It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Supermoon is Upon Us- and This Could Mean a Massive Quake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

(Sorry for the offtopic TA) Phage, do you conspiracy at all? What thoughts do you have that are actually against mainstream? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I try to apply critical thinking rather than believe something simply because it's not "mainstream."

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

And what exactly was it that you were made to believe?

I thought this was about trying to see a correlation between things, not persude people.

I could be wong though....

Peace
edit on 20-3-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Just because there was an earthquake at some arbitrary amount of time after some "supermoon" doesn't mean anything at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

He's just here to put people down, dryly.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Just because there was an earthquake at some arbitrary amount of time after some "supermoon" doesn't mean anything at all.

Just because there was an earthquake at some arbitrary amount of time after some "supermoon" COULD ALSO mean nothing at all.

Corrected that for you..unless you know more.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I thought this was about trying to see a correlation between things, not persude people.

Evidence shows little or no correlation, is my point.

Are there more strong earthquakes during a supermoon, or not?

Sometimes the phone rings when I'm stepping into my shower. A correlation. Not a very strong one. Do you think there is causation involved?

edit on 3/20/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Evidence shows little or no correlation, is my point.

Yeah funny, exactly what muzzy was saying while a 7.5 shook his house apart during a supermoon.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

See my edit above.

Shower syndrome.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
TrueAmerican, I believe you are onto something! Keep at it!! Like a modern day Chan Thomas.

Lightmeup04

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Next 8 hours it is going to pass over, or rather close to, the southern Caribbean and northern South America. That means PR, DR, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, and possibly some of Mexico and Central America too. Might also affect southern California/Baja. Just a heads up:
www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The tidal force isn't really concentrated beneath the Moon. Remember, it is caused by the gravity gradient, not gravity alone. That's why we get high tides on opposite sides of the Planet at the same time and why a Full Moon creates higher tides even though it is opposite the Moon.

Tidal forces (high and low) are distributed across the entire planet. Oh, you might want to check tide charts in the regions of interest.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That may be true, but I am not concerned with gradients. In my mind, the spot most directly under the supermoon is most at risk, due to the increase in the direct gravity field of the moon as it gets closer. And funny, but on the spectros we are getting some smaller activity in Ecuador on the spectros at SpectroNet, with the supermoon getting very close to it now. Nothing big yet though.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Not tidal effects then. Just gravitational force.

Knowing the basics of Newton's equation, that force is inversely proportionate to the square of distance. And knowing that the difference in distance between the Moon and two places a few thousand miles apart on the side of the Earth facing it is pretty small in comparison to the overall distance to the Moon... I think you'll find that the difference is really, really small. Perigee or not.

Tidal forces are what make the Earth flex.
Tidal forces are what flex Europa enough to keep its ocean liquid.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Right now the Moon is directly over Columbia. It is true that, right now Columbia is experiencing maximum tidal expansion. So is Indonesia.

Meanwhile, two other places (Cape Verde is one of them, I think) are getting the maximum compaction. Which one should get the earthquake?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Right now the Moon is directly over Columbia. It is true that, right now Columbia is experiencing maximum tidal expansion. So is Indonesia.

Meanwhile, two other places (Cape Verde is one of them, I think) are getting the maximum compaction. Which one should get the earthquake?

How many nukes would it take for Chicago to drown under the moon's gravity?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Maybe this will support the op.

MEXICO CITY — Popocatépetl, the active volcano that rises some 40 miles southeast of the Mexican capital, exploded Monday night, sending a plume of ash and gas more than two miles into the inky sky and raining glowing rocks onto its slopes.

This occurred on the night of March 19th.
NYT

Or maybe it is just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Or maybe it is just a coincidence.

"Just" a coincidence?
You have something against coincidences?
Every have the phone ring when you get in the shower. Does the shower make your phone ring?

That wasn't a rant, btw. But it might appear so. That volcano erupts about as often as some people shower.

edit on 3/21/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Not a rant,just a condiscendance,eh phage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join