It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Yang is Ross Perot for millennials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Funny thing about the french revolution.

Robbspierre lost his head when it was done.

There is a lesson to be learned.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I read your thread on this concept. It seemed intriguing. But I'm not up to date enough on things to really understand what you were saying.

I barely understand the basic concept of blockchain.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah. If you abuse your power you're going to lose your f***ing head.

There's a good reason why when the dust settled it was a nobody that held the crown.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What Yang wants is an abuse of power.

The state wasn't created to give people snip.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The Machine Economy: Section 4 "The Blockchain"

It is impossible for me to discuss blockchain technology without talking about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital cryptographically secured and defined digital asset based on an immutable ledger system. What Bitcoin achieved, was to turn digital information into unassailable digital property, and make it tradable on the open internet (Nakamoto, S. 2008).

The Machine Economy: Section 6 "The Machine Economy"

For instance, a digital currency can be used for service interactions between machines. Excess energy from your solar power system can be sold via this currency as a service rendered. Decentralizing and automating digital processing, fabrication, assembly, and service transactions linked to a single ownership account on a blockchain, would ensure that the owner gets paid and continues to participate in the economy. Decentralized economic networks and automation in a machine economy would make a cellphone, an electric car, or an idle computer a contributor to the economy, while the person reaps the benefits.

edit on 19 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I want to point out that Yang has been talking about Bitcoin and blockchain as a means of creating his UBI. Dude is all over the place and just doesn't understand how this stuff works. He's like a much less rich Warren Buffet. Asshole only ever sent one e-mail in his life and admittedly avoids computers, but he certainly has an opinion on Bitcoin.

Andrew Yang has a PhD in Physics and a BS in Economics. I respect his education but not his need to drag the Industrial Revolution forward another century ensuring the economically depressed stay that way.

When has welfarism like this EVER helped anyone?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What has welfarism like this EVER helped anyone?

The war on poverty has been a epic failure, so they're doubling down on stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The future belongs to young people. I think he's great!

He has a brilliant mind. Of course, people with brains are usual shunned by American voters.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So what is your solution?

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The future belongs to young people. I think he's great!

It doesn't belong to anyone that refuses to grow up.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

He has a brilliant mind. Of course, people with brains are usual shunned by American voters.

Americans know when they're being talked down to.

I was introduced to Andrew Yang as he gave a speech about how much smarter he is than the people who voted for Donald Trump.

He's off to a good start.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

As I said. UBI is not the answer. But ignoring the coming issues and telling people to "deal with it" is a way worse answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So what is your solution?

Work for it.

Invest for it.

Using your own time, and labor instead of expecting someone to foot your existence.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

To invest you need money. To get money you need a job. There aren't going to be jobs because they've been replaced by robots.

That's the whole issue.

Are you that oblivious to the whole debate?
edit on 3/19/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

To invest you need money. To get money you need a job. There aren't going to be jobs because they've been replaced by robots.

That's the whole issue.

Are you that oblivious to the whole debate?

The faulty assumption is that there won't be jobs. There will be jobs, just maybe not the same ones today...

Tech may remove some jobs, but it creates other jobs...

Buggy whip makers didn't become homeless because automobiles replaced horse drawn buggies...

Travel agents aren't homeless because we have Expedia....

Stock brokers aren't homeless because we have Etrade...

Sure, there will be some people hurt in the short-term, but people adapt and find other careers or they retire.

The change usually happens relatively slowly so if an industry is being disrupted, younger people typically find other careers. The older guys in the industry wind up retiring or finding new jobs.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm actually in one of the few jobs that won't be phased out immediately due to automation because it involves creativity.

That said, as we get closer and closer to hard AI robots are going to be able to do anything we can much more efficiently.

It doesn't matter what jobs emerge since robotics will eventually get to the point where their development keeps up with our development.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'm actually in one of the few jobs that won't be phased out immediately due to automation because it involves creativity.

That said, as we get closer and closer to hard AI robots are going to be able to do anything we can much more efficiently.

It doesn't matter what jobs emerge since robotics will eventually get to the point where their development keeps up with our development.

My point is all the sky is falling talk about tech taking everyone's job is just that... talk. Yes, there will be some jobs that get disintermediated. I fully expect that my job may be gone in 10 years or significantly different than it is today. I've prepared for it, so it is what it is.... I will find something else to do or retire at that point.

Crying about it doesn't stop technological advancement which has been occurring since the beginning of time.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This election cycle is about making money for all of these candidate because frankly they know that when there is another 4 years of Trump the well for them will run dry.

The people running are almost ALL tied to some type of issues if a politician or business if private sector.

The Democratic field is sad. Who on the left could debate Trump?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yes technological advancement has been happening since the start of history. But it is happening at an exponential pace. Eventually it's going to get to a point where technological progress is occurring at a faster pace than our ability to keep up.

That point is going to happen very soon. So what do we do when we hit that point?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is why the concept of money needs a better understanding. Money is a technology. It is an abstraction of the concept of value and allows us to communicate that value to each other. There have been 5 major changes to the communication of value (money) in our history. Barter ledger, metals(gold), paper(think promissory notes), math (modern fiat), and blockchain.

One of the things I recommend we do is this:

Ownership of Self and HTC

“And the reason why you do a blockchain phone is ... for everybody just to own their own keys. Everything starts there. When you start owning your own keys, then you can start owning your own digital identity, then you can start to own data.”
-Phil Chen, HTC (CNBC)

Once you own your identity and the data you produce you will have a very basic start of economic activity that cannot take place without your consent. Meaning that you will always have a means of revenue even by doing things like paying attention to ads. Blockchain can make this happen, and it is (Brave Browser and the Basic Attention Token).

Nearly any action can be made a compensable action in an automated economy. Basic actions like the attention given to content can be a compensable event, and the Brave browser is an example of a project taking advantage of these compensable events where it was previously not possible.

The other aspect of this will be the use of the hardware a person owns. Idle CPUs, GPUs, and storage space can be sold on the open IoT. Excess energy production can be sold via a relayed electrical grid with as much decentralized energy production as can possibly be attained (home solar panels and other technologies for individual power generation). Since the energy being produced belongs to the individual in question, that money is his.

The Truck driver that WILL lose his job someday might want to consider buying an automated rig for himself when they go on the market. Why? Because what he buys he owns outright, whatever that rig produces belongs to the owner of the rig.

We need to change how we engage with the economy, but the key is that we KEEP engaging with the economy. Our human creativity will always have economic value. Things made by people will always have value. But the overall economy will be automated. I believe that if we decentralize it, codify the ownership of self, and hard integrate the systems necessary to accommodate this new economic reality, we might actually be able to free ourselves economically and stay free politically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join