It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest: best defense for Trump's SNL Twitter freak out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

That aside, snl has never demonstrated this much obvious political bias

They arent displaying bias. They have parodied politics for as long as they have been on the air.
Presidents and presidential candidates and loads of wanna bes have been parodied on SNL.
Republicans and democrats alike.
Some have even played against the talent portraying them in skits. As when Hillary Clinton played a bar tender to Kate McKinnons Clinton portraial.
Its always been in good fun until Mr Party Pooper came along lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I thought his tweets were to entertain liberals...

Maybe its only me who thinks its hysterical?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

They have all moved on to George Conway. The next new enemy of trump.
Now he's all up in Conways marriage saying hes the worst sort of husband or some crap.
When hes not railing that Robert Mueller is leading a (((((((WITCH HUNT))))))).
Or going toe to toe with a deceased war hero.

The president on twitter this weekend was an embarrassment. He was unhinged.

If it had been a teenage child of mine I would have taken their phone away.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It is funny how the media, Hollywood and academia are an extremely small portion of the population, but have the largest voice by far over 330+ million, and all three had basically freaked out at about 10 seconds after Trump hit 270 votes. It still goes on today as their #1 goal is to fight trump on everything to remove him at all cost (their words). The reason they want his removal is only because they lost and those groups never lose, so it is tough on them to reconcile with the reality that once in their lives they did not get what they demanded.

Their funnies are not the ha ha funny stuff, it is vindictive and spiteful hate due to their loss. It is also an agenda to constantly push their narratives using friend or foe style of attacks to accomplish, once again, their #1 goal to remove him at all cost.

Trump is a basic New Yorker that strikes back anytime he is attacked, and though I see that as a fault in him, it is just the way he is. The other side is he sees his reactionary attacks as free publicity, and that was very successful for him during his Presidential run.

The bottom line is he can back off on the tweets, but he is not going to, so get over it, don't follow etc. if they bother you so much...

edit on 20-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not to worry the Russian bots are working overtime to level the playing field.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

You describe your president as someone who intentionally pisses of a section of his OWN nation and people, so much for unity, i myself can not understand that principle, but I am not from the US maybe thats why, do you like pissing people of for fun?

Actually, I do. I know. I'm an asshole.

But, I'm no big Trump guy. I did think it'd be good to have an outsider and gave him the chance to prove he'd do what he said.

A few years on and Hillary is still free (I'd have settled for just making sure there is one justice for everyone), there's no enhanced border security (I'd have settled for ANYTHING that helped secure our borders), there's been no real reform in anything....

The economy is doing well, but I have studied a little bit about this and I'm not so sure he had anything to do with it (neither did Obama, so no hatin') or if it has more to do with a more cyclical flow of things and certain tech/energy/international pressures/issues. DPRK is still playing us as usual so that's a break-even for Trump, I guess. No missiles is good, but that was never really the issue for US national security anyway. The NorKs will screw us in the next 6 months or so. Watch. They're like clockwork.

He has, however, in my opinion, screwed the pooch on most military/security calls he's made. Unlike the econ stuff I read a little bit about mentioned above, I have a lot of real world experience in many of the places where he's way off in his thinking. Not only that, but he disregards the knowledge of people like Mattis or others who have actually BEEN there and have real-world experience. That's worse in my opinion and as those things started piling up, that's when I regretted voting for him.

I also have a personal issue with hypocrites. I overlooked that in him in the hopes he'd make some real change (or at least follow through EFFECTIVELY on anything). Mistake.

Now, I'm sure you all will let me know how stupid I am for not understanding 20-D chess or his plans to stop the reptilians and bring down all things Pizza. Go ahead. I have had much scarier people try to actually kill me, so I can take it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Now he's all up in Conways marriage saying hes the worst sort of husband or some crap.

Now I KNOW something's seriously wrong!

I never NEVER agree with this person and I'm not even sure they're real (or at least separate from other users here); but.... I have to admit, Silly has a point here.

What purpose does going after this idiot husband serve?

God, I want to slap myself for being misled by this douche; and he truly is a douche. I am really NOT that dumb (I tell myself).

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Not to worry the Russian bots are working overtime to level the playing field.

Well they better think about spending more than 250k as they did in the last election...lol 250k...I about crapped from laughing so hard for us to hold senate hearings on something like that. I bet we invest 1000X that in our meddling in other elections.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

So, what, about a 45 second speech? This isn't really worth a thread but to each his own.

I like seeing the left flip over Trump tweets so this'll work.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

He has, however, in my opinion, screwed the pooch on most military/security calls he's made.

Like what?

but he disregards the knowledge of people like Mattis or others who have actually BEEN there and have real-world experience. That's worse in my opinion and as those things started piling up, that's when I regretted voting for him.

Kennedy went against his whole military in not attacking the Russians over Cuba..do you think he was wrong in doing so? Trump does work on his campaign promises its like his #1 priority and you suggest he isn't? lol One of Trump's promises was to get out of our wars...campaign promise, like what people voted him to do...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Who care's one way or another?

Well obviously Mr. Trump. Is that to short a reply, if so I will stretch it out to comply with site rules

This was at least his second rant against SNL using almost the same words. How many times he has brought that program up in his rallies likely adds at least a few more times.
So that leads me to think that he cares.

Of course he cares, it's about him. People don't like being joked about, and I'm sure after more than 2 solid years it gets very old. This is exactly what he says at his rallies in about 45 seconds.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

No defense necessary. Snl has sucked for the better part of 20 years now. He should sign an executive order to remove snl from the air for their own good.

That aside, snl has never demonstrated this much obvious political bias. Same with comedy central. I was just chatting with my attorney only 6 or so months back and asked why these tv channels do not have to register as political action committees for no other reason than the value of air time given to persuade viewers into democrat ideologies. He agrees that given the imbalance the broadcasting could be considered in-kind contributions to a particular party.

I never thought about that, makes a lot of sense though.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You describe your president as someone who intentionally pisses of a section of his OWN nation and people, so much for unity, i myself can not understand that principle, but I am not from the US maybe thats why, do you like pissing people of for fun?

If they spend the majority of their time talking negatively about me, yes. If Trump didn't react, they would say he only stays quiet because he's guilty of everything. He takes the normal path and talks crap back to them.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
He is perhaps the most fragile snowflake in this nation.

I read an article a couple of days ago that said SNL was going to start beginning every episode with a presidential trigger warning. Could've been satire. Hard to tell these days.

Also this.

"I'll vote for him so long as he keeps triggering teh lib'raulz"

"Obama divided this country!"

Yeah sure. I bet if half of this country lied about you and bashed you and your family on a constant daily basis for over 2 years you would take it like a champ, amirite?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Actually, I do. I know. I'm an asshole.

fairplay but are you running a country, we seem to have a raft of leaders in power at the moment who think agitation is a strength they should have

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Would you? But you'll teach your child to stand in the road and protest at the same time?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It is funny how the media, Hollywood and academia are an extremely small portion of the population, but have the largest voice by far over 330+ million, and all three had basically freaked out at about 10 seconds after Trump hit 270 votes. It still goes on today as their #1 goal is to fight trump on everything to remove him at all cost (their words). The reason they want his removal is only because they lost and those groups never lose, so it is tough on them to reconcile with the reality that once in their lives they did not get what they demanded.

Their funnies are not the ha ha funny stuff, it is vindictive and spiteful hate due to their loss. It is also an agenda to constantly push their narratives using friend or foe style of attacks to accomplish, once again, their #1 goal to remove him at all cost.

Trump is a basic New Yorker that strikes back anytime he is attacked, and though I see that as a fault in him, it is just the way he is. The other side is he sees his reactionary attacks as free publicity, and that was very successful for him during his Presidential run.

The bottom line is he can back off on the tweets, but he is not going to, so get over it, don't follow etc. if they bother you so much...

If not for the news and ATS, I wouldn't know about any of his tweets.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

If not for the news and ATS, I wouldn't know about any of his tweets.

Me too, I'm watching his actions... Its funny that I thought he put OMG! at the beginning of his tweets and thought that was weird and then I found out that was from the left freaking out on them all.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
"I'll vote for him so long as he keeps triggering teh lib'raulz"

"Obama divided this country!"

Both sides have been playing that game for at least 2 decades in this country now.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ill agree to disagree because snl used to be jokes but the cast members in the past were not as vocal about politics outside of the show. I will extend that during previous administrations the president was not ridiculed by mainstream media to this extent in addition to these "jokes" which makes it exhausting to sit through an episode of any show in present time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join