It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
m.youtube.com...

The new souls like game made by Fromsoft comes out tonight at 11pm my time. Really looking forward to playing it, booked tomorrow off so
I can have a proper play tonight.

Going over to a buddies and going to start playing side by side as we both are big Souls game fans. Should be fun I wonder how far we will get before the beers halt our progress. I’ll post back with what I think on the game.

Any other fans of Fromsoft out there?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hate going through Gamestop, but it was the only way to get the little katana... Picking my game up at 2100 tonight. Cant wait! I usually try to work some extra time of for Fromsoft releases too, but didn't manage it this time.

I'm one of the people that really enjoy Souls style mulitplayer, so I'm going to miss that, but starting to get pretty excited for this.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yea souls pvp is really special, but I also really like how they tell the bulk of the story without words and use the game world to explain the story.

a reply to: Hazon

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Yea souls pvp is really special, but I also really like how they tell the bulk of the story without words and use the game world to explain the story.

a reply to: Hazon

the story behind the souls series was one of the things that drew me into them......that and how hard they can be (if you do not cheat with guides
). I will be picking up a copy of Sekiro SDT as well. I really hope the gameplay and story are on par with Souls and Bloodborne

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The reviewers are hailing it as the best in the series so far. Tons of 9-9.9 scores. I have stayed away from any spoilers outside of the release trailer so I’ll be going in blind.

According to the reviews it’s got top notch story,refined souls style play and the combat is fast and engaging. Many going as far saying best game Fromsoft has made yet.

The anticipation is killing me! Got a big ol aged steak marinated to fuel me up and the beers on ice. Going to be doing a side by side play through all nighter with a buddy that’s also a souls fan.

I feel like Erik Cartman I wanna freeze myself for 8 hours so I don’t have to wait. But considering it’s been two years of wait so far I guess 8 hours isn’t so bad.

a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You guys read The Paleblood Hunt

One Hoonter's journey through the Dream or he's stuck in the Nightmare with a cage on his head

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Huge fan of the series myself I play all 3 of them quite often on my xbone. I’m definitely buying seikero and if anyone’s a xbone player feel free to hmu I’ll coop n pvp with ya over some beers n other shananagins

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It’s good, and it’s hard. Might be the beers but screw this guy on the horse. Hands down the hardest fastest fights in the souls series. Been playing for hours and hardly got any where. The challenge is real.

a reply to: Athetos

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dbl post

a reply to: Athetos

edit on 22-3-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
D-d-d-d-d-downloading

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Pretty awesome so far, I've died more than I'd like to admit haha.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yea it’s very challenging that’s for sure.

a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Went and got a copy for Best Buy today. I'm going to give it a try in about an hour. I have a PHD in the Souls games. Glad to try something new by Fromsoft.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think this may be the only Fromsoftware darksouls like game I may not play all the way through. Its harder then dark souls, or in a way at least. I would say you cant just cruise in this game like in Dark Souls, but I thought that the original Demons Souls was harder then the whole Dark Souls trilogy.

So far I cruised up, and till to that one cliff part were you got to jump off the cliffs and fight the guy with the cannon that shoots at you. I died twice or more on that part before I put it down and haven't touched it since, and once was trying to see if there were some sort of hidden parts to that level, generally they do put something or some hidden path on parts like that.

I would say, you have to concentrate a lot more in this game, then Dark Souls. The parrying system is pretty easy to pick up, but after a while playing you do get sloppy, and well when you get sloppy you die it seems.

And really the only enemy that gave me issues was the headless, and getting the confetti so you can actually do damage on him, is kind of a pain. I hate fetch quests, and that seems like a fetch quest. If I have to find more of those items just so I can do damage on him with your sword, then yes its a fetch quest alright.

One thing so far, is that even though there are more NPC characters in this game and side quests. The side quests they give or you have to do. Well they seem kind of pointless, and more lame then previous games. I still hope they somehow inserted Patches the hyena or his equivalent in there somewhere. But somehow I doubt it.

I will get back to this game at some point. But like I said, and unlike dark souls, you kind of need to focus a lot more to get anywhere, that or just ninja your way stealth kills from above and from enemy to enemy. And well, if your not in the mood for that, it can be a buzzkill if you just want to play a game without concentrating to much.

Also I still need to finish the Witcher 3, I will probably do that before I get back to this game, I think I was close to the last boss in that game before I called it quits. Dont even know if I have the save anymore for it.

top topics

join