It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot Watch 2019-2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I know we're in solar minimum but just saw that sun spot activity is picking up sometimes a bit dramatically like i saw today 3/21/19 here:

services.swpc.noaa.gov...

So ive decided to make a thread kinda like the EQ watch thread well because if the interest is similar then this thread will be referred to often as space weather picks up here are some references that i know of for now if you know of any other good sources please feel free to add direct links

Thanks!!

spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Nice. A CME is set to hit on the 23rd. I don't know how big a C-4 class solar flare is but it sounds big (it's probably small) but the explosion lasted for more than an hour. I'll unplug the battery to my vehicles Saturday morning.

ETA: I don't know of any other sites for this information so I didn't list one.
edit on 21-3-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

ETA: One more time... Nevermind. The C class flares are small. I won't disconnect my batteries.
edit on 21-3-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nice. But the interest may be at a minimum for a while. People have a flare for excitement and can be a little flat when it’s at a low point. Once that big ole bastard starts to heat up, I’m sure people will dial in more.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A bang you say?.... really scientific terminology there doc!!lol

Northern spring began with a bang. On March 20th at 1118 UT, new sunspot AR2736 exploded, producing a C4-class solar flare that lasted more than an hour!!

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I miss the days before solar max. When the Earth was going to be fried because there was sure to be a Carrington class event (NASA said so, or maybe not). When comets were crashing into the Sun, causing CMEs.

When it took an M class flare to raise an eyebrow. And an X3 to get interesting.

edit on 3/21/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i remember !! if the jump that just happened with a nice CME keeps happening there will be a good amount of interest generated for a few minutes anyways....

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah. Some people up north might get a nice light show.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A light bridge Photographed from a FL guys back yard in extreme detail giving rise to a B class flare potentially ....

The primary core of sunspot AR2738 is divided by a brilliant canyon of light--also known as a "light bridge"--measuring some 20,000 km from end to end. Amateur astronomer Martin R. Wise photographed the phenomenon from his backyard observatory in Trenton, Florida. Follow the arrow:

spaceweather.com...

The light bridge is only about 800 km wide--less than the width of the state of Texas. His image captures not only that narrow divide, but also hundreds of surrounding granules on the sun's boiling surface

new topics

top topics

join