It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest: best defense for Trump's SNL Twitter freak out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
source: esquire

All right, Gog and MAGAg. Go for broke: what is your best defense of the Leader of the Free World ranting about SNL reruns as evidence of collusion with Russians?

Prizes are awarded by stars given, and I will also select my favorite answer. Hint on how to win: I already think it's pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I got a bucket of popcorn and am just here for the comments 😂

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Who care's one way or another?

I'm sorry to say I did not read the article. I have read the thread up to the point of posting.
Social media posts have a small value in introducing topics to the public at large.

News reports based on social media posts have no value in society.
Any reporter could discuss the content without resorting to quoting/referring to the social media post.

Example: Subject; social media post: Trump likes to get peed on.
Counter headline: Trump is very concerned about germs.

To me this is an non start post, worthy of the chan sites. Not ATS.
But I responded. . .

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

May I remind you that Trump's tweets are presidential records. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make them go away. Nor does it defend them effectively.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Well obviously Mr. Trump. Is that to short a reply, if so I will stretch it out to comply with site rules

This was at least his second rant against SNL using almost the same words. How many times he has brought that program up in his rallies likely adds at least a few more times.
So that leads me to think that he cares.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

May I remind you that Trump's tweets are presidential records. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make them go away. Nor does it defend them effectively.

Your point?
He is being judged in real time, and will have a historical statement given to his time in office. Just as every other person that has held the office has.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Well obviously Mr. Trump. Is that to short a reply, if so I will stretch it out to comply with site rules

This was at least his second rant against SNL using almost the same words. How many times he has brought that program up in his rallies likely adds at least a few more times.
So that leads me to think that he cares.

OK, he cares. Do you care he cares? I do not care he cares. I will care if he tanks the economy, or makes moves to hurt the layperson. Otherwise, holy crap. SNL has tanked and returned at least twice in my memory.
I think SNL is a valuable show but it's not irreplaceable

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Honestly, I wish Trump had some kind of dial-it-down feature. I don't really see why he's having a dispute with SNL in the first place. It's stupid. They have been doing comedy for a long time, albeit better in the past than today, but comedy all the same. They offer what they think/hope their viewers want and the viewers will respond as they see fit.

Side question: Is the fact that he cares about his reputation
really a negative for him? Doesn't everybody want a good reputation? Can some on the left at least admit he's gotten nothing but bad press from certain outlets ever since he got the nomination, let alone the actual presidency?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Can you prove that it is in fact donald typing those tweets?

In another thread it was shown that tweets on his twitter went out during times he was speaking at rallies.

So at least sometimes the tweets on @therealdonaldtrump are not done by the real donald trump.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Can some on the left at least admit he's gotten nothing but bad press from certain outlets ever since he got the nomination, let alone the actual presidency?

He was made fun of long before that.

And here is sara palin joking about him in 2015. www.politico.com...

Here are some snl skits from long before he became president.

He used to be cool with it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

No defense necessary. Snl has sucked for the better part of 20 years now. He should sign an executive order to remove snl from the air for their own good.

That aside, snl has never demonstrated this much obvious political bias. Same with comedy central. I was just chatting with my attorney only 6 or so months back and asked why these tv channels do not have to register as political action committees for no other reason than the value of air time given to persuade viewers into democrat ideologies. He agrees that given the imbalance the broadcasting could be considered in-kind contributions to a particular party.
edit on 20-3-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Funniest part about all this.....
Trump wins re election in 2020 because of the sympathy generated by all the sky screamers and never ending investigations.
Joke is on you.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well SNL really stands for Soviets Never Lie. So it could be that.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Trump just Tweets to piss off liberals. And it works bigly.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You describe your president as someone who intentionally pisses of a section of his OWN nation and people, so much for unity, i myself can not understand that principle, but I am not from the US maybe thats why, do you like pissing people of for fun?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
He is perhaps the most fragile snowflake in this nation.

I read an article a couple of days ago that said SNL was going to start beginning every episode with a presidential trigger warning. Could've been satire. Hard to tell these days.

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Also this.

"I'll vote for him so long as he keeps triggering teh lib'raulz"

"Obama divided this country!"
edit on 20-3-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
He is perhaps the most fragile snowflake in this nation.

I read an article a couple of days ago that said SNL was going to start beginning every episode with a presidential trigger warning. Could've been satire. Hard to tell these days.

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Also this.

"I'll vote for him so long as he keeps triggering teh lib'raulz"

"Obama divided this country!"

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

A presidential trigger warning would be absolutely hilarious. I don't see it happening unless SNL wishes to be a comedy show again.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

If he cared about his reputation we would not have half the threads about him that we do.

The truth is he has no self esteem and he gets angry when he is criticized. His ego is so damaged his response to something most people would laugh about is extreme rage.
I hate to think what psychological trauma he endured to come out this way.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am shocked that you don't have 10 pages of trumpsters defending his immaturity, instead all you got is crickets. Perhaps only the most hardcore trump supporter will try to defend his bruised ego on this one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join