It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The claim of return fire by citizen during Christchurch massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've heard a few people claiming on ATS that a citizen saved lives during the Christchurch incident by returning fire on the shooter, as if it were established fact

I don't know where these people got these claims from, maybe breitbart or some other right-wing fake news website? Either way, it's not really important, because it's obviously complete nonsense.

Though, it is true there was a hero at the second mosque the shooter targeted, who probably saved many lives with his quick thinking and brave actions... It just wasn't by returning fire.

His name is Abdul Aziz and he's an Afghan refugee, this is he's account of what happened.

Abdul Aziz did not hide when the shooter advanced toward the Linwood mosque during Friday prayers, killing those in his path. Instead, he picked up the first thing he could find — a credit card machine — and ran outside screaming "Come here!" Mr Aziz, 48, has been praised for saving many people inside by leading the gunman on a cat-and-mouse chase before scaring him into speeding away in his car. But Mr Aziz, whose four sons and dozens of others remained in the mosque while he faced off with the gunman, said he thinks it is what anyone would have done.

Mr Aziz said as he ran outside screaming, he was hoping to distract the attacker. He said the gunman ran back to his car to get another gun, and Mr Aziz hurled the credit card machine at him. The gunman returned and fired. Mr Aziz said he ran, weaving through cars parked in the driveway, which prevented the gunman from getting a clean shot. Then Mr Aziz spotted a gun that had been discarded by the attacker and picked it up, pointed it and squeezed the trigger. It was empty.

He said the gunman ran back to the car for a second time, likely to grab yet another weapon. "He gets into his car and I just got the gun and threw it on his window like an arrow and blasted his window," he said. The windshield shattered, Mr Aziz said. "That's why he got scared." He said the gunman was cursing at him and yelled that he was going to kill them all.

But he drove away and Mr Aziz said he chased the car down the street to a red light, before it made a U-turn and sped away.

Source

Apparently moments later the police were able to force the shooter off the road and it was all over.

Anyway, hopefully this disinformation fake news claim of a citizen returning fire has been put to rest and I won't be hearing it claimed here anymore, as if it were fact... It's incredibly irritating.

edit on 21-3-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If only he had some bullets.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Belief is the new fact.

Unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah I suppose.

I'm just clearing up the facts of what actually occurred though... Nothing more.

link   
I only wish one of those poor souls had been carrying a firearm.

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I’m on social media and MSM daily, never heard of this story?

Did breitbart actully report that or did you just make it all up?

Either way genuinely never heard that

And why would it matter at all?

Do you just hate breitbart because it’s anti communist?

Confused
edit on 21-3-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I've heard a few people here on ATS claim it as if it were fact... I have no idea where they got from.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Don't tell Trump he will #fakenews the # out of it

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Don't tell Trump he will #fakenews the faecal matter out of it
edit on 21-3-2019 by OwenTrousers because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2019 by OwenTrousers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I’m on social media and MSM daily, never heard of this story?

Either way genuinely never heard that

And why would it matter at all?

Do you just hate breitbart because it’s anti communist?

Confused

Of course he didn't read it at Breitbart because Breitbart never reported such thing but he had to include the name. The moment he says fake news Breitbart is already lost any authenticity in opinions and convictions. Just another leftist drone who repeats the choir on what is being dictated from the party.

edit on 21-3-2019 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm just clearing up the facts of what actually occurred though... Nothing more.

Funny, because right in your OP (and on other threads tonight) you have contradicted yourself, using this OP as another opportunity to target something that is "right-wing"

I don't know where these people got these claims from, maybe breitbart or some other right-wing fake news website

On another thread you were claiming the shooter was right-wing as well. It's ok... we know where you stand

edit on 21-3-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I've seen the video that the nut job streamed, and i have a question for you. I take it you live in new zealand?

Also, not sure if youve seen it or not, but he parks his car kind of around the side of the building in an alley. Then after grabbing his guns out of the trunk he walks down the sidewalk towards the mosque entrance.
There are cars driving along the road, and as he approaches the driveway leading to the front door there are people standing around thd cars parked along the road, like they were getting out to go inside.

Here we have this guy, holding a gun, guns hanging off him, dressed in military gear, a camera on his head,
And no one even seems to notice him? Its like they look right at him and just see nothing out of the ordinary.

Even the guys standing in the door of the mosque show no reaction whatsoever till he starts shooting.

Is that just how laid back new zealanders are? Its kinda weird, here in the states a guy geared up like that walking around would have people going berserk on sight.

join