Campus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Tartuffe

You're not sure if courts are where violations of the Constitution and other laws are determined?

Well yes, courts are where violations of the constitution and other laws are determined. But so long as the bureaucrat "take appropriate steps, in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the First Amendment", no court is necessary, correct?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Is it valid? yes its true conservatives have been run off campuses and indeed halted from speaking because it might cause people to be uncomfortable.

Examples?

Are you really suggesting to me that you arent privy in the news over the last few years of speakers being run off campuses?

His memory is disappearing faster than a promise at Democrat rally.

Now now.......

Phage might be cantankerous sometimes, irritable, and even goading and provocative........

But hes a smart guy, we dont often align politically but he does well to poke people into thinking.....hes just the ATS version of "get off my lawn" that everyone tends to be aggravated by rather than actually try and hold a dialog.........

Yeah, I know. I just like to provoke him sometimes. It's fun.

edit on 22-3-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

It's stupid. As usual. And will be challenged, as usual.

But all a school has to do is say "We support free speech."

not really, they would have to show they arent, by you know not censoring the opposition veiw points before/during/or after the event takes place. But you already knew that.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What does this mean for schools like Liberty? While they don't receive federal funding directly, they do receive a hefty chunk of federal dollars in the form of student financial aid.

It seems like their strict rules that require students to adhere to a devout Christian lifestyle could be viewed as a violation of the 1st Amendment.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of a solution looking for a problem. Only a stable genius could solve this.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm quite aware of what a certain ATS faction has to say about some situations. But I'm talking about facts. Not always the same thing.
freespeechproject.georgetown.domains...

Its anecdotal as well, but I have a friend that recently graduated from Georgetown, and worked on The Free Speech project. He said it was pretty biased towards liberals.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Is it valid? yes its true conservatives have been run off campuses and indeed halted from speaking because it might cause people to be uncomfortable.

Examples?

Are you really suggesting to me that you arent privy in the news over the last few years of speakers being run off campuses?

His memory is disappearing faster than a promise at Democrat rally.

Now now.......

Phage might be cantankerous sometimes, irritable, and even goading and provocative........

But hes a smart guy, we dont often align politically but he does well to poke people into thinking.....hes just the ATS version of "get off my lawn" that everyone tends to be aggravated by rather than actually try and hold a dialog.........

I've tried, and he just posted music videos as a response instead.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It seems to be the fashion
To say you're right and they are wrong
It seems to be the fashion
To say you're right and they are wrong
But you gotta see both sides
You'll find yourself in jail 'fore long

Mouth harp vs flute.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
according by what I've read online, it seems that liberty university does get some federal funding for research and developement. so, maybe planned parenthood will take advantage of this new policy and demand to go speak on their campus!!! let's see how that goes over.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join