It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you go to jail for ‘misgendering’? One British journalist is about to find out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

What/which opinion?

That no one is compelled to have sexual reconstructive surgery? If anyone is being compelled to do so, show me the proof and I will just as passionately fight such abuse and tyranny over a person's body and autonomy.

That up to 90% of men identifying as transgender choose not to have reconstructive surgery? (Specifically, they choose to keep their penis, though most are quite euphoric to get boobies). So prove me wrong. This is what has been reported, if I remember correctly in accordance with a trans-friendly survey. I have looked high and low for any definitive numbers, but they just aren't out there. But if you think you can prove the numbers one way or another, please do. I would welcome such information.

That Trans Activists are demanding self-ID? Trans Activists have been very loud and clear about this. "Acceptance without exception," even for convicted rapists. (See #RapistHill) But if you think you can prove me wrong, go for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Boadicea

This is absolutely ridiculous. The uk has gone full retard. I don't know what else to say.

Cheers - Dave

Careful now Bob, the UK will try and extradite you for using insult speech

That's ok, lol, I always wanted to name names of whom in the British government moved weapons through South Africa during the 80's arms embargo or why pan am 103 was brought down and much much more. I wasn't sleeping when I worked for the military and counter intelligence :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

What/which opinion?

That no one is compelled to have sexual reconstructive surgery? If anyone is being compelled to do so, show me the proof and I will just as passionately fight such abuse and tyranny over a person's body and autonomy.

That up to 90% of men identifying as transgender choose not to have reconstructive surgery? (Specifically, they choose to keep their penis, though most are quite euphoric to get boobies). So prove me wrong. This is what has been reported, if I remember correctly in accordance with a trans-friendly survey. I have looked high and low for any definitive numbers, but they just aren't out there. But if you think you can prove the numbers one way or another, please do. I would welcome such information.

That Trans Activists are demanding self-ID? Trans Activists have been very loud and clear about this. "Acceptance without exception," even for convicted rapists. (See #RapistHill) But if you think you can prove me wrong, go for it.

I would hazard a guess as to why 90% of men choose not to have the surgery is because they can't afford it, especially the genital surgery. That's what I have been reading, the costs associated with this type of surgery and maintenance afterwards is too expensive.

Bodicea, do you really think these types of surgeries are done in a vacuum? Here is a good article explaining how complicated this issue is for everyone and I do understand what you are trying to relay, albiet I disagree that it is child abuse when so many caring people are trying so hard to figure it out and help these people.

Bottom line:

However , when a child with gender dysphoria is “insistent, persistent, and consistent” over an extended period, then (under the gender affirmative approach) this is typically treated as a good indicator that it is appropriate to begin facilitating the transition process. The trouble is, psychological vulnerabilities can also be persistent, and if a young person feels like they’ve found the solution, it’s understandable that they might not want to let go.

digest.bps.org.uk...
edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago053101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago053101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Can you go to jail for ‘misgendering’?

Someone gets sent to jail for stating a biological fact is stupid.

Stupid= gender neutral.

Can you go to jail for misgendering? Answer: No

Did one British journalist find out: Answer: Yes - no jail for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

All one (and any majority) has to do to find out what's going on with new law discussions is to google it.

LOL! Yeah, that's it... because we all know to google what we don't know... and because we could even find on google what has not been publicly released...

But the funniest part by far of your statement is that the "majority" needs to google to find out what they and their morals demanded but somehow they don't know that!!! It's all good though, right? Because YOU and the political critters know what the majority wants and demands and by golly gee if the majority wants to know what their opinion is, just google and google will TELL THEM what their opinion is...

Oh dear. What a pretzel!

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would hazard a guess as to why 90% of men choose not to have the surgery is because they can't afford it, especially the genital surgery. That's what I have been reading, the costs associated with this type of surgery and maintenance afterwards is too expensive.

Thank heaven for small wonders then!

These guys actually still have a chance to make peace with themselves and their bodies without taking drastic steps that can and do cause irreparable damage and harm -- both intended and unintended -- which can never be corrected.

Sometimes the devil we know is preferable to the devil we don't know.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

All one (and any majority) has to do to find out what's going on with new law discussions is to google it.

LOL! Yeah, that's it... because we all know to google what we don't know... and because we could even find on google what has not been publicly released...

But the funniest part by far of your statement is that the "majority" needs to google to find out what they and their morals demanded but somehow they don't know that!!! It's all good though, right? Because YOU and the political critters know what the majority wants and demands and by golly gee if the majority wants to know what their opinion is, just google and google will TELL THEM what their opinion is...

Oh dear. What a pretzel!

That's not what I said.

If you are passionate about moral and political issues then educated yourself and get politicized then make your voice heard where it counts, not on an obscure conspiracy site where your words will become like dust in the wind.

Yes, this issue is a pretzel.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thank heaven for small wonders then!

These guys actually still have a chance to make peace with themselves and their bodies without taking drastic steps that can and do cause irreparable damage and harm -- both intended and unintended -- which can never be corrected.

Sometimes the devil we know is preferable to the devil we don't know.

Maybe they can, maybe they can't but isn't it worth a try to help them figure it out?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Bodicea, do you really think these types of surgeries are done in a vacuum?

Currently, to a certain extent, yes, I sure do. To a greater extent, I believe that the current Trans Activist demands will create an even greater vacuum.

Here is a good article explaining how complicated this issue is for everyone and I do understand what you are trying to relay, albiet I disagree that it is child abuse when so many caring people are trying so hard to figure it out and help these people.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

More important, with "gender affirmation" treatment being fastracked for kids AND adults, then the --

...“insistent, persistent, and consistent” over an extended period...

-- cannot and does not take place. And when puberty blockers are administered, that process is seemingly denied the child as they are artificially "locked into" their dysphoria.

But it's rather cruel and intellectually dishonest to present those advocating for "gender affirmation" treatment as the ONLY people who care. There are just as many "caring" people and parents who are trying very hard to sound appropriate alarms and demanding proper research before condemning their kids -- any kids! -- to medical mutilation. Especially in line with the very alarming increase in girls suddenly identifying as transgender, as cited in the Rapid Onset Gender Disorder report which caused such a uproar in the trans community. (Which has just been re-released.)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you are passionate about moral and political issues then educated yourself and get politicized...

And when people know there is an issue of concern, they do so. As political critters well know, and hence the effort to hide such issues and to punish dissent.

...then make your voice heard where it counts, not on an obscure conspiracy site where your words will become like dust in the wind.

You presume too much... I can multi-task

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Bodicea, do you really think these types of surgeries are done in a vacuum?

Currently, to a certain extent, yes, I sure do. To a greater extent, I believe that the current Trans Activist demands will create an even greater vacuum.

Here is a good article explaining how complicated this issue is for everyone and I do understand what you are trying to relay, albiet I disagree that it is child abuse when so many caring people are trying so hard to figure it out and help these people.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

More important, with "gender affirmation" treatment being fastracked for kids AND adults, then the --

...“insistent, persistent, and consistent” over an extended period...

-- cannot and does not take place. And when puberty blockers are administered, that process is seemingly denied the child as they are artificially "locked into" their dysphoria.

But it's rather cruel and intellectually dishonest to present those advocating for "gender affirmation" treatment as the ONLY people who care. There are just as many "caring" people and parents who are trying very hard to sound appropriate alarms and demanding proper research before condemning their kids -- any kids! -- to medical mutilation. Especially in line with the very alarming increase in girls suddenly identifying as transgender, as cited in the Rapid Onset Gender Disorder report which caused such a uproar in the trans community. (Which has just been re-released.)

There is nothing cruel and intellectually dishonest in putting the facts out there. How one receives and perceives those facts has to be looked at on an individual level. Again, all the people who are trying to help these people use gender reassignment as a last resort, but you don't seem to believe that.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Maybe they can, maybe they can't but isn't it worth a try to help them figure it out?

Of course it is! But "figuring it out" requires inner work... not outer work. Introspection, not castration. Acceptance, not rejection.

One can only live as themselves. No matter what one wears, how one adorns one's self, or how one refers to one's self.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There is nothing cruel and intellectually dishonest in putting the facts out there.

When you refuse to state ALL the facts or the WHOLE truth, and thus denigrate and demonize others who actually love and cherish that child, then yes, it is cruel and intellectually dishonest.

How one receives and perceives those facts has to be looked at on an individual level.

Garbage in and garbage out, right? No one can properly consider and judge any situation without the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Again, all the people who are trying to help these people use gender reassignment as a last resort, but you don't seem to believe that.

Because it's not true. "Gender affirmation" is increasingly being demanded -- and practiced -- as the first resort.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is part and parcel of living in a big city...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, this is a pleasant surprise:

Dundee Trans Pride headliner dropped after alleged threat to ‘throat punch’ women’s group

The headliner of the long-awaited Trans Pride march taking place in Dundee next Saturday has been dropped after being charged by police.

Peyton Rose Monteux, who performs under the name Peyton Rose, was charged by officers in connection with a tweet in which she is alleged to have urged people to “throat punch” members of a women’s group For Women Scotland.

I'm curious as to why this person was actually charged, whereas Farrow was only being investigated. I don't know what the difference is.

But I am quite heartened that it happened. These kinds of threats by Trans Activists against women (including on Twitter) are not new and not unusual. In fact, this threat is rather tame, compared to many that I've read. What is unusual is any action being taken against them.

Organisers of the event said they had discussed the matter with Ms Rose before coming to their decision.

They said they had a “zero tolerance” approach to threats of violence and harassment.

Good. That's as it should be.

ETA: Here is a screenshot of the tweet in question:

Just caught wind that a TERF organisation has been flyering around Edinburgh, in public spaces full of people.

If you catch one of these assholes in the act, please undo their work or throatpunch them.

Transphobia has no place in 2019.

The Twitter account is now closed.
edit on 21-3-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What a pile of cobblers. The "journalist" hasn't even been arrested, let alone charged, let alone tried, let alone sentenced.

Still, why let reality intrude when you're winding the internet up.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

What a pile of cobblers.

It's sure a pile of something...

The "journalist" hasn't even been arrested, let alone charged, let alone tried, let alone sentenced.

Um... not yet, but it is possible, and no one said otherwise.

In fact, the entire premise of the OP and the source article is to note that it is the law, it is possible, and the process had been initiated. Ultimate outcome is yet to be determined, depending in large part on whether Ms. Green walks her talk and formally withdraws the charges.

Well, you'll have to enlighten me as to why you refuse to let reality intrude into your response...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The whole truth is out there for anyone to research, I suggest you start.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

What a pile of cobblers.

It's sure a pile of something...

The "journalist" hasn't even been arrested, let alone charged, let alone tried, let alone sentenced.

Um... not yet, but it is possible, and no one said otherwise.

In fact, the entire premise of the OP and the source article is to note that it is the law, it is possible, and the process had been initiated. Ultimate outcome is yet to be determined, depending in large part on whether Ms. Green walks her talk and formally withdraws the charges.

Well, you'll have to enlighten me as to why you refuse to let reality intrude into your response...

Well the premise of your thread has been shown to be nonsense yet you carry on regardless.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The whole truth is out there for anyone to research, I suggest you start.

Your suggestion is duly noted.

Tee hee hee

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join