It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do leftists have such a skewed view of reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Me? I think citizens are benefited best when the government stops trying to help us. You can't help but create more problems than you actually fix when you get in the way of people doing their best to help themselves, and the problems will far outweigh any benefits you might realize.

However, there are a growing number of people who think free stuff from the government is what will benefit them best, and I've worked hard all my life to finally be in the lower reaches of the income brackets where I get to pay for all those free things and not receive any benefit myself because I'm "rich" in the eyes of those people, and every benefit I am forced to pay for further interferes with my ability to help myself and my family to achieve those things I am now paying for others to have for free.

When did I say anything about wanting something for free? You have the wrong guy. I wouldn't even ask my parents for help most of the time when I was in my early 20's... much less a stranger or the government.

I spoke of reducing unneeded wars... that benefits everyone.

What are you going on about? I say something you don't agree with so you just lump me with a group and their ideas when I don't have a part of most of it. But I'm honest enough to say I agree with them on some things.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
All OP did for me was show humans are stupid on all sides and levels of the political spectrum.

But I already knew that.

For every bit of lefty bull# someone produces someone else can produce someting as equally bull# from the other side.

Nearly all humans tend to view reality in a way to suit them regardless of gender, age, nationality, political beliefs etc.

It's a song as old as time.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Are you suggesting this person doesn't feel this way IRL? They just pretend to on the internet?

No, he's suggesting they somehow are so deluded (deceived by false beliefs) that they imagine their feelings are facts. Typical liberal mindset. Very confused about everything they perceive in life.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Silly tbh some people have to follow a team. The glee from all sides when one person on the other side does something bad is childish and petty.
Some love to just stir up crap for no reason other than division and to get pat's on the backs from the like minded.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The answer is lack of critical thinking skills (and it isn't the entire left, just a large part and the vocal left). Hear me out.

I used to say this jokingly, but it became clear to me during the Jussie Smollet debacle. On day one, anyone with critical thinking skills on any side was at the very least saying "this smells funny". By day two, enough was there to say that this was either the most cliche crazy racist attack, or a hoax.

The only people (you can go back and look at the threads and news articles) blindly supporting him were on the left. The only way you could be supporting him was if you had no critical thinking skills. At the very least you should have been skeptical.

It was then that I realized that there actually is a lack of critical thinking skills in a huge part of the left. Then it dawned on me that you could only be far left thinking if you didn't have critical thinking skills. Otherwise you would have figured out how flawed the logic over there is and abandoned them.

It is something that used to be taught, but now you are taught what you should think rather that how to critically think. This has been going on for some decades.
edit on 23-3-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join