It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellons - Mystery New Skin Disease in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I apologize in advance if there is a thread already for this. I think I read one pertaining to the same disease in CA. This appears to be spreading and quickly. Doctors are baffled by this and haven't linked where this parasite might have been picked up.

Mysterious Quantum Disease Strikes Thousands in United States and Canada

“Mystery Illness Turns Family’s Home into Prison”, and which says, "A mysterious skin disease is spreading across the country, and it has already extended into parts of Texas. It's called Morgellons, a parasite-like infection that will literally make your skin crawl. Patients say it feels like bugs are crawling all over you. To make matters even worse, many doctors say the victims are delusional."
www.woai.com... Morgellons Research Foundation says about this mysterious new disease;

"Most individuals with this disease report non-healing skin lesions, which are associated with highly unusual structures. These structures can be described as fiber-like or filamentous, and are the most striking features of this disease. In addition, many people consistently report finding objects described as black specks, and granules associated with their skin and skin lesions.

A-9C12-0B6B63719E7D

In recent news residents in CA were also reporting this same disease. The cases are now in the thousands and yet doctors are only beginning to recognize this as a new skin disease that appears to be spreading.
www.rgj.com...
The above link gives photos of the lesions.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this reminds me in a way of micheal crichton's book 'Prey'. it might be worth collecting some of those black specks and putting them under a very strong microscope for signs of nanotechnology

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't think it's really something to laugh at. Although I read Prey and know what you are talking about.
Those poor people must be tortured by this and then having doctors claiming they are suffering from delusions to boot.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im pretty darn sure we would have heard more about it if this was true... SARS only killed a few and it was all over the news.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Im pretty darn sure we would have heard more about it if this was true... SARS only killed a few and it was all over the news.

Unless it's being deliberately being kept out of the news? Just because its not all over the mainstream media, doesnt mean its not happening. Im guessing because there's no people dying from this so its probably not a huge story.....yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Did you not see the link posted in the original post? Texas local news had a story on it. California has had a story on it. I will need to look up that one but I read about it a week back.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It is true, it has been reported, on ATS and other places. A search should turn up everything.

Here's the previous thread on the topic, with some really good links for those who want to know more. It's probably not the alien plague some will make it out to be, but it is a curious, hard to eradicate infection. It is also often misdiagnosed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is some evidence linking it to lymes disease and tick bites. There is, at least, a statistical corrollary.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i have the same exact thing , first i thought it was chiggers ,but in the summer and winter.so i went to the dr. and she said it was contact dermatidious(yea right).I've been keeping it under control with APEXICON cream.THE BIOPSYWAS NEG.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

have the same exact thing , first i thought it was chiggers ,but in the summer and winter.so i went to the dr. and she said it was contact dermatidious(yea right).I've been keeping it under control with APEXICON cream.THE BIOPSYWAS NEG.

are u serious? Not to be morbid, but do you have those little fibers coming out? Or are u just being sarcastic?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
YES ,but i think the fibers are just pieces of lint that get coagulated within the scab after scratching lik a DOG

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The fibers could be lint, or they could be protein strands growing out of the alien organism embedded in your flesh.

Enjoy!

(If you really suspect you have the disease, contact the Morgellons foundation and add yourself to their case studies so they can better understand and treat the disease.)

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I remember Coast to Coast am doing
a story on this disease some time ago.

I just saw some pics of this disease.
All I can say is Yuck!!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry, folks, but there was a previously existing thread on this subject. Please pick up the discussion there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join