It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May to address the Nation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I don't understand how the conservative party of your country ended up with somebody who, from what I've read, was a remainer? I'm sure there were plenty of actual leavers that could have stood up to the PMs role. The Reese Moggs guy, has he a put a challenge to May? Farage? He left as soon as the Brexit vote was done? I see a lot of outraged leavers but no leaver is stepping up to the plate to take charge??

The Conservative party voted for May as the leader.
People don't get to vote for the Prime Minister in the UK.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

wow really? I've got to read up on that? I was under the impression your conservative party was for the most part pro-leave?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think she is doing a grand job of uniting the country.
Doesn't matter if you are a leaver or a remainer, everyone hates her.

I see Corbyn is coming in for stick for not staying in her meeting and playing nice with Chukka Umunna too.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I understand UK, but I thought the conservative politicians there would have put somebody in who would just follow through with leaving. Look I don't know much about English politics I admit, just curious.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

No, all the big pro EU treaties were signed by Conservative prime ministers

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

wow you learn something everyday.

Alright, I've got a bit of reading to do. Color me surprised.... was always under the impression leaving was what conservatives wanted there.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So her deal and that's it, but not this month, June instead.

She's just so refreshing, so she is. LoL

Yeah thats basically what she has said, my way or no way, put up and shut up this is how me and my EU cronies along with the ERG are going to shaft you all so bend over and take it or am going to make it hurt even more.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I understand UK, but I thought the conservative politicians there would have put somebody in who would just follow through with leaving. Look I don't know much about English politics I admit, just curious.

I'd say most MP's were Remainers, Conservative & Labour. At least until the People's Vote came in... then most shifted to Leave...and now many are shifting to 'stay'. In other words, they do whatever is politically expedient. You think you have it bad in the US, in the UK it takes a special kind of idiot to run for office. Very rarely do we get anyone with even an small inclination to serve the people.

edit on 20/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's how it's portrayed, but over the years all the proper opposition to the EU was from big labour figures like Tony Benn for instance, or the leader of my old union, Bob Crow.
Brexit being right wing is just a lie remain like to tell.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Let's face it the only reason she got the "job" is because no-one else wanted it...no-one wanted to be "that" person lumbered with having to deal with Brexit. I suspect there'll be a change of leadership once its all over with whichever way it goes.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Let's face it the only reason she got the "job" is because no-one else wanted it...no-one wanted to be "that" person lumbered with having to deal with Brexit. I suspect there'll be a change of leadership once its all over with whichever way it goes.

I think she has already said that she will not lead the party into the next General Election. Once Brexit is done, no doubt the planning for the new leadership contest will begin.

edit on 20/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not bothered about an extension so long as the referendum outcome is carried out.
It should not be about whether we leave or remain but how we leave.
If we manage to have the referendum overturned along the way and end up remaining it will be a sad day for the UK's version of Democracy.
Everyone needs to stop being butt hurt about it only being a win for leave by a million votes (as I remember it) and just carry out the result.
It'll hurt.... sure. But the result was leave.
Of course the EU was going to punish us (the people not the politicians) for the leave result.
If we end up remaining the cost may be even higher as they will know they can treat us (the people) how they want with impunity.
Remember.... the UK leaving the EU will hurt them just as much....

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

If we backtrack and end up leaving...we'll look like utter tits

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well George Soros filed a lawsuit in the EU court system asking them to nullify the article 50 (or whatever its called) to prevent the UK from being able to leave the EU.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Well George Soros filed a lawsuit in the EU court system asking them to nullify the article 50 (or whatever its called) to prevent the UK from being able to leave the EU.

I am led to believe he also made millions on the uk crashing out of the erm (European exchange rate mechanism).

I do hope he finds several fresh, itchy, pulsating piles sometime soon or for the lolz on the 29th.

f.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Guess its time to invest heavily in Petroleum Jelly and/or barrels.

But we knew that anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'd say most MP's were Remainers, Conservative & Labour. At least until the People's Vote came in... then most shifted to Leave...and now many are shifting to 'stay'. In other words, they do whatever is politically expedient. You think you have it bad in the US, in the UK it takes a special kind of idiot to run for office. Very rarely do we get anyone with even an small inclination to serve the people.

That's one way of looking at it, another is the people are the stupid ones, knowing that these politicians are self serving, it's no mistake they do what they do and they are laughing at the people for thinking they are stupid when they are in fact right on script.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The Lisbon Treaty was signed by Gordon Brown.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Link please?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Guess its time to invest heavily in Petroleum Jelly and/or barrels.

But we knew that anyway.

If she doesn't get her way no lubrication will be used

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join