It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in Serial Killings Is Charged With 10 Murder Counts (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A man known as the B.T.K. Killer has finally been charged with 10 counts of First Degree Murder. The murders happened between 1974-1991. Judge Gregory Waller has the honor of being the judge in the case of Dennis Rader, the man known as the B.T.K. Killer.

www.nytimes.com
WICHITA, Kan., March 1 - The man the police have accused of being the "B.T.K." killer - one of the country's most notorious serial killers - made his first appearance in court today via videoconference from his jail cell and was charged with 10 counts of first degree murder.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A man who stopped killing over a decade ago is going to finally come to court. It may have taken years, but better late then never. Hopefully they will give this man the death penalty, for Dennis Rader deserves it IMO. I want to know why it took so long though, over a decade, to find and charge this man.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don,t know if this is true or not, but I heard he confessed.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
But as to getting the death penaly It won't happen. Kansas doesn't have the death penalty from what I recall.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
often in cases like this they allow them some clemancy if they admit to all the crimes they did. This has been the case with many serial killers before him in order for familys of lost loved ones to find closer.

In short, he is going to rot in prison

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hey I thought he confessed to six and they connected 2 by method of questioning without confession , ok thats eight where did the other 2 come from
man I hope they get him for all though , I would buy a pay per view cooking of this guy , bad enough he killed all those people but to have no remorse and taunt people 20 plus years later, and 10,000,000 bail is an insult , that means in most states he just has to get a bail bondsman 10 % to get a bondsman to bail him out ,,,,,,,real good thinking there huh , what happened to no bail as used in these situations in the past after all they got this guy in a red suit not an orange for a reason he is a high flight risk , either that is the truth or they are just marking targets better for snipers hoping to save money in the courts.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No Offence but I think the author should come back and edit the story to meet ATS guidlines.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He did confess, and won't be faced with the death penalty because Kansas at the time of the murders didn't have capitol punishment. Due to Ex Post Facto, he needs to be tried as the law stood when he committed his acts.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wow cool bit of info , I thought when you are caught , that you where prosecuted under the laws of the time of your crime , wow kinda really stinks now you think of it

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mystik, that is the case. If I killed 584,854 people in Chicago, and the day after that they instituted the death penalty, they couldn't try me for the death penalty because I'd already have killed all them folks before it was the law. If I killed 543,587 people before any murder laws were on the books, they couldn't create a law (murder, in this case) and charge me because I did it while it was still legal .
Thankfully the US system of law was based on the Ten Commandments, so murder was already covered

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
JJ, you are talking about, uh, there is a word, like pro-active or something for that. So say, there is a street, the speed limit is 55. Three years later they change it to 45. So, all those times you were going 55 you were going over the new speed limit. You can't be arressted, cause at the time the Speed Limit was 55.

top topics

join