It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealanders buying up guns as new laws proposed after Christchurch mosque shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
With the talk about changing the gun laws and possibly banning semi-automatics the people according to the article are making a run on the gun stores. When I first saw this article it reminded me of the greatest gun salesman America has ever known called President Obama. I bought low and sold high when I moved overseas and made money on every gun I ever owned.

I for one like to see a people resist knee jerk policies which will have little effect on evil doers .. Now if the government says turn them in it will be interesting on what percentage of the gun owners comply.

Carol Pomana feels slightly uncomfortable about shopping for guns just days after the Christchurch terrorist attack on two mosques that left 50 people dead and dozens more injured.

"In some ways, I feel like it's inappropriate because of what's happened," she said.

However, she believes change is coming as the New Zealand Cabinet meets on Monday to discuss tighter gun regulations.

"That's why we're here today," she said, after emerging from Christchurch's Gun City store.
"If we do not purchase the guns we'd like, we're going to miss out on that opportunity.

I am always reminded of the Pistol in front of the U.N. where the barrel is tied into a knot.. I really do believe that the NWO folks want a disarmed world population and I can't blame them... They know that most people will not put up with their agenda 21/30 crap unless unable to fight back.
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not a surprise, I certainly would considering the knee jerk emotional language that will be in what ever restrictions they bring.

Ill probably never understand the thought process, bad man does bad things, so pass laws that only good people will follow.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i find the " kne-jerk reaction " of dashing out to buy firearms // more firearms . to be the greater idiocy but hey YMMV

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i find the " kne-jerk reaction " of dashing out to buy firearms // more firearms . to be the greater idiocy but hey YMMV

In America, it's silly because everyone knows when the ban comes it will be met with a hundred million armed citizens.
In other countries, not so much. They have the same impending ban, but not always the history to fight it.

Banning guns will never solve the problem of nutters.
They'll put you in prison for owning a banned gun, but they're not willing to ban mental illness. Society is fundamentally broken because people aren't willing to accept the fact that not everyone is created equal.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The only thing that stops a bad guy with guns is a good guy with guns.

And the bad guys will definitely still have guns.
edit on 19-3-2019 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As opposed to a knee jerk reaction of banning snip from people that will never harm another person.

I'd prefer going out and buying as many as I can. Instead of holding others answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime.
edit on 19-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As i commented in another thread, after the Port Arthur massacre, Australian gun shops basically sold out within a week of the new gun laws being proposed. One gun shop owner told me he was digging around under shelves looking for ammo that might have fallen, as he couldn't keep up with demand.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
NZ government

‘We wants your guns’

Also the NZ government

‘You shared a video we didn’t want shared, 14 years in jail for you!”

Always remember ‘gun deplomacy’ The people with the guns makes the rules.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

How so? What politicians want they tend to get. Government has a habit of punishing everyone NOT involved in the crime.
edit on 19 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

How so? What politicians want they tend to get. Government has a habit of punishing everyone NOT involved in the crime.

Yep. We see a lot of highly efficient plans to disarm law-abiding people, but I've yet to see any politician roll out a plan for disarming the criminals.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I liked what this guy said after the terrorist attack in New Zealand, logical

@ 4:40 he says:

"its better to have one of these ( holding his Glock ) and not need it than to need it and not have it"

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Power comes through the barrel of a gun....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There's a reason guns are called equalizers.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Is it really knee jerk when the govt says we will remove your ability to buy XYZ, and its something you had wanted or needed to buy but been putting it off, so you run out and get it while you are still legally able to?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
they're not willing to ban mental illness.

Lol. How do you propose we do that? It's estimated that 1 in 5 people have some kind of mental illness. Myself included. If we ban it will we all be better? Or are you just proposing we get rid of the people?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The government is saying that they can do a better job of protecting you than you can.

Which might be true if you live in a police-state.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Buy up as many guns as possible NZ.

Enough so they can never take them away from you.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Of course, MSM is saying that the citizens there are voluntarily turning in their guns to the police there because they feel bad about this event. I suppose there will be one police officer who will kind of forget to file the paperwork and sell the guns to make some extra cash, they probably do not get paid well there either. Most police officers are good people and will not do this kind of thing, but once in a while stuff happens.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: a325nt
they're not willing to ban mental illness.

Lol. How do you propose we do that? It's estimated that 1 in 5 people have some kind of mental illness. Myself included. If we ban it will we all be better? Or are you just proposing we get rid of the people?

You tell me- what works better?

If you caught uncle joey molesting kids today, you'd have him arrested and he'd wind up in counseling. Unless he worked for the church... then he'd get an all expenses paid move like he was in the witness protection program to a whole new community full of unwitting victims.

Know what would happen to him a few hundred years ago?

The tribe would take him out back and execute him, for the betterment of their society. Nobody would really talk about it, but he would pretty much just not come home one day.
Same thing for deformed children, or the kind of kids who would kill the neighbors cats, or anyone who would constantly steal from others. Todays definition of mental illness is far too broad... but way back when, this sort of thing wasn't really a problem because people took care of eachother.

It takes a village- but only in the pre-1996 context.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Jesus you people are deluded. Yes banning guns stops mass shootings, it works. Who needs a semi automatic rifle other than a psycho looking to kill as many people as possible?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join