It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WHITE PEOPLE want to play a Digeradoo its RACIST!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You cannot nowadays satire racism these days. I am no White Devil.

Why?

Cultural appropriation happens all over the world and has for many years. I call it adjustment and adaption. Some people can't do that. The didge isn't patented as far as I know, nor the boomerang, spear, woomera, nulla nulla. Like religion, no one person is the specific owner, only a leader to bring more into the fold.

Couldn't agree more. For a brain teaser, what exactly is American culture?

On more question, is cultural appropriation a bad or good thing, in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm selling mine if anyone is interested, I just can't get the breathing technique right.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

There's a local artiest here on the gulf coast. He calls himself the mad violinist.

Black guy that plays the violin. en.wikipedia.org...

If using an instrument created by an italian person makes this black man raciest, I don't even care.
I will listen to him anyway because he is amazing!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Being an American is essentially cultural appropriation in its absolute form.

You make an excellent point here.

The very spirit of america is one of inclusion.
Taking the best of what the world has to offer and making it our own.

I think it's beautiful and as far away from racism as it is possible to get.
Emulating each other. Becoming part of them while they become part of us is an amazing way to live.
And I'm glad to be a part of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You cannot nowadays satire racism these days. I am no White Devil.

Why?

You needn't have asked that question Sir Jin. We are talking about nowadays. Satirical comments, while used decades ago, and considered a joke are taken out of context unless face to face. You don't have to look hard, Twitter, Facebook etc. Now I'm satirical of my Neighbor (Czech born). Most Aussie person you could meet but I call him 'Woggy". He loves it, but, if it was someone else, who he didn't know, he would take offence. He is Australian. Being labelled as a 'White Devil' or 'Monster' comes to a point where satirical remarks become offensive and racist. What was the point of these comments? Sure, I am white but my whole family have been integrated into an aboriginal family. Like my white family upbringing, I stick up for them and don't mess with them.

Cultural appropriation happens all over the world and has for many years. I call it adjustment and adaption. Some people can't do that. The didge isn't patented as far as I know, nor the boomerang, spear, woomera, nulla nulla. Like religion, no one person is the specific owner, only a leader to bring more into the fold.

Couldn't agree more. For a brain teaser, what exactly is American culture?

Sorry sir, I am not familiar with American Culture

On more question, is cultural appropriation a bad or good thing, in your opinion?

A good thing for integration. Multicultural Societies flourish. I desire that all adjust and adapt to there environment and respect each culture equally. In some localities this works. In others it's a dilemma. Over time, like 'woggy' the integration is quite remarkable. He won an outdoor Australian Camp Cooking Competition with his mothers Czech dish. 2 prizes, "Most popular" and "Judges Choice". He adjusted and adapted and I adjusted and adapted to him like a good mate.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, by all means, today, be satirical but careful of the printed comments.

my kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I (wadjula) got taught to play the didge by a Noongah, he played footy for Freo, use to sit around at lunch time practicing on telco conduit.
Take all this stuff with a pinch of salt

You know, the Noongar language, having no formal written version and simply an ancient language passed down throughout time, spells things differently all over the place?

I always knew Noongar as Nyungar. It was moorditj, unna, and no one minded. Now everywhere it's Noongar.

And Wadjela was Wetjala. I still spell it that way, despite the more common spelling now. Better call the manatj.. (originally meaning white cockatoo, as the white police back in the day wore those funny hats that to the Aborigines appeared like a cockatoo's head, but is now said more like monarch, so most assume it meant references the English coppers)

Just an aside.. Who is appropriating whose language here, I wonder..

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I get your stance and don't disagree at all.

That's why personally I shrug off all this cultural appropriation as some sort of call for racism. It's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I (wadjula) got taught to play the didge by a Noongah, he played footy for Freo, use to sit around at lunch time practicing on telco conduit.
Take all this stuff with a pinch of salt

You know, the Noongar language, having no formal written version and simply an ancient language passed down throughout time, spells things differently all over the place?

I always knew Noongar as Nyungar. It was moorditj, unna, and no one minded. Now everywhere it's Noongar.

And Wadjela was Wetjala. I still spell it that way, despite the more common spelling now. Better call the manatj.. (originally meaning white cockatoo, as the white police back in the day wore those funny hats that to the Aborigines appeared like a cockatoo's head, but is now said more like monarch, so most assume it meant references the English coppers)

Just an aside.. Who is appropriating whose language here, I wonder..

That's awesome Gallop. You know your stuff.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That's why personally I shrug off all this cultural appropriation as some sort of call for racism. It's ridiculous.

Nice words indeed,

Thank you Jin,

bally

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

In this context, it certainly is racism. I don't see any rednecks yelling about ethnic people driving pickup trucks or drinking cheap beer.

( No offence to TheRedneck..
)

But we sure do hear it from the folk who want division to show their unity.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I grew up on the streets on Perth, with both the good and bad of everyone.

Spent most of my time in the state ref, learning things.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Which context is that?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

I grew up on the streets on Perth, with both the good and bad of everyone.

Spent most of my time in the state ref, learning things.

Ahh! Nothing like life's experience. Good on ya mate, sounds like your a real trooper.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Which context is that?

The current, global context. Where it is used as a battering ram to ostracise people who are otherwise embracing others culture.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Ah, I could surely see that viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It's a headbutt
I wouldn't give your wife one of those.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

@ 5.20 the didgeridoo is assisted by "white man privilege" minor chord progression to make it more marketable and more palatable to a wider audience.

Was credit given to 100's of years of western music tradition?

Didn't think so

@0.19 the black student??? touches the white student and obstructs him from going about his lawful business

"detaining him without due cause"

The white student should press assault charges

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash

It's a headbutt
I wouldn't give your wife one of those.

Well, again, you've got me here. So, what do you mean by that?

bally

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

There was a young college student last year white girl at a prom she wore a Chinese dress she posted a picture of herself and some Chinese dude berated her for cultural appropriation.....I found it funny that the guy was wearing jeans and a t shirt in his Twitter pic.
I'm going to get more garb from around the world to piss off idiots.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

A Scottish kiss is a headbutt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join