It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Iraqi's protest the terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its coming about folks. The people of Iraq have had it with the terrorsts/insurgents and want it to stop:

apnews.myway.com...

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - More than 2,000 people demonstrated Tuesday at the site of a car bombing south of Baghdad that killed 125 people, chanting "No to terrorism!"..."

Lets hope more and more Iraqi people start to get active in the fight for thier country against these animals.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What? No replies? Dissapointed this post isnt about how terrible Americans are? Wait.....Those Iraqi people WANT the insurgents to stop?!?! But but but thats against all stuff we read at Jihadunspun and Al Jazeera?!

The people are ready to start enjoying thier freedom and they wont stand for the insurgents/terrorists disrupting it any longer.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry dude, the problem with your post is it says nothing bad about Bush, our Military or our country in general. Most people on ATS want to bitch not hear good news. Your post goes completely against the grain. But hey if it makes you feel better I really liked it

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for getting my sarcasm. Man, maybe I should change the title to:

"USA uses laser guided bombs to kill Iraqi puppies, STUPID AMERICANS!"

I think then we would get some response.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga
Sorry dude, the problem with your post is it says nothing bad about Bush, our Military or our country in general. Most people on ATS want to bitch not hear good news.

Sadly I think you are spot on with this analysis.

Sounds like great news to me though, thanks for posting it Skipp.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yep - great news.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

How dare you post an article like that!

Those stupid Iraqis don't know what's good for them. Being blown up by freedom fighters is making them a better country. How dare anyone disagree with that notion.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's the beginning of the end for the insurgents...

Good post...haven't seen it on the news yet..wonder why?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lebanon and Iraq?

OMG! Will "the Bush Doctrine" turn out to have been right all along?

Stay tuned for further developments (and many posts by intellectually honest liberals eating crow).

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Around 2,000 people out of 25,000,000 protested against terrorism. Not exactly a large percentage if you ask me. Far more in the U.S. protested the war and it didn't stop it. I sincerely doubt this percentage of people wishing the terrorism to stop will have a dent either.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well it is good to see they dont like death, and its even better to see that they are against the tacitcs used

This isnt the beginiing but it wil get the ball rolling.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Around 2,000 people out of 25,000,000 protested against terrorism. Not exactly a large percentage if you ask me. Far more in the U.S. protested the war and it didn't stop it. I sincerely doubt this percentage of people wishing the terrorism to stop will have a dent either.

The Iraqis have to start somewhere don't they.

Is it impossible for you to admit that this news is better than what's happened before when they cheered the terrorists?

Another typical liberal response.

How big would the number 2,000 seem to you if they were protesting against the U.S.? You'd think it was a HUGE number then, right? No, you'd be all over that story.

[edit on 3/1/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I see a ripple effect taking place. Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Israel-Palestine, soon....possibly Syria and Iran. The people are starting to see it. Time will tell on freedom and democracy. Be a pessimist if you will, but you cannot deny the possibliities that this region may.....just may be .ed for major change for the better.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Another typical liberal response.

Thank you for the lovely comment, can I say there is more than 2 political parties in the world

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What's really good news is that the Iraqi people are finding their voice after 30 years of the heaviest suppression. The West (yes, I know, mainly the US) have liberated them. No doubt they are aware that in Lebanon, plain folk like them have forced another autocratic government to resign.

Now they are starting to protest the most autocratic reign of all - the reign of terror. If they can truly take back the streets, the 25 million will not be cowed by the few, and they will be ruled by their own chosen representatives.

We must all wish them well.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
some of you seem to confuse protesting terrorism with protesting insurgents, they dont attack iraqis but the terrorists do, they dont kidnap or be. people, the terrorists do, as soon as america was mentioned you ruined this thread and twisted the reason of the protest to suit yourself, from what i've seen in every occupation in history with an insurgency fighting them, the people support the insurgency 100%, its ignorant to suggest otherwise, they protest anyone hurting iraqis, not insurgents who only attack our soldiers.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
skippytjc give us a break some of us are a sleep when topics are posted.
Its nice to see the Iraqis showing there dislike of the insurgenys.

Sadly it dosnt change the facts thou the Iraqi sercuity forces are a joke I watched a documentry last night they were running thou purple smoke is it any wonder they dont cut it when it comes to defeating the enemy?

[edit on 1-3-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
[some of you seem to confuse protesting terrorism with protesting insurgents, they dont attack iraqis but the terrorists do]

Insurgents don't attack Iraqi's
So does this mean that when Iraqi Sunni attack and kill Iraqi Shi' then they are not insurgents they are terrorist.

[as soon as america was mentioned you ruined this thread and twisted the reason of the protest to suit yourself]

Please refer to my earlier post.

, [from what i've seen in every occupation in history with an insurgency fighting them, the people support the insurgency 100%, its ignorant to suggest otherwise, they protest anyone hurting iraqis, not
insurgents who only attack our soldiers.]

Again I say please refer to my earlier post. Thanks for making my point for me.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
some of you seem to confuse protesting terrorism with protesting insurgents, they dont attack iraqis but the terrorists do, they dont kidnap or be. people, the terrorists do, as soon as america was mentioned you ruined this thread and twisted the reason of the protest to suit yourself, from what i've seen in every occupation in history with an insurgency fighting them, the people support the insurgency 100%, its ignorant to suggest otherwise, they protest anyone hurting iraqis, not insurgents who only attack our soldiers.

Well, WHAT IF IT HAAPENS TO BE THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE?

Now I realize, that given the situation over there, it would be logical to assume thatthere are a number of different groups acting independently, but how can you possibly difrentiate beween the two?

Your rationalizations notwithstanding:

Insurgents = terrorists

End of the discussion!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is coming around all right, but you missed a very important part of this news:

The demonstrators also demanded that interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi step down.

No to foreign insurgents and no to the ineffective puppet regime. Now that is progress I say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join