It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: UKTruth

Please show us how a no deal brexit would be if benefit to the uk I am genuinely curious

For starters. how about zero tarrif trade deal with the USA plus keeping £30bn, whilst maintaining the vast majority of trade with the EU (as they will not shoot themselves in the foot).

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So inferior/unsafe products are what you seek?

May i suggest "Pound Land".

edit on 23-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

UKTruth i dont know what age you are, but i would love to know when we did not live under a perpetual state of uncertainty?

If that's not been the colour of our day since at least the time of the banks going pop, i don't know what is.

If i was going to call such a rose coloured enigma or state it would be around 1991-2000, and even then it was illusory.

The answers to your queries rely on absolutes and there are none to be had, because nobody has a clue what's going on or is ultimately going to happen.

I think whats best for our future is not giving Westminster and Tories free reign to tamper with such.

The EU is indeed part of the world, you see we exist within a network, designed to facilitate the transportation of goods and people, all over the globe within a matter of hours, a global network.

Brexit, in my eyes, is a step backwards, not forwards, hence the demographic responsible for such a senile vote i suppose.

..and in other people's eyes it is a step forward - the majority of people who voted in fact.

I guess we can dispense with the 'people change their minds so we have to have a 2nd vote, or we don't have democracy' argument as you've abandoned it. Smart to back off that one.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Please show us how a no deal brexit would be if benefit to the uk I am genuinely curious

I can think of two right away. First they dont have to pay the EU billions in fees. They also dont have to wait 21 months to start a trade deal. They can open up to markets like China immediately because I'm sure they could get an agreement together in a couple of months.

As a third I just thought of they regain control of their borders. With the current state of affairs globally being able to restrict who can enter can help prevent terrorism.

The EU is just like a spouse refusing to sign the divorce papers. They want to make the process as difficult as possible hoping they will change their mind. Seems to me if I was from the UK this blatant manipulation by the EU would just prove to me why we needed to leave.
edit on 3/23/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/23/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So inferrer/unsafe products are what you seek?

May i suggest "Pound Land".

That's just subjective and generalised nonsense.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Naw mate Pound Land is indeed dangerous, never buy lighters? LoL

Anyhoo.

And infected somewhat ta boot.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

If you imagine a true majority amounts to 51.9% of anything you are sadly mistaken. Especially in this day of age.

If such a spurious capricious statistic does not warrant a second definitive result, i don't know what does.

Given the debacle that has transpired thus far.

Lucky "They" had Brexit when they did else 50% of the people who voted for such would probably be dead within the decade.

Then again wait until it happens, the NHS goes pop, and that's a guarantee.

Sad get out of gaol card really.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The NHS will be better off.
Do you know how many foreigners use the NHS?
It's called Medical Tourism. I know because my missus is a nurse.
They even fly in pregnant, it's a #ing joke and we can't do anything about it.

The NHS is under so much strain because of the influx of foreigners. Have you ever tried getting medical care abroad?

The foreign nurses are no better either, they're here just to make up the numbers. They can't do the job properly and the English nurses work twice as hard to pick up their slack.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I ken plenty of nurses, form the UK and from other areas of the world and working in the UK because they are sadly required, also other medical health care professionals, and they are not screaming the praises of Brexit, that's a given.

The NHS is on its arse, and the Tory bastards scum want to put a stake through its heart.

Props to your Mrs all the same, all NHS staff do a Mans job and then some, every and any day of the year.

All NHS staff work twice as hard, not just the English nurses, if that was not the case, we really would be circling the drain, with millions as opposed to hundreds thousand dead or dying.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I am a nurse brexit is a massive burden on the nhs we already have medication shortages and massive staffing issues.

Brexit will make all of this worse.

I challenge you to find a single reputable source that indicates brexit will be of a benefit to the nhs. All professional bodies are warning of the consequences of brexit

You are quite simply talking out of your arse

The problems with the nhs are not foreigners.

Some of the very best people who work in the nhs are foreigners. With out immigration we would have no health care in this country.
edit on 23-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

For starters. how about zero tarrif trade deal with the USA plus keeping £30bn, whilst maintaining the vast majority of trade with the EU (as they will not shoot themselves in the foot).

Ahhh yes chlorine chickens

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Aye for us, not them, that's the kicker.

Or worse, GM modified bull carp, 10 years later, i need radiotherapy Bacon and the like.

How's that for facilitating big pharma palliative care industries???

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

All?
Fearmongering at it's finest.
Wasn't there a report the other day saying the stockpile of drugs was sufficient til 2021?
Where do you think they'll sell them to otherwise?

Once we are out of Europe we can make deals with anyone we want.
European companies will be begging us to buy their crap.

That's why they are called FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS.

Taxing imported goods will be another bonus.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

There have been shortages of meds, I have seen this first hand

Yes all relevant professional bodies have said brexit will be a significant challenge to the NHS. It’s not fear mongering it’s just the reality.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Looks like Theresa May will be FORCED OUT Monday.
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Looks like Theresa May will be FORCED OUT Monday.
twitter.com...

I personally hope not because I fail to see how that could possibly fix anything.

Her days are numbered though

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe she doesn't get along with the cabinet, and something was their "last straw" this past week?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I can think of two right away. First they dont have to pay the EU billions in fees.

Fun fact: while the UK is one of the biggest contributors in terms of cash, its actually one of the lowest contributors per capita. If this stress the UK economy... they must have one of the worst economies in the EU. Hm.

Also its not the EU "refusing to sign the divorce papers". You have the EU mistaken with the UK. It happens, I suppose?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Maybe she doesn't get along with the cabinet, and something was their "last straw" this past week?

She would need to agree to it though under the rules of the Conservative party she cannot be challenged for another 10 months.

I don’t see how her leaving would fix anything to be honest

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

VS. A Vauxall. Gimme the chicken.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join