It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Occult Significance Of A Lead Statue Of Neptune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is the statue in question.
https://ahistoricalhiatus.com/2016/07/25/durham-neptune-statue/

It was given to the city by George Bowes.

At the age of twenty-three, he “married fourteen-year-old Eleanor Verney following a passionate courtship which began when she was only ten”
. . .
She “was heiress to the considerable wealth of her grandfather, the Dean of Windsor. By the age of thirteen, she was renowned for her beauty and her learning . . . . Undoubtedly, the marriage negotiations had initially been prompted by financial motives on the part of Bowes and possibly his mother, in common with the vast majority of marriage between prosperous landed families in the early eighteenth century . . .
However, a mere two and a half months after the wedding, Eleanor died suddenly, probably of an infection. Lady Mary Wortley Montagu wrote a poem commemorating Eleanor’s death, and the poem implied that she had been killed by George’s sexual vigour.
bizarrevictoria.wordpress.com...

Geogre was one of the Grand Allies.

One of the largest Durham coal owners, George Bowes, with the Wortleys and the Liddells founded the ‘Grand Alliance’, a cartel which dominated the north country coal trade in the 18th century
www.historyofparliamentonline.org...

The Grand Allies did not want the Wear Navigation opened as it would have reduced their profits, they shipped their coal out on the River Tyne. The stated reason for the gift was to symbolise the Wear Navigation project.

. . . the version erected in the market place in Durham in 1730 as part of a later abandoned scheme to make the River Wear navigable from Durham to the sea at Sunderland. The Durham statue, which survives, was cast in lead in London and brought by sea to Newcastle before being transported to Durham. It was paid for by George Bowes of Gibside (then MP for County Durham) and charged to his election expense account. The Durham statue is of high quality and may have been a special commission. The maker is not known, but the most likely candidate is the studio of John Nost (Jan van Ost), and more particularly the sculptor Andrew Carpenter (Andries Carpentière).
www.keystothepast.info...

The statue is a high quality but mass produced garden ornament, the sculptor would alter the mould to make different versions. It was allegedly charged to the donors election expense account. The donor had every reason to oppose the project the gift symbolised, though he may have pretended to support the project while undermining it.

I have doubts about the donors motives.

Can anyone tell me the occult significance of a lead statue of Neptune?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Doesn't Poseidon have a trident spear (3 harpoon points)...whereas Neptune holds a single point spear?

Just asking, no clue as to the significance of leaded statue of Neptune. Sorry...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Doesn't Poseidon have a trident spear (3 harpoon points)...whereas Neptune holds a single point spear?

Just asking, no clue as to the significance of leaded statue of Neptune. Sorry...

They're both the same God, one is Greek the other is Roman. Ancient Roman frescos show Neptune with a three tined spear (aka: trident).

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Lead is usually associated with Saturn so it's kind of a mixed message. Neptune, as ruler of the sea, can be seen in many different lights depending upon your belief system. Some would see the oceans as symbolic of the subconscious, others of the soul. When the rebelling Angels were sent to the Abyss it is probably referencing the bottom of the ocean and so Neptune could be seen as a satanic figure, etc..

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
From the articles below, it appears there was and is no occult significance attached to it.

The use of lead flowered in England during late 17th and 18th centuries, especially in the shops gathered around the Hyde Park area of London, which produced extraordinary statuary and vases for the English nobility. The English adoption of the French garden style, with its emphasis on parterres and terraces, created a need for large quantities of statuary to ornament these newly laid-out gardens. Prior to this time, statuary for the garden had to be sculpted laboriously from stone or marble, a slow and expensive proposition. Casting statuary in lead not only offered the advantages already noted but also meant that the same piece could be repeated quite easily.

www.negarden.com...

Could be the simple concept of Neptune watching over this scheme that was in place at the time:

. . . the version erected in the market place in Durham in 1730 as part of a later abandoned scheme to make the River Wear navigable from Durham to the sea at Sunderland.

edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago009101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Of the 12 Olympians, the 3 most important were Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades: Sky, seas, and earth.

But the thing is, Poseidon, and especially his horse(s) was also the archetype/tutelary deity of rivers.

So although we think of Poseidon as a sea-god, the fact is he controls rivers and riverine commerce. There is animosity between Poseidon and Hades because Poseidon has jurisdiction in the earth where rivers run, but Hades doesn't have any reciprocal power over the seas.

There are 5 rivers in Hades: Styx, Cocytus, Lethe, Acheron and the Phlegethon

When the boy hero with a thousand faces has to enter the underworld, it is Poseidon or one of his messengers who helps against hades (death), but hades always exacts his terrible price in the end...

Lead is the symbol of Saturn, the Titan in charge of boundaries and limits, as well as the patron of human devices and machines.

So a statue of Poseidon, the River, cast in lead, represents a man made river. It also seeks to put a limit on the impact of the wear. It is trapping the man-made river in lead---slowing it down and limiting its impact, in homage to the God Hades, the underworld, where the family's wealth came from.

The family probably felt like they owed their mining wealth to the God of wealth and of the underworld--Hades/pluto. The statue of Poseidon ostensibly honors the river-traffic, at the same time that it traps it in lead---giving their god Hades power over the river, that pushes it's way through hades' realm.
edit on 21-3-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They're both the same God, one is Greek the other is Roman. Ancient Roman frescos show Neptune with a three tined spear (aka: trident).

Thank you AM!

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"What Is The Occult Significance Of A Lead Statue Of Neptune"

He's got a big trident, and knows how to use it.

edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"What Is The Occult Significance Of A Lead Statue Of Neptune"

He's got a big trident, and knows how to use it.

Isn't that a British battle cry?
edit on 13CDT11America/Chicago003111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Interesting thought, but your OP doesn't seem to offer any evidence that there even WAS any hidden (or even non-hidden) significance. In fact, your quoted portions more emphasize the youth of the girl at the time she was married. It says a "passionate" love affair began when she was ten. They didn't put gobs of hormones in food and drink back then, so girls didn't start developing and having giant knockers by the age of ten like they do today. Unless she was a SUPER early bloomer, when their "passionate" affair began she would have still looked like a child. That's far more interesting.

It also says there were rumors that his "sexual vigor" killed her. Fascinating and darkly funny.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I preferred "Polaris" just coz its got a better ring to it.

But what the feck would i ken about "British war cry", im Scottish.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I preferred "Polaris" just coz its got a better ring to it.

But what the feck would i ken about "British war cry", im Scottish.

Right, only the Scottish of yore could answer that question.
edit on 13CDT11America/Chicago014111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well, currently our war cry, as a nation, seems to be or involve "Brexit". LoL

But thas a whole nother story as you probably ken.
edit on 21-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You will sink to the bottom of your own godhood.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You will sink to the bottom of your own godhood.

Neptune can ride the fishies up up and away.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Can anyone tell me the occult significance of a lead statue of Neptune?

Hey - just having a laugh and wondering if you are just one of the fu*king system, where specific questions are asked to incite certain Gamma units (MKUltra) altars, to switch on because our freaking left foot, sinistrous side, Achilles heal is already in that Lake of Eternal Damnation fire.

Who gives a crap about the fallen stupid-heads like Neptune, Azazel and Shymhz (200 fallen angels) ? They are foolish and are programmed by GOD to inform mortal peasants the truth when those peasants tread paths that they are not supposed to know.

So AugustusMasonicus has responded appropriately. Where do your handlers go from here ..... LOL

My handlers are currently "Fuking you up". Hey - Volga- so what - just another day on the spiritual battle fields of this REALM.
edit on 21-3-2019 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Hi Rapha, I lived in Flushing, used to bus through to Truro. I kayaked to the dole office in Penryn, to Leo's and to Trago Mills. My oldest offspring just declared his fondest memories are of living in Flushing. I had the furthest mooring on Lucy's Beach. I consider myself to be a lone operator.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

. . . George Bowes is the present Queen Elizabeth II's great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm working on the assumption that with family like this there must be some hidden motivation.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Hi Rapha, I lived in Flushing, used to bus through to Truro. I kayaked to the dole office in Penryn, to Leo's and to Trago Mills. My oldest offspring just declared his fondest memories are of living in Flushing. I had the furthest mooring on Lucy's Beach. I consider myself to be a lone operator.

Lol.
Once walked the coastal path through Flushing, worked in Penryn for 2 years and bought junk from Falmouth Trago. So many similarities. Lol.

I kayaked to the dole office in Penryn

i bet that really peeved them off when signing on in such a casual manner. But hey, every event happens for a reason as God has a perfect path for all of us.

new topics

top topics

join