It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Iraqi's protest the terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
It is coming around all right, but you missed a very important part of this news:

The demonstrators also demanded that interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi step down.

No to foreign insurgents and no to the ineffective puppet regime. Now that is progress I say.

Oh yeah? How about this: If those 2000 people did that protest 3 years ago and asked Saddam to step down they all would be dead. They have the right to speak thier minds now. Check mate.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wait a minute, are people saying that being lied into a war we weren't prepared for, and didn't need, doesn't matter now? Sorry, but the lives of our men and women in uniform, not to mention the contractors and innocent Iraqis, was not worth whatever you think is happening in Iraq now. We were so much better off with Saddam in power.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Wait a minute, are people saying that being lied into a war we weren't prepared for, and didn't need, doesn't matter now? Sorry, but the lives of our men and women in uniform, not to mention the contractors and innocent Iraqis, was not worth whatever you think is happening in Iraq now. We were so much better off with Saddam in power.

We? You in Iraq right now? What city or town? Our? Please elaborate.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Woa!.....Ok, Yeah we should have let Saddam stay in power so he could kill and torcher thousands upon thousands of more people. Not to mention so he could keep breaking international law. After all you know, those Iraqi citizens aren't worthy of a chance for a better life or better future.

Come on man........How can anybody think that Iraq was better off with a tyrant like SADDAM??.......You're missing the point that the Iraqis have a chance to build a real future out of their country. I completely respect and feel for the innocent people who have given their lives in this war, hell my brother was in Iraq and i feared for him every day. However, a great country cannot be made in a matter of a few years. 10-15 years down along the line if the same things are still happening, then i will stick my foot in my mouth. However its still way to early to judge on whether it was worth it or not.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjcOh yeah? How about this: If those 2000 people did that protest 3 years ago and asked Saddam to step down they all would be dead. They have the right to speak thier minds now. Check mate.
Sure they do which is a very good thing for them, because they are not only speaking their minds against the fanatic insurgents, they are speaking their minds against an inept government, a government installed by the U.S. The only checkmate I see is the one soon to come as the game has only just begun, and the demonstration against the government is the very game of chess the US did not want to play.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
It is coming around all right, but you missed a very important part of this news:

The demonstrators also demanded that interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi step down.

No to foreign insurgents and no to the ineffective puppet regime. Now that is progress I say.

It is a beginning. The Iraqi people are saying they have had enough. I am sure that they have had enough of the USA also. I know I would if the shoe was on the other foot. Of course they want us out, no one is questioning that. The thing is they are finally taking their future into their own hands. The sooner they do this the sooner we can bring our people home. 2000 Iraqi's protesting may not seem a lot to some people but considering they are risking their lives and the lives of their families to do this, then it means they are finally turning the corner. It has been a long bloody road to get to this point. May God be with them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join