It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O’Rourke: ‘A Lot of Wisdom’ in Abolishing Electoral College

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Growing up with the Hispanic kids in El Passo, they gave him a nickname.

So that is a straight up lie.
Try again.

He only became "beto" when running for congress, when it was convenient in a majority Hispanic district.

www.vox.com...

But since it is a dem it is ok......some display of stretchery.....

"Ted" Cruz is a butthole.
Still better than "beto".

Hahaha... you callin me a liar bro?

Maybe you should try again.... you're three for three in the stupid category.

If you’re not convinced by the childhood photo of the sweater-clad O’Rourke, consider the recollections of former journalist Gary Scharrer, who worked for the El Paso Times in the 1980s.

During that time, Scharrer covered O’Rourke’s father, Pat, who served from 1978-82 as a county commissioner and from 1982-86 as county judge. Scharrer remembers a young Beto O’Rourke, then around 8 or 9 years old, tagging along with his father.

“He was introduced to me as ‘Beto.’ I knew him as ‘Beto,’” Scharrer said. “It’s absurd for anyone to suggest that it (the name) is a fabrication.”

He's right you know... it's absurd... Just like arguing with morons.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yep
as you posted this wopper

Growing up with the Hispanic kids in El Passo, they gave him a nickname. He didn't appropriate it, it was given to him.

perhaps it is just a language difference and you did not intend to lie?

your stupidity is awesome

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Mach2

Actually that VOX article in no way says he was given that nickname by hispanic children in el paso as was claimed.

Interesting difference in signitures examined in said article.
Turn it on and off like a light switch.

Whatever... He's had the nickname forever. Get over it.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

yep

Growing up with the Hispanic kids in El Passo, they gave him a nickname. He didn't appropriate it, it was given to him.

This isn't a lie?

He only became "beto" when running for congress, when it was convenient in a majority Hispanic district.

You're just making # up... like someone else pointed out earlier. It's pathetic.

link   

yep

This isn't a lie?

You're just making # up... like someone else pointed out earlier. It's pathetic.

link   

yeah
that is what I thought
cant back up your lies it becomes "Whatever"

Own it

and you called others stupid
what an egg

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
you were right about this

I don't think my professors would have appreciated it if I used "f*ckin' mick" on my college papers.

and it appears to be an accurate description of you

at least you "micks" stick together

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Yeah, because they have more people and hence more individual votes. Why should it matter what states are more densely populated? I still think every vote should be 1 vote. We are ONE country picking a leader. Every individual's voice should be heard. The reason so many people don't vote is because of that system where voting red in a blue state is pointless just like voting blue in a red state.

This is so hard to get the point across to you, but lets try. America is like 50 independent countries, just like the EU. They all have borders, a president (Governor), and military (guard), congress, supreme court, taxes and so on. If you are the resident of CA you have ZERO say in what any other state wants to do...zero say... The 40 million people in CA have zero say in any other state or country...

Can you see my point here?

Now take the EU, they have 5 presidents and ALL are elected not by the popular vote, otherwise Germany's 80 million would dominate most of the other 27 countries. Countries that are independent of each other, just like our states are. To suggest CA can tell AZ what to do would be like Germany telling France what to do...not going to happen.

To give Germany or CA the popular vote in the position(s) that rule over 28 countries or 50 states is giving them the power to rule most of the other states/countries in the union. This is why all elections are popular voted except the president that represents all 50 states and not the population of one or two states.

The highest position in the EU is held by a person from a country with 600k people, do you find that fair, unfair or moot?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh plz... you've told several blatant lies on this thread. I only made the mistake of giving credit to Hispanic kids instead of his parents. BFD,... and plz point out where I called anyone stupid... directly. If you claim it, that's not my problem. Go back to your RAGE and REEEEEEE!!! If it makes you feel like you're making a difference, or gives some kind of meaning to your life, by all means, keep up the good work.... hahahaha...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

you were right about this

I don't think my professors would have appreciated it if I used "f*ckin' mick" on my college papers.

and it appears to be an accurate description of you

at least you "micks" stick together

Ahhh... your racism is showing. Now we're getting somewhere... You feeling a bit irritated?

edit on 22-3-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Oh plz... you've told several blatant lies on this thread. I only made the mistake of giving credit to Hispanic kids instead of his parents. BFD,... and plz point out where I called anyone stupid... directly. If you claim it, that's not my problem. Go back to your RAGE and REEEEEEE!!! If it makes you feel like you're making a difference, or gives some kind of meaning to your life, by all means, keep up the good work.... hahahaha...

at least you admitted it
more than I expected

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
We are 1 nation.

We are 50 united states formed into a union with each state independent of the others and each state shares equal powers with the others. A popular vote for the President destroys that, so is that what you are wanting?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ahhh... your racism is showing. Now we're getting somewhere... You feeling a bit irritated?

not really
quoted you
and pointed out your common bond

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

not really
quoted you
and pointed out your common bond

Nah bro... I know what you meant. It's pretty obvious that you have a racial bias. You're not very good at hiding it. Didn't take much prodding to bring it to the surface.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
lol
na bro just quoting you brah
lol

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Nah bro... I know what you meant. It's pretty obvious that you have a racial bias. You're not very good at hiding it. Didn't take much prodding to bring it to the surface.

Doesn't everyone have racial bias? It's human nature of 200,000 years of pack/tribal mentality. The problem is with some group bias is seen as OK or the right thing to have while groups are attacked for the same damn thing...

edit on 22-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

So you're one of those who don't like the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Got it you still don't understand how the EC works... if Hillary runs a halfway decent campaign she wins in a walk..

Trump had to flip 2 historically democrat states in order to win with the "unfair" EC according to you, the democrats have a huge advantage in the EC, as it stands right now the democrats must pay attention to the fly over states, to do it the way you want they would just ignore half the country.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Dude, I know how it was set up originally. I understand the theory behind it. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with it or see it as a flawed system in 2019.

1 person = 1 person. People's views are not just determined by their area. There are tons of republicans in California, but in all likelihood most of them do not vote in presidential elections because they know the state is going blue. Popular vote allows their voices to be heard. It will lead to higher voter turnout and I honestly do not think it will be as lopsided as people think. Many previously unheard republican voices will be heard. Same with democrat voices.

EC negates at least 40% of people's votes across America because if you aren't in a swing state, your vote is meaningless. That is the biggest flaw of it. States are not separate countries, they all fall under that same federal government. It's not comparable to EU.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Got it you still don't understand how the EC works... if Hillary runs a halfway decent campaign she wins in a walk..

"I disagree with this system" is not the equivalent of "I don't understand it." This is like citing the federal law against smoking herb after I say that I disagree with the law. I very much understand it.

Trump had to flip 2 historically democrat states in order to win with the "unfair" EC according to you, the democrats have a huge advantage in the EC, as it stands right now the democrats must pay attention to the fly over states, to do it the way you want they would just ignore half the country.

They can ignore quite a bit of the country. Again, some states flip here and there, but there are many where there is no chance of it, and thus is discouraging people from voting. I'm arguing against it because it's a bad system which suppresses many voters on both sides, not because it favors republicans or democrats.

edit on 3 23 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join