It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O’Rourke: ‘A Lot of Wisdom’ in Abolishing Electoral College

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Jesus!

I've never seen a population of sore-assed losers like the miserable cry-baby leftists.

Pathetic!

If anyone would have told me 2.5 year later they would still be this butt hurt I wouldn't have believed it. Ive seen people move on quicker when a spouse cheated on them with someone they considered a friend. Its amazing they just cant let it go. TDS is real and not one day goes by they do not show signs of it.

edit on 21-3-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

This is "reee" on an epic scale.

People actually want to subvert the US Constitution because of hurt feels.

If I were them, I'd be embarrassed.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Let me repeat;

The MAJORITY of people in the MAJORITY of counties in the MAJORITY of states voted for Trump.

The MAJORITY of states.

The leftist assholes want to negate state rights.

They want to abolish the 10th Amendment.

All because Hillary lost.

Butt-hurt whine-babies all.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If anyone would have told me 2.5 year later they would still be this butt hurt I wouldn't have believed it. I

They're still whining about the 2000 election.

Sore losers is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nothing we do to the electoral college, or any other part of our political system, is going to make a bit of difference until we fix the really big stupid things wrong with it.

No illegal aliens vote.
No "hanging chad must be a vote for a democrat".
No "discovered" ballots after the reporting time has passed.
Anyone proven to have committed election fraud can not work at polling places, register voters, or vote.
The first votes to be collected, tallied and reported should be from our military. Not a single civilian vote should be counted until all the people serving this nation have been accounted for and their voice has been heard.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Why does he go by beto?

so he can appropriate some minorities culture,
similar to what elizabeth, i swear im cherokee, warren has done

The general dumb public fall for it.

This guy seems exactly like Trudeau in Canada.

A walking politically correct joke.

Its almost like he is rolling

Tear down walls
Im ashamed of being white
Fantasy stories of running over kids
Terrorist lives matter...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Let me repeat;

The MAJORITY of people in the MAJORITY of counties in the MAJORITY of states voted for Trump.

The MAJORITY of states.

They will still be fighting trumps win in his 4th year.

And hopefully he gets another 4.

That would be 8 years of liberal Democrats just working to hurt the president of the United states.

What losers...all.should be fired cause obviously they have a ton of free time

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool rather than open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
That ones for you Beato
(saying is from various sources)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Why does he go by beto?

Well that's just stupid...

He's from El Paso. Beto is a nickname for given names Alberto, Albertino, Berthony, Heriberto, Norberto, Roberto or Humberto. He's had the nickname since he was a kid.

ETA - This site sucks so bad now. All the pop up ads and performance issues. I remember now why I haven't been posting here. C-Ya!

it is stupid
his name is robert not roberto
robert francis o'rourke
common hispanic name, no?
funny he didn't use that nickname in college, only when he ran for office for the house in a district 75% hispanic
nice how you guys pick an choose what is cultural appropriation and what isnt
even when it stares you right in the face

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
a reply to: shooterbrody

You are literally just making stuff up because you dont actually have any idea what you are talking about. The Democrats have been pointing out the stupidity of the EC for many years. Just because you ignored politics until your favorite reality tv star became president doesnt mean they didnt exist.

have they?
please by all means show me any video of hillary or bernie raging against the ec prior to the last presidential election....
i will wait.......

as far as ignoring politics have a look at this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
dec 15,2015

you are full of crap

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Why does he go by beto?

Well that's just stupid...

He's from El Paso. Beto is a nickname for given names Alberto, Albertino, Berthony, Heriberto, Norberto, Roberto or Humberto. He's had the nickname since he was a kid.

ETA - This site sucks so bad now. All the pop up ads and performance issues. I remember now why I haven't been posting here. C-Ya!

it is stupid
his name is robert not roberto
robert francis o'rourke
common hispanic name, no?
funny he didn't use that nickname in college, only when he ran for office for the house in a district 75% hispanic
nice how you guys pick an choose what is cultural appropriation and what isnt
even when it stares you right in the face

So you decided to double down on the stupid eh?

How do you say Robert in Spanish?

Growing up with the Hispanic kids in El Passo, they gave him a nickname. He didn't appropriate it, it was given to him.

And no he didn't use his nickname for college. Did you use your nickname on your college papers? I don't think my professors would have appreciated it if I used "f*ckin' mick" on my college papers.

And I have no idea who "you guys" is....
Want to try for best out of three?

Ted Cruz - real name is Rafael, from Canada. You gonna claim that he's appropriating as well?

edit on 22-3-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Barcs

Trump lost the popular vote and that shows something is majorly wrong with the electoral college when it doesn't reflect who the majority of people vote for. Dems are trying to get rid of it because they have an unfair advantage, plus many people don't vote because their votes don't count.

That something "wrong" is what our forefathers built in as part of keeping the independence of each state. The number that skews the popular vote is the 2 votes per state by their senators, no more no less. Each state is equal under the union so each get 2 votes, then the house splits the 435 base on population, but states will still get at lease one population vote.

So when CA gets 55 votes with about 40 million people and Wyoming get 3 votes with 600k that is where you might see things wrong, but the reality is they are so right. If we just went with one vote per 500k then Wyoming would get 1 and CA would have 80, those 80 votes would over ride 32 other states that would get 1 to 8 votes each.

Yeah, because they have more people and hence more individual votes. Why should it matter what states are more densely populated? I still think every vote should be 1 vote. We are ONE country picking a leader. Every individual's voice should be heard. The reason so many people don't vote is because of that system where voting red in a blue state is pointless just like voting blue in a red state.

Doing it popular vote would only increase voter turnout and give everyone a voice instead of giving pieces of land a voice. EC also leads to candidates pandering to swing states while ignoring tons of others. People's votes only really count in swing states, and it makes the system a sham.

edit on 3 22 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I am not advocating for a true democracy where mob really does rule and determine policies. All I'm saying is that for a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, it should be decided by what the majority of people in the US want. I understand how it works, I just think it's due for reform. Penalizing states for having higher populations is not fair. It's archaic. We don't need to worry about states joining the union anymore. That's in the ancient past. We need to look to the future.

Lol the President is the only position that does not use the popular vote so what are you talking about not wanting to go full democracy. The President of the United States...you know those 50 independent States that share equal powers under the federal Government?

And the president is the one position that SHOULD.

In a true democracy majority has full power over everything, including policy and law. We are a republic. Electing a country's leader should reflect what the people want. That doesn't mean they should have absolute rule. The system is archaic and no longer makes sense. We are 1 nation.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Mach2
It would be "dumb", if the United States were a true democracy.

It is a representative republic of independent states.

What is so hard to understand about this concept.

Our president is the president of the states, not of the individual people. That is why we use an EC.

Why would a state, say Wyoming, or Rhode Island, for example, join the republic in the first place, if this were not the case?

We don't need to worry about states joining the union anymore.

No with what your suggesting you'll just have to worry about them leaving.

The chance of that happening is pretty much nil.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is "reee" on an epic scale.

People actually want to subvert the US Constitution because of hurt feels.

If I were them, I'd be embarrassed.

Subvert the constitution? You mean like all these religious policies Trump is creating that allow discrimination based on religion or sexual preference?

Let me repeat;

The MAJORITY of states.

I care about human rights over the rights of LAND MASS. Sorry.

edit on 3 22 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If anyone would have told me 2.5 year later they would still be this butt hurt I wouldn't have believed it. I

They're still whining about the 2000 election.

Sore losers is an understatement.

Because you guys never whined about Obama, right? He was portrayed as the anti-christ on here while Trump is on the level of Jesus. This insanity needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Growing up with the Hispanic kids in El Passo, they gave him a nickname.

So that is a straight up lie.
Try again.

He only became "beto" when running for congress, when it was convenient in a majority Hispanic district.

www.vox.com...

But since it is a dem it is ok......some display of stretchery.....

"Ted" Cruz is a butthole.
Still better than "beto".

edit on 22/3/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Try again.

He only became "beto" when running for congress, when it was convenient in a majority Hispanic district.

www.vox.com...

Actually, that VOX article would indicate that he did, indeed, go by that nickname as a child.

I think he's a left wingnut, but it seems the name preceded his political career.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Try again.

www.vox.com...

Actually, that VOX article would indicate that he did, indeed, go by that nickname as a child.

I think he's a left wingnut, but it seems the name preceded his political career.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Actually that VOX article in no way says he was given that nickname by hispanic children in el paso as was claimed.

Interesting difference in signitures examined in said article.
Turn it on and off like a light switch.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join