It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WHITE PEOPLE want to play a Digeradoo its RACIST!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've posted two brief clips of my attempts to play the didgeridoo on ATS, but I always made sure to post clips of aboriginal musicians playing it before or afterwards (about ten clips by now).

To me if you recognize the cultural source of the instrument, it is just as little "appropriation" as quoting academic sources while giving the original author and text is "plagiarism".

If anything it is also a form of promoting authors and musicians on a global forum.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
All music should be shared by every human. Music doesnt carry race.

Thread is completely inappropriate

edit on 20-3-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just marking the thread for future reading. Hoping I can glean a little of the mythology involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I made my own didgeridoo from a couple of PVC pipes I got at Home Depot. It worked pretty good, but I never really got good enough to do that circular breathing thing to basically keep it buzzing for as long as you wanted. I kept getting too dizzy.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is that what a "rusty trumpet" is?

C’mon. Grow up. It’s “rusty trombone”.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can't tell if ur are being extremely sarcastic, or just plain idiotic. I'm so confused!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Have you not heard of Rittz? One of the best rappers in the game right now imo.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

So was this thread sarcasm, a troll or serious. I really am not sure lol.

Cheers - Dave

Yes!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Aye so the Chinese and Egyptians didn't own pets ?

I'm thinking you are just being satirical to emphasise how ridiculous cultural appropriation is ?

Well, the sub-plot of how ridiculous humans behaviors can be, especially when all 'evils' of human nature certain people act like its inherent to only whites. Then of course the main plot of this "cultural appropriation" madness. Following the logic, Egyptians and Iraqi's should still have heated rage filled arguments over who stole the plow from who... the real irony of course being that nobody alive is even in a position to pretend like they have any claim over what people from their general area got up to 5000 years ago.

edit on 20-3-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

i remembered that first video do you know what happened to the woman in the video just curious

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
If it’s accepted cultural appropriation for whitey to wear dreadlocks, wear clothes with designs from other cultures, play musical instruments from other races etc, then surely that goes both ways?

World Trade is RACIST!!!

United Statesians are the most RACIST as they import everything. Even their drug habits are RACIST!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I made my own didgeridoo from a couple of PVC pipes I got at Home Depot. It worked pretty good, but I never really got good enough to do that circular breathing thing to basically keep it buzzing for as long as you wanted. I kept getting too dizzy.

Did you get the WHITE pvc pipe or the grey stuff??

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Is it racist for people of color to play the piano ? This is crazy stuff

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Is it racist for people of color to play the piano ? This is crazy stuff

No. People of color CANT be racist.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's very simple kids:

Rule #1 - If white people enjoy something from the culture of people of another color, that's racist.

Rule #2 - If white people openly enjoy only things from other white people cultures, that's also racist.

Mae sense?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
As a percussionist that is majority white, I have dabbled in so many percussion instruments from every corner of the globe, to my better knowledge and understanding as a musician.
How is this inappropriate?

Sounds like you're majority [the most racist person like ever-.

As a builder, I sometimes use metric screws, especially when I work with people from other parts of the world, as I did recently with a South African puppeteer. Am I culturally appropriating their system of measurement, because I can use it?

Now that you mention it, the Metric System was invented by a white creature, meaning its RACIST and should be banned at once.

Your post OP is one of the most Racist if not the most racist post against aboriginal culture I have seen. If you are an aussie no wonder we are branded as racists.

Retract your statements, cool down and have a really good think about what you are saying.

kind regards as always,

bally

But it was supposed to be the most racist thing against white people ever.

What warped version of reality have you prescribed to??

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hopefully though the Scottish can make sure that they only can play the Bagpipes and only in Scotland it will help contain the noise.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
As a percussionist that is majority white, I have dabbled in so many percussion instruments from every corner of the globe, to my better knowledge and understanding as a musician.
How is this inappropriate?

Sounds like you're majority [the most racist person like ever-.

As a builder, I sometimes use metric screws, especially when I work with people from other parts of the world, as I did recently with a South African puppeteer. Am I culturally appropriating their system of measurement, because I can use it?

Now that you mention it, the Metric System was invented by a white creature, meaning its RACIST and should be banned at once.

Your post OP is one of the most Racist if not the most racist post against aboriginal culture I have seen. If you are an aussie no wonder we are branded as racists.

Retract your statements, cool down and have a really good think about what you are saying.

kind regards as always,

bally

But it was supposed to be the most racist thing against white people ever.

What warped version of reality have you prescribed to??

Nothing warped. But throughout this Op I have learned that it was bait. I won't bite in future. You are right. You win.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think he is right here, because essentially this happened to the entire hiphop community the corporate world stole from the culture, cashed in on everyones ideas and then dropped it when the next best thing came along

Give me a break...you cant be serious...taken to that level then Anthropologists should give royalties from their books back to the people they study.

The Catholic Church should also compensate pagan deities as they built many temples on old pagan sites.

Sounds more like sour grapes that some got lucrative recording deals while others didn't.

Lets also not forget that a lot of that music uses sampling

Does sampling fall under fair use? Fair use is the right to copy a portion of a copyrighted work without permission because your use is for a limited purpose, such as for educational use in a classroom or to comment upon, criticize, or parody the work being sampled

you wrote

this is what is taught in hiphop and for example graffiti and breakin I learned about the roots of breakin and its history before I even learned to do a six step and a freeze I read about the history of graffiti before I even sprayed a wall!

Should a conductor orchestrating Sibelius acknowledge Tschaikovsky?

www.quora.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join