It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If brexit fails.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: osoespacialpoco

Unfortunately power yields no nothing without a gun to its head.

It yields only because it has a gun to its head.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The French have taught us how we can protest just by the way we dress. We can do this too, we just need to work out what is to be worn and how.

Politicians are just like anyone else, they will obey whoever puts the most pressure on them.

We can all get some friends together and go visit our local politician in their electorate office and tell them straight out that we require them to implement our will that Britain leaves the EU forthwith or else he will be sacked at the end of their current term in parliament.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Brexit has already failed - no one concerned has acted in good faith , hat ever happenes is a farce

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They have to make Brexit as hard as possible because the next time this happened, say, France (they won't) decide one day that they dont want to be part of the EU, then the EU can turn round and say, well look how well that worked out for the UK. For the EU they have to make this as difficult for the UK as possible to act as a deterrent for other eurosceptics within the EU. 

Is this wrong, well from the UK perspective it sucks but from the other side this is probably seen as self-preservation. 

🤢 oh my god... 🤮

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Brexit has already failed - no one concerned has acted in good faith , hat ever happenes is a farce

Oh #, I thin- Yep I feel anothe-🤢rgh! one comin-🤮

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco
The fact that the EU have used economic and political black mail on the UK

The EU has, until now, acted benevolently and graciously. They stood united and spoke with one voice. They upheld their part of the deal and are clearly going out of their way to facilitate the UK in sorting out its mess. Hardly the acts of an entity that is trying to "blackmail" the UK.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

When the time comes, help will be provided and you'll know what to do.

That doesnt mean you shouldn't start thinking and preparing and organizing and whatnot, quite the contrary. All I'm trying to say is: Do not fret.

That and:
Let me see you through
'cause I've seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now

Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you

When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'cause even if you're wrong

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Many euro countries seems to have prospered from what England has given.

Once you stop giving handouts out people get pissed

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEuropeWhat I mean is the control and power they have on other...Back then it was called the Leage of Nations....It always seems to fall apart because they get to powerful..Then a lunatic dictator could get into power...and the cycle of another World War repeats itself....

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What do you mean IF Brexit fails? It's a big fat phuking failure if ever I saw one!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

How hard could it be. The UK kept the pound as their currency unlike the other counties that adopted the Euro. So that economic entanglement and morass was avoided. Should be a pretty clean operation.

Maybe what is really needed is a Brexit from Parliament control over the country and become a republic instead. Only I don’t think the peerage within the House of Lords is the problem so much as the House of Commons infighting and exerting assumed power and assumed peerage.

Maybe Elizabeth needs to drop a hint by publicly stating this whole mess is to be sorted by the first of May and appoint a new official executioner to make the point perfectly clear.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro Sounds to me like both sides are failures,why does the craziness always come from Germany?

edit on 22-3-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco
The fact that the EU have used economic and political black mail on the UK and have to compel country's means they are not the benign union liberals think they are......

If the EU was so great, surely they would not have punish country's that leave? In fact if it was no wonderful surely the UK would not want to leave and anti EU sentiment not growing in other country's?

The fact is If the UK is forced to stay the UK in my opinion will be under foreign occupation!

Remainers are in my opinion traitors and if the UK is still in the EU after the brexit deadline then they are collaborators!

What to do if the UK is forced to remain? We need to resist but how?
How to be force out foreign rule in the modern age without violence?

It is a very curious thing... to rebel against one's government, to revolt, and to wish for it to be non violent. Curious, Courageous? Valiant. In the past such topics wouldn't be discussed. When colonists did the original Brexit, it was Violent. When revolutions across the world happened, they were all violent. It's a lovely affair to believe that citizens can go to the streets, put up signs, protest, and the government will listen.

Yes sometimes, sometimes for minor change, of course. Large Scale Change? The idea that a government would go against the will of the people and choose to stay in a European Wide Union, and a protest would change that? How much people would encompass this protest? would 1 thousand people suffice? 1 million even? No... It would have to be a large amount... 10 million perhaps, across your entire country, demanding brexit...

Would that be without violence? 10 million angry British men and women, demanding the government fulfill the promise... IF something like that turned out non violent, it would certainly be a beautiful thing to behold.

No... for your sake, the sake of your country, of Europe and the world, I hope it doesn't come to "protests" I hope the government performs Brexit as promised... The Economic Uncertainty everyone is concerned about is far better then what might happen if they simply try to ignore the peoples will.
edit on 3/22/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: fix typos

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

You are right about protests being ineffective, but you’re wrong about the government being frightened by the will of the people. Especially when the vote was so close, there won’t be no revolution or anything close to one. You might see some riots brake out here and there, but we have the universal riot police to deal with that.

The government isn’t interested in the will of the people and the people in their servitude are powerless to do anything about that. All these promises both major parties make in elections campaigns only to never deliver time and time again should be proof enough of that.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok. I was asking this all day yesterday on Social Media.

What do you think will change in your everyday life if we have a No-Deal Brexit?

Not a lot in my opinion. We've had austerity measures since we bailed out the banks in 2008 and to the general populous NOTHING will change.

I'll start:-
+ Hopefully we'll get Duty Free back.
- I'll need a new Passport.
edit on 22/3/2019 by UKWO1Phot because: to add.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

+ Blue Passports. LoL

- Continued austerity and most lightly recession, a probable amendment to our Human rights.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am not sure about the whole UK issue. But I will say this about traveling to just three countries over there, seven if you include my husbands travels. The idea of carrying around money for each country in my wallet was confusing and expensive. Changing money around is difficult and expensive. Such a complete waste of time. Also there are not many, if any public toilets, such as at gas stations in Ireland and England where you would expect them. Some times you have to "gasp" pay to use the toilet. I went down a path in Ireland and there were three hundred + spots of feces and toilet paper. So public infrastructure, for such ancient "civilized" countries, is lacking. In England I never saw public libraries or public play grounds for the children. What a shame for the people. In France a person had to pay exorbitantly to get on the highway. No one was on the highway it was totally empty. Too many people smashed together in all these countries. Birth control needs to be utilized. In England people's front doors literally open out onto a busy 55mph road. The cows in England are right up against the highway roads. The roads in England have no side birms. An area to pull over in. The countryside in England was often crowded traffic. That was shocking. I think all these countries should pull together their talents and work on social problems and infrastructure. Get along. There are too many of you over there smashed together to not work it out. It is your future. We are one planet.
edit on 22-3-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I hope violence to be avoided and any resistance confined to mass civil disobedience, disruption and harassment of UK and EU polictians.

A big riot in Brussels itself would be good.

However if either the UK or EU goverments kill one of us I think the gloves should come off but only against government targets.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
+ Hopefully will cause a slight decrease in bureaucracy, avoid Lisbon Treaty rules.
- Crippling of STEM research, brain drain overseas, major NHS staff shortages as people relocate overseas, bleak outlook for negotiating trade deals once out as the government and parliament have made the biggest succession of cluster#s in UK political history

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If we do indeed manage to get her in there i recommended filling the thing up with concrete.

Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join