It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

LOL. Surely you jest!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The marchers at the big Remain march today in London have unfurled a banner quoting brexiteer David Davis:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

After Brexit the government might be forced into implementing a living wage, you know when we have to re-open our own industrial plants again.To stop the brain drain of all our educated going abroad as they do now because they get better paid.

Maybe the NHS can afford to train nurses again. Did you know the majority of nurses now work for agencies because they get better paid, this in turn costs the NHS 3 times more than having permanent staff.

The UK at the moment is a service economy maybe if we get back to manufacturing we just may have a chance at being Great again? Brexit may force us back into thinking for ourselves again?

See all the kids as they leave school/college now? Back in my day if you didn't have A/O Levels, CSE's you could easily get a factory job. This gave the Uneducated/Physical learners a decent well paid job. This cash then trickled down into economy.

Now they just turn to dealing drugs and getting stabby.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"I wonder if MSM will give the pro-Brexit marches planned for next Friday with as much coverage and in such a sympathetic way?"

That will be interesting to find out, as long as they keep the head.

"It would be nice for someone to try and answer that in a straight forward, unequivocal manner."

Unequivocal answers, straight forward or otherwise have not exactly been manifesting much or at all where just about anything and everything pertaining to this whole debacle is concerned.

"Still doesn't explain how people are trying to use the number of signatories of a one sided petition to cancel the result of a democratically held referendum where at least four times the number of people voted the other way."

Im sure there will be another "one sided petition" on the other side that's accumulation signatures also.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

If you really see us implementing the above you have far more faith in our Politicians and Westminster than most.

It not the EU holding back a living wage that Tory austerity guaranteed.

Next thing you will be telling us how strong and stable or beloved nation will be.

They will kill our NHS stone dead after Brexit, half dead the now if truth be told.

Problem with those unskilled jobs is that robotics and automation will eventually replace 90% of them.

Education is the key, not providing Monkey work for the illiterate.

That breeds idiots just smart enough to vote but never really know why or for what they are really being sold.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wrote a nice big dissertation of what I thought about this debacle then give up.

Because as you said the government is a joke.

My starry eyed thoughts of what the Country could achieve on our own are just a pipe dream.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

End of the day UKWO1Phot if they keep going the way they are, and in the manner and fashion that they are doing, pipe dreams are possibly all that we will have left, Brexit or no Brexit.

Whatever happens now, one thing is for sure, Westminster and politics, in general, have been shown up for the shower of nefarious inept corrupt complicit bastards that they are on all sides.

Update 1 million people were allegedly on the streets in protest today.

edit on 23-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That will be interesting to find out, as long as they keep the head.

Why wouldn't they?

When there has been trouble at other protests in the UK it's usually been due to the proximity of counter-marches, antagonising by both sides and police tactics.

Unequivocal answers, straight forward or otherwise have not exactly been manifesting much or at all where just about anything and everything pertaining to this whole debacle is concerned.

So still no-one has attempted to answer that question.

Im sure there will be another "one sided petition" on the other side that's accumulation signatures also.

Why?
17.4million of us had our say on the 23rd June 2016.

It was natural of us to assume that people would abide by the result of that vote, apparently not everyone does for some unexplained reason.....but we do.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Nice article on the march.
It seems Brexit supporters chose not to counter-protest.
I wonder if Remainers will repay the compliment next week?

Speakers at the rally have included Labour's deputy leader, Tom Watson, Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, London Mayor Sadiq Khan, former Tory turned independent MP Anna Soubry and former attorney general Dominic Grieve.

What a nefarious group of individuals united for what measure?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
People are voting from abroad and people are voting multiple times.
It's just more propaganda to feed the traitors in the UK.
edit on 23/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
The marchers at the big Remain march today in London have unfurled a banner quoting brexiteer David Davis:

www.theguardian.com...

Very small crowd of traitors today, much smaller than the last Traitors march.
Also a really stupid banner. Democracy doesn't have a mind. People do - and the majority voted to leave. The traitors haven't changed their minds at all, they just want to deny other peoples votes and force them to agree with them. That's not democracy, it's tyranny.

Here's the most telling banner.

edit on 23/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"Why wouldn't they?"

Might bring out the crazy right-wing types that don't play nice with others, that's all I'm saying, and that kind of support nobody needs.

"So still no-one has attempted to answer that question."

It's a loaded question, on multiple levels i suppose that may be the reason.

"Why?
17.4million of us had our say on the 23rd June 2016."

Then if there is another referendum I'm sure the numbers will return the same, people can change their minds, especially given what taken place so far.

"It was natural of us to assume that people would abide by the result of that vote, apparently not everyone does for some unexplained reason.....but we do."

All in all i would say that a logical assessment, aside from the lies, and the fact that the politicians sure have not displayed such logical reasoning, in any sort of manner.

"Nice article on the march.
It seems Brexit supporters chose not to counter-protest.
I wonder if Remainers will repay the compliment next week?"

Time will tell, but the clocks ticking faster all the time.

"What a nefarious group of individuals united for what measure?"

Hardly the worst of the bunch or even on offer, and i cant stand half of them nether. LoL

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Lol, why would we have another vote? We had it already.
You guys realy don't like it when you don;t get your way.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"why would we have another vote? We had it already."

Because 4 million people and counting possibly want one?

"You guys really don't like it when you don't get your way."

That's possible because there is no perceivable workable way forward that involves Brexit in its present shape nor form.

Well not according to the MP, May, nor anyone else in Westminster.

How can we know what we like when they won't tell us what we will be getting?

Point of fact, they point blank refuse to make any sort of logical progression in any sort of manner unless I'm sadly missing something, aside from the entire point of Brexit of course.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Might bring out the crazy right-wing types that don't play nice with others, that's all I'm saying, and that kind of support nobody needs.

Unlike the rabid antifa/class war types who have stirred up trouble at many marches in the UK.

Still no answer as to why an online petition with 4million suspicious signatories should have more validity than the result of a referendum where 17.4 million people voted the other way.

Head spinning again....good job its pub o'clock!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes, I'm off for a few myself soon.

Let's just see who behaves next week and who does not.

That mob the day seem to have for the most part kept the head.

I don't have the unequivocably answer you're looking for, can't give what i do not have.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Enjoy.

Slainte.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

www.theguardian.com...

Well, what do you call a democracy that doesn't respect the outcome of a vote?

ETA: That's probably the most stupid quote I've ever seen. If it didn't respect the outcome of the first vote, then it was never a democracy to begin with.
edit on 23-3-2019 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"why would we have another vote? We had it already."

Because 4 million people and counting possibly want one?

It's not 4m... multiple votes and foreigners are in that number, but even if it was.. so?
17.4m voted to leave in an actual official vote.
Stop being silly.

"You guys really don't like it when you don't get your way."

That's possible because there is no perceivable workable way forward that involves Brexit in its present shape nor form.

Well not according to the MP, May, nor anyone else in Westminster.

How can we know what we like when they won't tell us what we will be getting?

Point of fact, they point blank refuse to make any sort of logical progression in any sort of manner unless I'm sadly missing something, aside from the entire point of Brexit of course.

WTO Brexit. Simple.
US trade deal awaits.
£30+ billion invested instead of giving it to the fascists in the EU. That's about £1000 per househould, which can do a lot of good.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"Stop being silly."

Make you a deal, i will when the politicians do the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Haha, I just did exactly what I said could be done. Logged into my VPN and signed this stupid petition. Why does it even have the drop down location menu? Isn't it supposed to be for UK citizens only? Anybody who thinks this thing is the "will of the people" is just naïve at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join