It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Feb. 2019 sighting: fireball with smoke, extinguishes itself to reveal metallic craft...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I got this sighting from Nuforc.

Interesting recent sighting in Maine who previously has seen two ufo sightings as well. Witness is a former Law Enforcement Intelligence Analyst, who was driving home one night from takeout when they saw a large amount of smoke in the sky, which included a fireball with smoke trail. The witness continued to drive towards the object.

The witness thought about taking a video but could not do so and drive at the same time unfortunately.
Witness was then able to clearly see the object:
Size was estimated to be about the size of a football field.

Once I passed by Sabattus Lake (on my left), I could clearly see the object in front of me, starting to move towards my right. The area is rural and while Route 126 is a main road, traffic only travels at 45-50 mph within that stretch. When I approached my road on the right, I could see the orange ball burn out as the object started slowing down, almost as if it came to a stop and leveled out. It hovered in place for the better part of 30-45 seconds and no longer had a trail of smoke behind it. I immediately pulled over and threw my car in park! The object was a gray elongated, oval shaped craft of some sort. No wings, like an airplane. Way too long to be a helicopter and I saw no propellers or movement of any sort. On estimate I would say possibly the size of a football field and shiny metallic. It was still too high to see any clear small characteristics such as windows and/or doors. All I could see was a huge metallic form hovering above the field. There were no lights visible. I will say that I drive with my eyeglasses on, so I was looking at the object/craft with 20/20 vision. When I had pulled over, several other vehicles were doing the same (on both sides of the road). I once again grabbed my phone to take a video, but I didn’t want to look away for fear that I would miss something! A car that pulled in behind me had a man jumping out of the driver’s seat, yelling at a female in the passenger seat to get her phone and take a video. I was trying to do the same, but I couldn’t open my camera fast enough. With my window unrolled, I can only estimate that it hovered about the level that our Life Flight helicopter flies by at. (Slightly above tree-top level.) It was less than ¼ of a mile away from me, hovering what seemed like forever until it tipped upward slightly on the right and took off diagonally. It went fast to the right, stopped and then straight up and disappeared from sight.

The witness mentioned they were clearly in awe of what they were seeing here.
One the evening news the witness said there was a report of helicopters and aircraft in the area for a "training mission," but the witness was not accepting this explanation.

I was in awe! When I looked around at the other vehicles across the road from me, people were still looking and searching the sky. I drove off leaving roughly 6-10 other vehicles still on the side of the road. With all that said, I will say that the past two weeks have been very eventful in the skies around here. We have a hot tub and go out nightly, under the stars. We have had more helicopters and low-flying planes in this area (nightly) than EVER in the past 45 years that I’ve lived here. There was a report on the evening news saying that all the helicopters/aircraft were here for a “training mission”, but I don’t buy it! There were too many people that saw the craft that I saw. It’s too coincidental to now have them conduct a “mid-winter training” in our rural area after such an event. Something is out there and it was clearly in trouble, but somehow it corrected itself, extinguished itself, even, and took off again. I can’t explain it, but I do know that there have been several sightings around Sabattus Mountain over the years. I will try to find some of the newspaper articles and send them your way! If I could be of any further help, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Source

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Sadly there was not footage..

Stories like this will only be stories for me without footage or any kind of evidence.
They are just words from a stranger I do not know.

Perhaps if a close trust worthy family member told me the same story I would believe.

I need that footage..

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Very interesting; thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

your welcome. I have tried to locate any video of this sighting, sadly have not been able to yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Then it either would be a smoking weather balloon or a weather balloon surrounded with swamp gas or CGI..

So this story sounds great OP
edit on 0b43America/ChicagoTue, 19 Mar 2019 13:37:43 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Mar 2019 13:37:43 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Cool story but with nothing to back it up then this is just a story

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I once saw in the early morning, spring (between february and april) of 2005 in des moines iowa an object with a smoke trail traveling due east. Im somewhat certain it was a small meteor that burned up before it met the horizon. No metalic objects hovering that i could see but it was pretty amazing. Perhaps this was a combination of two separate events in Maine?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Without something other than a story, this isn’t even interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

In true ATS spirit!!!

Bravo...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

"Hovering what seemed like forever until it tipped upward slightly on the right and took off diagonally".

Sounds exactly like this guy

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Then it either would be a smoking weather balloon or a weather balloon surrounded with swamp gas or CGI..

You got it right... "story" you said it yourself.

Did you know I worked in a underground NATO bunker when I was 34. Two times I got to speak to a alien that was helping my unit to build a device that could render things invisible ?
edit on 19-3-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Did you know I worked in a underground NATO bunker when I was 34. Two times I got to speak to a alien that was helping my unit to build a device that could render things invisible ?

Two times........twice maybe?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sounds like maybe one of space-x rockets returning to go to the launch pad. The fireball look as it reenters the atmosphere.

Many years ago I saw something do reentry at night, I guess it was the shuttle coming in. What he saw could also be the military space shuttle coming back.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Oooh, you got to be in one of those Military super Psychoactive drug trials. Cool, did they give you some beer to go with the drugs?
edit on 19-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Well maybe not to you but I find it interesting.
I do think People can have a hard time estimating size when looking at things in the sky distance is deceiving as well as size.

Did anyone check launch and returns?

Scorched SpaceX rocket returns to port in Florida, ready to launch a fourth time
February 25, 2019 Stephen Clark
spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There have been several of these "slow meteorite" sightings lately. I guess it's going to be a slow, one-ship-at-a-time invasion.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The witness said that 6 to 10 other cars had pulled off the side of the road because of the UFO.....I find it very difficult to believe that none of those people got any video
edit on 19-3-2019 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
There have been several of these "slow meteorite" sightings lately. I guess it's going to be a slow, one-ship-at-a-time invasion.

The part where they stand still we can't be sure of, most of us have seen the illusion of moving objects in the sky looking like they stand still.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Blue Shift

The part where they stand still we can't be sure of, most of us have seen the illusion of moving objects in the sky looking like they stand still.

Of course. Depending on their direction and where the sun is, some things like jets with contrails can look like they're not moving, or moving very slowly. But I gather from the latest reports that these are different. I've seen enough meteorites to know that even blasting in at a funny angle, they don't last long. But these things are apparently like fireballs, but surprisingly slow. Slow enough to notice. So I don't know.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Now that's worth a video

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join