It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practically an entire Oklahoma sheriff’s office just quit.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well...finally good news involving the boys in blue. A sheriff with integrity! This is unheard of in this day and age.

We should be very proud of this Sheriff for putting the welfare of staff and inmates above personal gain. And we should be just as ashamed of the judge for not doing so.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I’d argue that under the Hobbs Act the bureau can absolutely investigate the claims made. Particularly if the state AG appears reluctant to do so.

Doesn’t really matter, though. So far there’s no word whether any agency at all intends to investigate the allegations.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No if your going to whine about American prisons.

Foreign prisons are a hell of a lot worse.

Fine. But if you're not going to praise the story because you think our prisoners are pampered, then at least get behind it because it shows there is at least one pocket of people in our country of diminishing rights and freedoms who will stand up against and confront systematic corruption.

I think that is the point of featuring the story. If even half of governmental and civic organizations had brave people who would take a stand against corruption, our institutions wouldn't be the corrupt farces that they are today.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So far there’s no word whether any agency at all intends to investigate the allegations.

And this is a problem. If no official agency ever gets involved, is there anything the citizens could do?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Uhhh... if this person is the sheriff. Then why didn't the sheriff investigate and gather evidence of the bribery attempt?

Then go to the fbi if the sheriff didn't trust the DA to prosecute the judge?

There's more to this story.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, well, we're not in a foreign country. We're in the USA. We do better than that or let the heavens fall.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It looks like judges are an elected position in Oklahoma. So I guess they could at least be voted out of office even if they never receive a true punishment.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It would be kind of hard to prove the case without using a wire. That would require a judge's signature.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Is this something the FBI would investigate?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Interesting... I just pulled the inmate phone records and the last call made from that facility was March 11 in the Day Room... We own the inmate telephone system there so I can access all of that. I'll shoot my salesman for that region a text and see if he knows anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yeah,I saw that. This judge ran unopposed last time around and if the same thing happens again, the citizens aren't given any sort of recourse.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well she got elected. Now she is revealing the corruption. So far so good.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well it sounds like there's a former sheriff down there that's recently out of a job...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'll be interested to see ATS' reaction to this. A few years ago when a judge found the conditions of the Maricopa County Jail to be unconstitutional the general consensus on here was that it didn't matter because these people were criminals.

I wonder if they'll feel that way in this case or if they were simply using that as an excuse in the past so they didn't have to condemn alt-Right hero Joe Arpaio.

Either way, if the claims are proven true, then good on the sheriff and her department. Hopefully this judge goes to jail for a long time.

Sue "Terry" was the new Sheriff there, too...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'll be interested to see ATS' reaction to this. A few years ago when a judge found the conditions of the Maricopa County Jail to be unconstitutional the general consensus on here was that it didn't matter because these people were criminals.

I wonder if they'll feel that way in this case or if they were simply using that as an excuse in the past so they didn't have to condemn alt-Right hero Joe Arpaio.

Either way, if the claims are proven true, then good on the sheriff and her department. Hopefully this judge goes to jail for a long time.

There is a big difference between CO2 poisoning and electrocution compared to wearing pink jail clothes and sitting in the heat wouldn’t you say?
I guess you are a big proponent of making the criminals as comfortable as possible.
Maybe you could volunteer to go down and give foot rubs to the prisoners.

HAH! I almost choked on my World's Finest Crisp bar.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From the little bit of scratching around I have done, it seems to me this would be the organization which would be responsible for looking into this:

The Agents and Analysts of the OSBI Investigative Services Division provide a range of criminal investigative assistance to law enforcement throughout the state. The most common types of crimes investigated include homicide, suspicious deaths, officer-involved shootings and use of force, public corruption, crimes against children, and sex offenses. Pursuant to Oklahoma law, the OSBI is an assisting agency and can only respond to requests for investigations from:

Law Enforcement
District Attorneys
Governor of Oklahoma
Attorney General
Council on Judicial Complaints
Legislative Committee with subpoena powers
Director of Department of Human Services
Chief Medical Examiner

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation

Considering that the Sheriff has resigned, I suppose that mean thats the OSBI would not respond to a request for investigation? Hopefully the sheriff initiated a request before she left, if not the citizens of that county might not have much in the hope for justice to be served.

If I were a citizen of this county, I would be writing the state Attorney General in the hopes of getting some attention to the situation.
edit on 20-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: additional commentary

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
a reply to: RazorV66 I'm sure you'd love to sit in a tent in 110+ degree weather. We don't have to go the extra mile to make people feel comfortable but we don't need to torture them either.

It's not as bad as you think. Ever spent a few hours in an attic in the middle of a Louisiana summer? Your dripping sweat cools you off and your arms look more defined all beaded up with sweat.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You're telling me. That they couldn't of gotten the signature from a state or federal judge?

If there's a clear pattern of corruption. The sheriff should of gone to the state or federal level and asked for help.
edit on 20-3-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The sheriff said in one interview she knew the county had some pretty rampant corruption, and her election platform was built on trying to change that.

We can see how well that went.

Seems weak on the sheriff.... Why not bring in the feds and wire up the Sheriff to get this corruption recorded and push for federal violations. Looks to be a she said he said right now... The sheriff would have been the best choice "going along" with the corruption until the noose is pulled on many.

edit on 20-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

lol.. No thank you on the attic bit. I think I'd die in 3 minutes. I did live in Maricopa county for several years though. That was bad enough.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join