It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Multiple Reports About New Zealanders Turning In Guns, Guess How Many Actually Did It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The media is loving everything about her. How can you make such a decision in two days? So instead of fighting white nationalism you treat every gun owner like a criminal creating more division. The democrats in the US are taking notes

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

"To make our community safer, the time to act is now," Ardern said on Monday. "I want to remind people, you can surrender your gun to the police at any time. In fact I have seen reports that people are in fact already doing this. I applaud that effort, and if you are thinking about surrendering your weapon, I would encourage you to do so."

To make your community even safer, the police can turn in their guns to the community. I applaud that effort, and I would encourage them to do so. If average citizens don't need guns to protect themselves, neither do law enforcement.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Don't nobody cares about assault rifles much on that island of mostly white, peaceful liberals building a tropical utopia.

It's not comparable one iota to the United States regarding the second amendment and not comparable to European countries either, the ethnic make up is completely different as are the politics and issues.

I've got a good way to look at it. If a country doesn't have an amendment in their constitution or bill of rights saying people can own guns, or it was written before semi auto existed, then it doesn't exist, is extra and/or obsolete.

I think Americans should be able to legally own semi automatic rifles. Why? Because there's already so many damn people armed, so many guns floating around, new ones being bought everyday, plenty of nutjobs with the propaganda we have out there, and way too much crime. Too many home invasions, robberies, burglaries.

But them? Lol, no there's no logical reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be regulated. Blame it on the idiot, maybe there's a bunch of other potential white nationalist idiots or people in that society that might think it was an alright thing to do, want to replicate it, think it was cool. I dunno, I don't live there so I don't really care.

Don't nobody cares about assault rifles much on that island of mostly white, peaceful liberals building a tropical utopia.

Interesting. Do you think the whiteness has anything to do with it being so peaceful?

But them? Lol, no there's no logical reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be regulated.

So...they're SO non-threatening, SO law abiding.. that it makes sense to disarm them by law?

"Yeah... we probably shouldn't try to disarm those Americans over there. They would probably shoot at us if we tried! But those guys over there in New Zealand... they seem like a rather docile, non confrontational bunch... LETS GET EM!!!"
edit on 3/21/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ardern is a weak fool who disgraces the position of PM. The job of a PM is to uphold and defend the rights of Citizens, not to arbitrarily limit their rights for any reason.

Weak # no-b#'s

Do NOT turn those firearms in NZ! Believe me, you will need them for what likely comes next. Historically, gun grabs are followed by periods of severe and extreme persecution, mass murder and state violence/state sanctioned-enabled violence.

Keep your guns and keep your lives. As you saw with that NZ attack, no amount of law enforcement response would have prevented even a single death there. It happens too fast, and they will ALWAYS only arrive to document the crime and catch the killer. YOUR SAFETY is YOUR responsibility - and that is the end of it.

Wonder if shovel-face Arden will be giving up her security detail's weapons. Of course not, leftist filth never want to follow their own laws

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Not sure i understand your thread. So the article is about New Zealanders handing over their guns after the terror attack? And, as confirmed in this and other articles, some New Zealanders have turned over their guns?

I have read no claims in any article about "huge numbers" or anything - just that some have turned their guns over. In other words, the reporting is correct (for once).

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Illegally owned guns are the problem, not legal ones !

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Regarding NZ lack of constitutional rights:
If you think a piece of paper signed into law gives you your rights, then they are not rights because they were given to you. If it is a right, all the paper does is acknowledge it.
edit on 22-3-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2019 by byteshertz because: double post

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
Regarding NZ lack of constitutional rights:
If you think a piece of paper signed into law gives you your rights, then they are not rights because they were given to you. If it is a right, all the paper does is acknowledge it.

You're beyond correct in your statement. I'd just like to add to your comment in that New Zealand's recent law changes are a perfect example of how stupid reactionary laws really are.

I watched the whole the entire video of the shooting (shooter's web cam) from the beginning to the arrest.

You can ban semi automatic weapons all that you want. Simple practice gets you to the level this shooter was, which was absolutely pathetic in regard to changing magazines, regardless of ammo capacity.

Reactionary law is stupid.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder if this could spur confiscation. Would be dumb to do so, but I wonder..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join