It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me or my father will visit Mauritania soon (So called Atlantis ruins)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hello ATS

My father is working in Algeria right now and I was shooting him the facts about Mauritania and Atlantis last year. Probably not me but him will be visiting the site maybe. Its a very controversial site as there are thugs and other mediums around. He and I are used to dealing with those kind of people so I believe he will be able to pull it off.

As normal sightseers and not scientists I would love to make a list of what to do and what to look for around the area. I would appreciate if we can gather around and decide on the things me or him should do. Lets make a list and build a mission =). I think it will be very exciting for us to conduct a research

Lots of love.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Geological survey of some sort is needed too. Something very massive and cataclysmic happened there, and levelled the place. Maybe Earth crust movement, tsunami... Samples from various spots, artefacts, and also from the ”canal” towards the Atlantic Ocean.

Cool trip ahead!
edit on 21-3-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Yes, we need to put them into details so I can examine the site following our pinpoints.

Edit: its not like gathering soil samples you know. So I hope we can come up with specific stuff as I am nor my father is a geo engineer. I am thinking about excavating a little bit, some samples of course, some sightseeing, and maybe if I have the funds some heavy digging like 10 20 meters at least. I am planning of deciding on exact spots to do the research or sampling if not digging. Think of it like a moon expedition.
edit on 21-3-2019 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Be very careful, remember that it is the desert not a nice place and the tribes there as well as bandit's may make it worth your while not to venture into such a region unless you have armed guards with you and a local guide that can be trusted.

Even if it was Atlantis the fact is that any ruin's you would now find would be from long after the period in time that the Atlantean legend would suggest it was destroyed - at least on the surface and anything below would depend how much sediment is built up over it if the flood scarring is in fact that - flood scarring so to reach that you would probably have to have a pretty large mining operation which you obviously would not have AND sufficient time to reach such buried ruin's.

It is really not worth risking your life just to take photo's of what today is a desert Dust bowl that can only be appreciated from space.

But I would dearly love to see a genuine and properly funded scientific expedition to the region 'that you know' would also keep it's eye's out for any evidence of ancient civilization in the region.

Best bet is to search out high resolution aerial images of the region and to then study them for any irregularity's that may indicate past settlement's.

To my mind though it remain's one of the best and most intriguing site's linked to the Atlantean legend, putting Atlantis out of your mind though my favorite underwater anomaly is probably still the probably sunken city off of Cuba, it is not Atlantis though the moment it was disclosed everyone started to claim it was but rather it may be evidence or an unknown period of human civilization and barring serious geological instability in the region may be over 50.000 years old despite it's seeming meso-american style pyramid's.

Like I say it's NOT atlantis but it is definitely something, a city in my opinion but a city 1275 feet under water.

edit on 21-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You are very right about bandits etc and I am with you. I have been thru them and my father as well, still very very risky. I presume we will be armed and plus maybe some mercenaries. I am of course not going there to take photos, I really want to excavate the possible remains maybe on the ground or under just a little bit. The thing is I am planning this because I have a chance, going to cuba and doing that research would be probably 10 times expensive or even more. So I thought why not you know? Its a tough task, but as long as I see no one is going there. I have questions, or even just seeing it will be a highlight.

Edit: Plus I am really fed up about life LOL. Some members I am friends with would know.
edit on 21-3-2019 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Well I wish you the very best of luck, the cultures that have left most near to the surface of that region though may be from later period and it is even likely that these later more primitive cultures would have actively searched for anything they could use or trade once any sites became known to them so while there may be very little left there now - there is probably still a lot but compared to the past - it is possible that some thing's still erode out now and then as the desert wind shift's any overlying sand.
Remember how some ancient middle eastern city's were found, Ninevah if my memory does not fail me after a British explorer became intrigued when he was told of a hill that was a good place to get brick's which the local's were happily reusing for countless generation's.
I would dearly love you to find something.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the support. Yes I know the chances are very little but I think its worth it. Where is Graham Hancock? Why is he not going there maybe he should join me lol

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Are we talking about the eye of sahara? That is so cool, lots of evidence pointing to this could just might be the place of Atlantis.
I have no clue to what to look after, but i wish you luck and hope you and your father will be able to find something you can share with us.

Here is a little video about the place, for those who havent heard about it before

edit on 21 3 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Yes thats the place. Thanks for the good wishes and the video =) I strongly believe thats the ruins of Atlantis after researching for more than 2 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Remember metal detector, camera and water

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Remember metal detector, camera and water

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Those are a must of course =) Thanks. Water is the most important thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide

You are very right about bandits etc and I am with you. I have been thru them and my father as well, still very very risky. I presume we will be armed and plus maybe some mercenaries. I am of course not going there to take photos, I really want to excavate the possible remains maybe on the ground or under just a little bit. The thing is I am planning this because I have a chance, going to cuba and doing that research would be probably 10 times expensive or even more. So I thought why not you know? Its a tough task, but as long as I see no one is going there. I have questions, or even just seeing it will be a highlight.

Edit: Plus I am really fed up about life LOL. Some members I am friends with would know.

A great adventure you are embarking upon. I am not qualified to offer advice in this matter but I would assume you'd shoot first in the circumstances of armed bandits. Keep records, would make a great book.

Stay safe.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thanks. Yes I would always shoot first. =) I will be keeping records and drinking lots of water.

Love

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

This video is a guy who has found interesting formations on google earth in the Richat area, maybe it can help you pinpoint where you want to start.

Atlantis

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I'd bring my metal detector for sure !

new topics

top topics

join