It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

No they are saying the people who work/live abroad should have a chance to vote. Honest...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I didn't vote for any deal and nor did anyone I know. We voted to leave the EU. There wasn't much talk at the forefront of any Leave conversations about a deal before the vote. We didn't expect the EU to play nice.

What this post tells me is that people who voted to leave have a fundamental misunderstanding of international treaties and agreements. A 'hard Brexit' where you just stop being in the EU with no other agreements means you don't get to go to the EU, you don't get to trade with the EU. There are no rules and regulations governing moving in and out of the EU from or to Britain.

Voting to leave with this idea that you would just be your own country, or something, absolutely fails to explain how you intend on maintaining trade and movement of peoples. OK, we get it, you live on an island...that doesn't mean you have to exist on one.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

absolutely fails to explain how you intend on maintaining trade

How do counties that are not members of the EU manage to trade?

Do you think they don't ?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They probably work out trade deals and the like.

Do we have any of those in place? In any kind of meaningful manner?

Should we be America's bitch next?

Eat their spurious concoction cancer ridden produce maybe?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I gave an answer to the poster who asked a ridiculous question.

Does he really think The U.K. is going to cease trading with others. We already have trade deals in place with countries outside of the EU.

Here are the facts if you wish to read them.

www.ons.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My apologies for butting in then.

Fact is geographically the EU member states are our biggest trading partners.

I canny see the point in going halfway around the globe to obtain products we can source only a few hundred miles distant.

And mostly superior products at that.

Just from a cost-effective and logistical standpoint, it seems crazy to shop anywhere else.
edit on 23-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I canny see the point in going halfway around the globe to obtain products we can source only a few hundred miles distant

And that argument can be made also for The EU.

How far do they have to ship them across The English Channel ?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

What this post tells me is that people who voted to leave have a fundamental misunderstanding of international treaties and agreements. A 'hard Brexit' where you just stop being in the EU with no other agreements means you don't get to go to the EU, you don't get to trade with the EU. There are no rules and regulations governing moving in and out of the EU from or to Britain.
Voting to leave with this idea that you would just be your own country, or something, absolutely fails to explain how you intend on maintaining trade and movement of peoples. OK, we get it, you live on an island...that doesn't mean you have to exist on one.

There are 195 countries in the world the EU is only 27 of them..... 20 of them are

more dependent/supported by the other 7. The UK before leavong was the 2nd

largest contributer so hardley the poor relation to the EU!

To hear some people you would think the UK didn't exist prior to the EU

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They make agreements to trade with the EU. Just leaving without clarifying how your trade is going to work basically prevents you from trading. That's the whole 'deal' part of Brexit.

'Well why can't we just go to what we had before the EU existed?' Because all those agreements were wiped clean once you joined the EU.

Leaving the EU is, quite possibly, the worst thing that Britain can do.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

They make agreements to trade with the EU

Complete nonsense.

The EU has trade deals with a large number of countries, including Canada, South Korea, and Mexico, although not with the US, India, China, or Australia

ukandeu.ac.uk...

The E.U. does not have trade deals with China, India, Australia etc. If memory serves me correct the EU have only just agreed a deal with The U.S.

However Britain has been and still does trade with those counties i have mentioned, and others.
edit on 23-3-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

About 28 miles from Dover to France.

And around 878 miles to US ports.

Hows that the same?

We need each other, simply for the EU convenience, the US not so much, as the Bank of England and financial institutions of old London town pretty much wag the Federal Reserves tail already.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hows that the same?

I didn't say it was.

Read again what i stated.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Bit sloshed the now, and aiming for the urinal, possibly my bad. LoL

Edit: Anyway, 28 miles, unless im missing the point as well as the urinal.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So if we have a 2nd referendum are you supportive of a new one every 2 years?
Just want to make this clear... you are for regular referendums on EU membership, yes? So the result of a 2nd one would be for just the next 2 years before we voted a 3rd time?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Im for whatever results equals less austerity, no recession, and most definitely no Tory tampering with our human rights.

I'm for a future for my kid, where Westminster are restrained somewhat form tampering with there existence.

Just to be perfectly clear.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Im for whatever results equals less austerity, no recession, and most definitely no Tory tampering with our human rights.

I'm for a future for my kid, where Westminster are restrained somewhat form tampering with there existence.

Just to be perfectly clear.

That doesn;t answer the question.
If we should have a referendum every time we change our minds then we'd be having them every couple of years and be in a perpetual state of uncertainty.
The point you were making just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

I do agree that we should do what is best for our future - that means a no deal Brexit and a return to trading with the world on our own terms.
edit on 23/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Please show us how a no deal brexit would be if benefit to the uk I am genuinely curious

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

UKTruth i dont know what age you are, but i would love to know when we did not live under a perpetual state of uncertainty?

If that's not been the colour of our day since at least the time of the banks going pop, i don't know what is.

If i was going to call such a rose coloured enigma or state it would be around 1991-2000, and even then it was illusory.

The answers to your queries rely on absolutes and there are none to be had, because nobody has a clue what's going on or is ultimately going to happen.

I think whats best for our future is not giving Westminster and Tories free reign to tamper with such.

The EU is indeed part of the world, you see we exist within a network, designed to facilitate the transportation of goods and people, all over the globe within a matter of hours, a global network.

Brexit, in my eyes, is a step backwards, not forwards, hence the demographic responsible for such a senile vote i suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join