It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you go to jail for ‘misgendering’? One British journalist is about to find out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I shake my head. Meanwhile she had a laugh about her own childs penis size......

spectator.us...

#Meghan Murphy Feminism Is For Females @bloominanna

This is Susie Munchausen-by-proxy Green, laughing about her child’s puberty blocked micro-penis pic.twitter.com/5vj2DLjs5q 189 4:37 PM - Dec 16, 2018

Newspeak George Orwell!

‘Yup – and the stuff around mutilation. And the fact she repeatedly refers to my daughter as a boy, but that’s not the key point here.’ She also said that she believed that Farrow had broken the law by referring to Jackie Green,prior to surgery, as male: She said: ‘Saying that Jackie before surgery is maleand should be referred to as a boy is completely wrong and goes against the Equality Act 2010.’

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

The bigger issue is how some people are just unwilling to accept gender reassignment as a protected characteristic, which it is in the U.K..

Not exactly. We understand and accept that the law is being used to "protect" gender reassignment; we just refuse to accept it as necessary or appropriate as currently implemented.

Refusing to accept the law and acting against protected people, is breaking the law.

... And some people's unwillingness to accept others' reassignment can also be looked at as harassment and discrimination.

Again, we have no problem understanding and accepting that it is happening; but we refuse to accept it as necessary or appropriate as currently implemented.

Again, your nonacceptance is of no merit, as the law must be abided whether you like it or not.

The law is the law, and the morals of the majority of people within a society steer the lawmakers to update old and make new laws as warranted.

Yup. Laws are not written in stone. Laws are written by people and people are fallible and therefore so are the laws they write.

But let's hope that you're right about the morals of the majority of the people. Now that such laws and regulations and abuses of power and authority are actually seeing the light of day for the whole world to see, there is hope for change.

The majority of the people have already spoken, via the new law. I am beginning to wonder if there is hope for change with this issue for some people on the outside looking in.

edit on 13CDT08America/Chicago05880831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago00090931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Given £500,000 out of chairty money to push their bullying on Doctors and bullying doctors, promoting falsehoods and using “emotional blackmail” to pressure parents to support life-changing medical interventions for their children.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Child sex-change charity Mermaids handed £500,000 by national lottery An ‘aggressive’ group that says under-16s should be allowed to alter their bodies medically plans to go nationwide

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Meanwhile she had a laugh about her own childs penis size......

I saw that and it's just really really sad. At least it made me sad. I want to believe that this mother (and so many others) really believe they are doing what is best for the children, but I just can't wrap my head around all this.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

So only recently did she drop the action. I suspect that the Politicians screaming about how they were given 500,000 may have more to do with Green dropping out of the limelight.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Given £500,000 out of chairty money to push their bullying on Doctors and bullying doctors, promoting falsehoods and using “emotional blackmail” to pressure parents to support life-changing medical interventions for their children.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Child sex-change charity Mermaids handed £500,000 by national lottery An ‘aggressive’ group that says under-16s should be allowed to alter their bodies medically plans to go nationwide

And after being reviewed, they still got the charity money.

A 40-page document published by the public body, which is responsible for distributing funds raised by the National Lottery for charitable causes, on Tuesday (February 19), concluded that the allegations made against Mermaids were baseless, and therefore did not justify withholding the grant.

Keyword: Baseless

www.pinknews.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The law is the law, and the morals of the majority of people within a society steer the lawmakers to update old and make new laws as warranted.
Are you saying that the people got a say in how Sect 127 could be used to cast a wide net in shutting down any sort of discussion? Give me a break

spectator.us...

Section 127 of that Act

relates to the ‘improper use of public electronic communications networks’ and says a person is guilty of an offense if he ‘(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or (b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

A person can also offend under s127:

‘if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he (a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false, (b) causes such a message to be sent; or (c) persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.’

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Again, your nonacceptance is of no merit, as the law must be abided whether you like it or not.

But... but... but... YOU said the law is all about the majority opinion... whether the majority like it or not... now it doesn't matter? We're just gonna use tyranny and authoritarianism to force it upon the majority?

You know damn well that the nonacceptance of the people is of great merit. You also know damn well that's why so much of this is taking place under cover of darkness, and why there is so much bullying and intimidation and abuse of those who refuse to accept this abuse under color of law. You know damn well that's why so much effort is put into silencing anyone who dares to dissent and proclaim loud and proud that the Emperor has no clothes.

Yes, indeed, our nonacceptance is important and is the biggest threat to the Trans Activism agenda.

I am beginning to wonder if there is hope for change with this issue for some people on the outside looking in.

LOL! "...outside looking in..." As long as Trans Activists are forcing the rest of us into their lives and choices -- and they are! -- then it's fighting from within. NOT "outside looking in."

As for hope? I have much hope, as more and more folks are peak transed, and especially as more and more transsexuals speak up and out against the Trans Activists and their agenda, and as more and more parents and doctors and other involved and interested parties speak up and speak out... yes, I have much hope!

Senate Democrat Says He Can’t Support Equality Act in Current Form

Significant communities on the LEFT cannot even support this crap!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So only recently did she drop the action. I suspect that the Politicians screaming about how they were given 500,000 may have more to do with Green dropping out of the limelight.

Excellent point. She knows which side her bread is buttered on... can't be making a public stink that puts the political critters in the spotlight. Her funding may just dry up.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Are you saying that the people got a say in how Sect 127 could be used to cast a wide net in shutting down any sort of discussion? Give me a break

spectator.us...

Section 127 of that Act

relates to the ‘improper use of public electronic communications networks’ and says a person is guilty of an offense if he ‘(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or (b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

A person can also offend under s127:

‘if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he (a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false, (b) causes such a message to be sent; or (c) persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.’

There is a big difference between having an intelligent, nondiscriminatory discussion and what is going on online from some people harassing trans people by not accepting their choices in life (with the law on their side).

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

But... but... but... YOU said the law is all about the majority opinion... whether the majority like it or not... now it doesn't matter? We're just gonna use tyranny and authoritarianism to force it upon the majority?

You know damn well that the nonacceptance of the people is of great merit. You also know damn well that's why so much of this is taking place under cover of darkness, and why there is so much bullying and intimidation and abuse of those who refuse to accept this abuse under color of law. You know damn well that's why so much effort is put into silencing anyone who dares to dissent and proclaim loud and proud that the Emperor has no clothes.

Yes, indeed, our nonacceptance is important and is the biggest threat to the Trans Activism agenda.

Since when does majority rule in a free society translate into tyranny? lol

I am beginning to wonder if there is hope for change with this issue for some people on the outside looking in.

LOL! "...outside looking in..." As long as Trans Activists are forcing the rest of us into their lives and choices -- and they are! -- then it's fighting from within. NOT "outside looking in."

As for hope? I have much hope, as more and more folks are peak transed, and especially as more and more transsexuals speak up and out against the Trans Activists and their agenda, and as more and more parents and doctors and other involved and interested parties speak up and speak out... yes, I have much hope!

Senate Democrat Says He Can’t Support Equality Act in Current Form

Significant communities on the LEFT cannot even support this crap!!!

Forcing you? You are free to walk away, aren't you?

edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago02690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago02790931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you saying that the people got a say in how Sect 127 could be used to cast a wide net in shutting down any sort of discussion? Give me a break.

One of the many complaints I've seen brought up regarding the processes in the UK is that "consultations" and "reviews" have been conducted without any public notification to interested parties, and decisions have been made with absolutely no respect or review of how those changes would impact others. Such as placing men in women's prisons, letting men work in women's hospital wards, or forcing men into women's shelters, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No one is "free" to walk away from the law. Which is in fact and in deed enforced. As you well know.

Gaslighting. Again.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Baseless is in the eye of the beholder

ocal support groups across the country, increase training resource and delivery, and provide research evidence to add to the knowledge and understanding of transgender children and young people.” In its statement, the National Lottery Community Fund said the organisation plans to continue working with the charity to ensure they receive adequate support, as the review identified certain areas in which the charity should improve practice, governance, relationship management and quality assurance.

Take note:

Mermaids will use the money to create a network of 45 groups nationwide.

I'm sure they will use that money to support open discussion and alternative choices. LOL

I noticed that you dont dispute what Boadicea states so clearly

Sounds about right to me. It should be illegal anyway to chemically and/or surgically castrate your child. And that is mutilation by definition. No one has the right to make that decision for a child -- neither parents nor doctors -- and a child is not mature enough to make such a decision for themselves. And as a Trans (kid) Activist with "Mermaids," she encourages and even insists on the same thing for other children.

It is a child under the age of consent that is having a mutilation on its body.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

No one is "free" to walk away from the law. Which is in fact and in deed enforced. As you well know

Gaslighting. Again.

That was not my point.

Aren't you free to walk away from this issue for you personally?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yeah I forgot about that other thread where we were discussing these sorts of changes

Such as placing men in women's prisons, letting men work in women's hospital wards, or forcing men into women's shelters, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Actually, if the person has had reassignment surgery and is keeping up with therapy, then technically they would not be considered as men. However, given the high cost of aftercare therapy, it only stands to reason that if the transwoman cannot maintain therapy, then that would be a main consideration in how to deal with these types of situations.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Its funny how there can be total denial in the face of hard facts. But as we saw in that other thread that was binned there seems to be an agenda in shutting down discussion.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Baseless is in the eye of the beholder

ocal support groups across the country, increase training resource and delivery, and provide research evidence to add to the knowledge and understanding of transgender children and young people.” In its statement, the National Lottery Community Fund said the organisation plans to continue working with the charity to ensure they receive adequate support, as the review identified certain areas in which the charity should improve practice, governance, relationship management and quality assurance.

Take note:

Mermaids will use the money to create a network of 45 groups nationwide.

I'm sure they will use that money to support open discussion and alternative choices. LOL

I noticed that you dont dispute what Boadicea states so clearly

Sounds about right to me. It should be illegal anyway to chemically and/or surgically castrate your child. And that is mutilation by definition. No one has the right to make that decision for a child -- neither parents nor doctors -- and a child is not mature enough to make such a decision for themselves. And as a Trans (kid) Activist with "Mermaids," she encourages and even insists on the same thing for other children.

It is a child under the age of consent that is having a mutilation on its body.

Baseless is in the eye of the reviewers and the law.

Self-mutiliation is not against the law, see tatooing and body piercing, but I would not call gender reassignment as mutilation.

edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago03690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ridiculous. Is stating scientific facts now heresy?

Women are born women, men are born men.

PERIOD

Anything else is an invention of morons who watch too much pop-TV and spend too much time on pop-culture

There are TWO sexes. Two "genders." I can prove this statement, scientifically. There are Males and there are Females. Merely "willing" it does not change that designation, which is assigned at birth by your chromosomes

Who is the science-deniers now? SCIENCE DENIERS! denying science! Hey look at those guys, they are rejecting science and instead are now "believers"

Nice job, believers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join